Dr. Peter A. Lechman

5 1 4.4

You may also like

Rate Dr. Peter A. Lechman

Dr. Peter A. Lechman's Ratings

Dr. Lechman is the best pediatrician i have met. I have worked with many Peds as an RN and my husband as a paramedic. Many nurses I know go to Lechman because he is straight forward, and will give you an honest diagnosis. He is comfortable delivering both good and not great news. He has correctly diagnosed my children when other Peds were unable to. I feel lucky to have him as our pediatrician!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2843363].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Easily one of the best pediatricians in the city. And this comes from a fmaily

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2816826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

So unfortunate that someone would write a bad review about Dr. Peter Lechman. Definitely get another pediatrician and let the rest of us enjoy the services of this amazing doctor! My husband and I were attending a Newborn class at Northwestern as we were expecting our first child and we were nervous & clueless. We had a pediatrician lined up, but we switched after Dr. Lechman was the instructor at that class. We wanted him to be our doctor. Here's the deal for those of you reading this, trying to get the BEST doctor for your precious baby and (as awesome parents) you are reading reviews to make a very informed decision......Dr. Lechman is all about ENJOYING the experience, knowing exactly what you should be worrying about and what you should NOT be worrying about, and TRUST ME...the man has a heart of gold. He comes off as relaxed and funny. He said to us " people have been having children for millions of years...you cannot mess this up." He made us laugh when we were nervous. That said, the man is a Northwestern scholar, teacher, and amazing doctor. He doesn't miss a thing! He notices everything. He noticed a band-aid sticking out of my diaper bag and said "did our little one get a boo boo I should be taking a look at?" As a new mother, my baby was sick and I gave her some infant Advil in an exhausted state in the middle of the night. Then I became frantic that I read the bottle wrong and I wondered if I gave her too much medicine. My husband told me to relax and I didn't misjudge the amount. I could not sleep, so I sent Dr. Lechman a panic email at 4:30 a.m. and he wrote me back within 45 minutes assuring me that I was indeed correct in my math and I did not overdose her. He even called later that day and said "I am quite positive the baby is ok, so I am calling to make sure that mom is ok." I could keep going on with great stories about this doctor but, for those of you who decide to try him out, you will NOT be disappointed and please come back someday and give him a good review. I have probably written 3 reviews total in my life and this is one of them because I happened to stumble upon a negative review when I was looking up his office address for a daycare application (our daughter is now 2 years old - he has been our doctor since the day she was born). When I read someone's review saying he "lacks compassion" it just made me upset enough to write this long review back (thanks for reading all of this, by the way). If you do not get Dr. Lechman's humor, then move on to someone you feel is a better match, but don't give him a bad review because you do not get the humor or appreciate his "it is all going to be ok" style. He makes us laugh every visit - even when baby has to get a shot (vaccination). I was taking the baby's diaper off and there was a rather goofy monkey design on the diaper and Dr. Lechman said "oh these marketers...what will they come up with next?" Humor during nerve racking situations like being in a doctor's office or having a sick baby is a refreshing gift. He reminds us to enjoy our beautiful baby and blessed lives. And he has NEVER not been there for us - even when our daughter had "Hand, Foot & Mouth" disease with a very high fever and many other awful illnesses from daycare. Dr. Lechman was our own super hero and he not only nursed our baby back to health, but he nurtured us as new parents as well. We always enjoy seeing him and we always leave our appointments with new things to make us laugh about. Enjoy your lovely family! We give Dr. Lechman FIVE STARS. Jill & Mike

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2780636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Lechman has been my daughter's pediatrician for over 2 years. I disagree that he lacks compassion! Several months ago I had a very poor prenatal diagnosis for my 2nd child and had to make some devastatingly painful decisions for our birth plan. (Despite the high likelihood that we would have very little time with our unborn child, we decided to carry to term.) I had some questions to ask him about how to maximize our time with our baby - should he survive labour and delivery - such as what routine post delivery procedures to skip, etc. I left a message asking him to call me, and he personally called me back twice. When at last I was able to answer, he spent over an hour on the phone with me, discussing our options and answering all my questions. He was in no hurry to end the call and he was so compassionate and understanding. I felt more emotional support from him in that phone conversation than from any of the obgyn docs who I had many prenatal visits with throughout my pregnancy. He is always great with my daughter too. For those of you researching him as a potential pediatrician, he is a great pediatrician and he will be a strong advocate for your child. (Meaning the advice he gives is always in favor of your child.) One last comment - at the hospital after our daughter was born, he spotted some cough drops on the table. He immediately asked us, "so, is someone being sick around the baby?!" My husband had the drops as a preventative measure. I appreciated that he was sticking up for our newborn right away. Perhaps the people who don't like him (as indicated by the low reviews here) take offense at Dr. Lechman advocating more for the child over the parent, but I think that is the sign of a good pediatrician.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2521321].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

I am shocked that other parents like him so much. Several families I know are apalled by his lack of compassion and huge ego.. Additionally he has been 100% wrong on several diagnosis. Needs to be humbled. Medicine and Dr's are not perfect. Patients need to understand this. Then someone should tell him.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][785182].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013

Disorganized staff gives our conflicting information. 90%useless. Doctor lacks conviction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785181].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

We've been seeing Dr. Lechman for over six years now. He's so down to Earth. He listens to the parent, talks to the child and puts both at ease. My kids really like him as do I. Just after we started with him we were going to switch pediatricians because of a change of insurance. We spoke to him about it. He didn't advise sticking with him but explain when we should do it in terms of specialists, cost etc. He was trying to help my child and us, not himself or his practice. That made us not switch insurance and stick with him and we've been delighted.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2012

I have been taking my kids to Dr Lechman for the last ten years and wouldn't change a thing. He's always given more than enough time,listens and explains everything every time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][785179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2010

excellent all the way around, sets teh parents mind at ease and has a reasonable answer to any and all questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][785178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

Lechman focuses on making sure you don't imagine yourself into a complete stress ball. He has seen enough new parents to know the paths they take to worry about their kids and heads them off at the pass. He capably identifies conditions in your children and helps you address without getting you wigged out. Great job.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][785177].votes_count ]]