Rate Dr. Peter A. Lechman

Dr. Peter A. Lechman's Ratings

Dr. Lechman has been my daughter's pediatrician for over 2 years. I disagree that he lacks compassion! Several months ago I had a very poor prenatal diagnosis for my 2nd child and had to make some devastatingly painful decisions for our birth plan. (Despite the high likelihood that we would have very little time with our unborn child, we decided to carry to term.) I had some questions to ask him about how to maximize our time with our baby - should he survive labour and delivery - such as what routine post delivery procedures to skip, etc. I left a message asking him to call me, and he personally called me back twice. When at last I was able to answer, he spent over an hour on the phone with me, discussing our options and answering all my questions. He was in no hurry to end the call and he was so compassionate and understanding. I felt more emotional support from him in that phone conversation than from any of the obgyn docs who I had many prenatal visits with throughout my pregnancy. He is always great with my daughter too. For those of you researching him as a potential pediatrician, he is a great pediatrician and he will be a strong advocate for your child. (Meaning the advice he gives is always in favor of your child.) One last comment - at the hospital after our daughter was born, he spotted some cough drops on the table. He immediately asked us, "so, is someone being sick around the baby?!" My husband had the drops as a preventative measure. I appreciated that he was sticking up for our newborn right away. Perhaps the people who don't like him (as indicated by the low reviews here) take offense at Dr. Lechman advocating more for the child over the parent, but I think that is the sign of a good pediatrician.

Submitted Sept. 2, 2014 | flag

I am shocked that other parents like him so much. Several families I know are apalled by his lack of compassion and huge ego.. Additionally he has been 100% wrong on several diagnosis. Needs to be humbled. Medicine and Dr's are not perfect. Patients need to understand this. Then someone should tell him.

Submitted July 22, 2013 | flag

Disorganized staff gives our conflicting information. 90%useless. Doctor lacks conviction.

Submitted May 31, 2013 | flag

We've been seeing Dr. Lechman for over six years now. He's so down to Earth. He listens to the parent, talks to the child and puts both at ease. My kids really like him as do I. Just after we started with him we were going to switch pediatricians because of a change of insurance. We spoke to him about it. He didn't advise sticking with him but explain when we should do it in terms of specialists, cost etc. He was trying to help my child and us, not himself or his practice. That made us not switch insurance and stick with him and we've been delighted.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2012 | flag

I have been taking my kids to Dr Lechman for the last ten years and wouldn't change a thing. He's always given more than enough time,listens and explains everything every time.

Submitted Dec. 3, 2010 | flag

excellent all the way around, sets teh parents mind at ease and has a reasonable answer to any and all questions.

Submitted July 28, 2010 | flag

Lechman focuses on making sure you don't imagine yourself into a complete stress ball. He has seen enough new parents to know the paths they take to worry about their kids and heads them off at the pass. He capably identifies conditions in your children and helps you address without getting you wigged out. Great job.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag