Rate Dr. Jonathan Aviv

Dr. Jonathan Aviv's Ratings

Very caring and informative - spends a lot of time and not rush me out - would highly recommend to family and friends. Office is clean and well equipped - very nice flow to office visit.

Submitted June 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Aviv may be an expert in his field, but I would discourage anyone from seeing him as a doctor. My appointment with him may have been my worst experiences with a doctor. A few examples: He used a FEESST to check my throat, which was excruciating because of significant swelling and an inability to shallow. When he finished the test, he told me I overreacted--that it had not been so bad. He advised me to make changes to my diet but then told me to buy his book to get all the information. When he prescribed medication, I asked him how it differed from what his office colleague had prescribed earlier. He responded that he had no idea what had been prescribed. I had to request he look at my record. He berated me for never having had allergy testing despite not having had any symptoms of allergies. In short, if you are looking for a compassionate doctor who provides information, he is NOT the one to see. I won't be going back.

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

I started experiencing constant throat clearing, feeling a lump sensation in my throat and difficulty swallowing. After seeing numerous doctors including a GI who performed an Endoscopy and even being hospitalized, no one was able to give me the proper diagnosis. As luck may have it I did on online search and came across Dr. Aviv. I was able to get an appt. right away and Dr. Aviv was able to properly diagnose that I had LPR. I started medication and changed my diet and I feel great. Dr. Aviv is kind, caring, very knowledgeable and took his time with me. He has a great bedside manner and was the only doctor that was able to help me. I am forever grateful to Dr. Aviv. Dr. Aviv is a wonderful ENT doctor and I can't thank him enough for helping me feel better!

Submitted March 23, 2014 | flag

If you have complex or unusual ENT symtoms, you may want to see Jonathan Aviv, MD. Dr. Aviv is both a first-rate doctor and a medical researcher whose thoroughness and expertise far exceeds any ENT clinician I have met. Dr. Aviv diagnosed the causes of a chronic cough I've had for 25 years. He explained the reasons for my symptoms, showed me documentation of this rare ailment in a medical journal, outlined a complex but do-able treatment plan, emailed several other top-rated physicians on my behalf, and sent prescriptions to my pharmacy - all in less than forty minutes. I am also grateful to the cheerful and efficient staff at ENT and Allergy Associates, and impressed by the state-of-the-art facilities there.

Submitted July 15, 2013 | flag

I was suffering for years from a constant cough, post nasal drip that lasted for months at a time. My medical doctor suggested probably an allergy but would not send me to a specialist. I then saw an episode of Dr.OZ "The Silent Killer: America's Fastest Growing Cancer" and many of the symptoms discussed where exactly what I had. I decided to take my health into my own hands and make appointment with allergist and ENT. Little did I know the ENT specialist turned out to be none other than Dr.Aviv who was actually on the Dr. Oz show. I was diagnosed with reflux and also with an allergy. Since I started with Dr. Aviv I have been cough free. Everyone notices that I no longer cough all day,every day. I am thrilled with my results and would recommend Dr. Aviv to everyone.

Submitted March 1, 2013 | flag

Dr. Aviv is THE person to see if you have any problems with your throat/larynx/voice/swallowing. He INVENTED the FEESST machine that evaluates how you swallow & films yr throat muscles, all while you're awake. His diagnosis is instant! I saw a # of drs before him who gave me many tests and couldn't determine what was wrong. [Be sure to bring previous test results from other doctors because Dr. Aviv may evaluate them differently.] Once Dr. Aviv makes the film, you can watch as he replays it at different speeds to detect any swallowing problems. He discovered that one of my vocal folds isn't as strong as the other. This causes food & liquid to pool in my throat & gives me the sensation that something is stuck in my throat. This weakness can occur simply from a bad cold, excess coughing, etc. There is one easy exercise that Dr. Aviv can prescribe to help you strengthen your vocal folds/cords. He also diagnoses whether you have acid reflux, post nasal drip & has you follow up w/other drs.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2012 | flag

I told my Pulmonologist, Dr Cappell, that I could not swallow a steak. She told me to see Dr. Aviv and get his “FEESST” test, which evaluates swallowing. I saw Dr. Aviv, had the test and the results were bad. My throat entrance and passage were swollen on both sides thereby restricting the amount of food I could swallow. Aviv prescribed Prilosec/Omeprazole twice a day, reading a book “Dropping Acid”, and a Barium swallow test which I had. The test revealed a stricture in my esophagus. Dr. Aviv contacted Dr. Lambroza and I had an immediate endoscopy. My esophagus was a disaster and the opening to my stomach had shrunk to 10-12 mm from the norm 15-20mm. Dr. Lambroza told me to change my eating habits, take the drugs and get another endoscopy in 6 weeks. I changed my eating habits, took Omeprazole and felt better eating. My second endoscopy’s result was considerably better and the opening to my stomach had returned to a normal range. Two months later – the problems have not reoccurred.

Submitted June 8, 2012 | flag

I was fortunate to find Dr Aviv and his assistant Kozeta. 2 throat procedures and serious acid reflux were treated with total professionalism and continous follow up care.Thank you Dr. Aviv and Kozeta for your interest,knowledge,and care about my concerns putting me at ease. Traits I find hard to find in docters today.

Submitted April 20, 2012 | flag

Staff pleasant & caring. Doctor Aviv is an active listener, effective communicator, accurate diagnostician, & problem solver. My doctors were concerned my hoarse voice & cough were not improving. Referred me to Dr Aviv for correct dx & treatment.

Submitted April 7, 2012 | flag

Dr. Jonathan Aviv is very Knowledgable and helpful in his practice. He takes his time with his patients. He is very proffesional and when talking to him you feel like you are talking with a friend. I feel most comfortable when I'm in his office. He comes up with solutions and plans to help better your condition. His assistant is also friendly and proffesional. I am giving Dr. Aviv a very good rating because he is one of the best dr's I've been to.

Submitted April 6, 2012 | flag