Dr. Parimal B. Patel

Foreign Lang: Hindi

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Parimal B. Patel has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Is this the Dr. Patel that was on staff at farmington,mo correctional center ?    Email me    Answer it

Psychiatrist-related: mental illness, depression, schizophrenia, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorders, depression medication, pharmacological treatment, prescription drugs
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

23/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.7
RID: 5672984
23/07/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Patel is the most compassionate and caring Dr. I am a new patient and had problems with another Dr. Dr. Patel took me as a patient because I didn't have a Dr and needed my meds. He saw fit to help me and see my need. He sits down and talks to you. He doesn't just being you in the office and in two minutes you are out. He actually cares about your well being. Dr. Patel is a great Dr and I couldn't have made a better choice to see him.
RID: 5636269
10/07/14 5 4 5 5 My experience with Dr. Patel was very positive. He is very knowledgeable and helped me cope with my problems more effectively. He also referred me to a great counselor.  Respond

24/11/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 3587021

25/10/13 2 1 1 2 I would not recommend this Doc. He doen not understand that patient's time is also very important. He hardly return my call. I am not happy with him.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Parimal" to "Parimal B."

04/10/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "BRIDGETON" to "St. Louis"
RID: 2597266

22/03/13 4 1 2 4 I used to think Dr. Patel was the best psychiatrist in the area. I used him for over a year then literally one day it was obvious he had a bad day and took it out on me. He told me that doing my Disability paperwork was tedious and he wouldn't fill out another one for me. He used air quotes when referring to an issue of concern I had which indicated he didn't believe me. He then apologized at the end but that didn't cut it. You don't treat psych patients that way. Not cool Doc. I wonder if he knows I could sue him for malpractice but never did because he was a good dr...or at least I thought he was.
RID: 2563248
18/02/13 5 5 5 5 Best Dr I've seen since seeing psychitrists very kind and listens to your needs
RID: 2519724
02/01/13 5 4 5 5 Dr Patel is very knowlegable/ cares about his patients. Totally disagree with above complaint. He is not lazy at all and is very professional in wht he do. I have friends and relatives that had him as a doctor in ESTL Kennth Hall and we hate he left our hospital. We really miss this wonderful Doctor. Highly Highly recommend.
RID: 2478548
19/11/12 4 2 5 5 Dr. patel is a great doctor. He listens to all my concerns and actually cares about my opion on my medications. He is excessivly late but I belive that is because he actually cares to listen to his patients.  Respond
RID: 2474062
14/11/12 5 3 5 5 Dr Patel talks to you like a person, not a paycheck. He listens to your concerns and acts appropriately. The only negativity is his incessant tardiness, but know that is due to the fact that he doesn't work out of just one office any day of the week! I would highly recommend him and his services.
RID: 2398838
11/08/12 5 5 5 5 Excellent psychiatrist. Listened to my concerns patiently. Did not focus only on medications. He also referred me to a good therapist.
RID: 1638259
18/11/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Patel is very knowledgeable and caring. He spends time time with his patients and doesn't just write a prescription and send you on your way.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1429810

01/05/11 1 1 1 2 Dr. Parimal B. Patel makes up his own rules. He has an exagerated sense of entitlement, bordering on unproffessional behavior (There is a possibility that he violated my Federal HIPAA rights. He works an agenda, does not listen or observe well, bases his diagnosis on "Family Histor" and not on an independent observation:(which although allowed by law, leaves room for gross error). I found this physician to be lazy in his practice of responcible treatment of the clients that are in his care. In my opinion he is arrogant, rude and he caused me great harm. My experience in speaking to others who have been under his care have confirmed my opinions and the physician should (in my estimation be disciplined by the psychiatric board) I would recommend stearing clear of this psychiatrist.  Respond
RID: 1396476
24/03/11 5 4 5 5 great psychiatrist! understands and very good teaching of illness. wants to see patient to get better
RID: 1190093
15/06/10 5 5 5 5 he was my doctor. he is a excellent ,caring, and very interested in each of his patients. i miss him because he moved his practice. i wish i had transportion to his new office s.c.
Insurance: Medicare