Rate Dr. R.L. Patrick Rhoten

Dr. R.L. Patrick Rhoten's Ratings

WHEN I STARTED OUT I WAS (60) yrs old. I HAVE HAD 4 or 5 SURGERIES DEPENDING ON HOW YOU COUNT. EVERY TIME I GOT CUT. IT WAS A SURGERY TO ME.
(ONE)I HAD BACK SURGERY IN 2000, I HAD SIX (6) SCREWS PUT IN MY BACK.
(TWO)2006 HE TOOK OUT THE (6) SCREWS OUT & PUT (8) SCREWS IN. ALSO CUT ON MY LEFT SIDE. "WHY"???
LATER ON HE TOLD ME, "MY BA CK WAS HEALED",. SHOWED ME MY THE NEW X-RAY, SAYING; "LOOK AT THE CURVE OF YOUR SPINE. I GOING TO "YANK THOSE SCREWS OUT".
(THREE) 2008HE DID, WHEN HE TOOK THE (8) SCREWS OUT. "I WENT DOWN AS IF I WAS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ON THE FLOOR". EACH TIME HE DID SURGERY HE WOULD SAY THIS IS GOING TO FIX YOU.
(FOUR) 2009 HE PUT IN 16 to 20 SCREWS & RODS IN, ALSO TOOK A RIB OUT . "WHY"???
HE TOLD ME"YOU WILL BE PLAYING TENNIS IS SIX(6) MONTHS. "THIS IS GOING TO FIX YOU".
I KEPT GOING BACK SAYING, "HOW LONG IS GOING TO TAKE? "OH, AT YOUR AGE IT WILL TAKE UP TO TWO (2) YEARS TO HEAL.
<2011>AFTER (4) SURGERIES, I AM WORST THEN I WAS EACH TIME HE OPERATED.
<2012>HE SUGGESTED "ANOTHER 18 hr SURGERY, TO TRY TO REPAIR WHAT IS WRONG".
ALSO I WOULD HAVE TO SIGN THAT I KNOW I MIGHT DIE. I THINK HE DID EXPERIENTIAL SURGERIES ON ME.
I WENT AND GOT (3) THREE OTHER DOCTORS IN THE SAME OFFICE TO TELL ME WHAT THEY THOUGHT.
(FIRST) SAID "WHO DID THIS TO YOU"??????????????????
(SECOND) "WHY DID HE DO SURGERY AFTER SURGERY, AND WHY DID HE TAKE A RIB OUT"?
(THIRD) SAID "YOU WILL NEVER STAND UP STRAIGHT, HE HAS YOU SCREWED OVER IN FORWARD POSITION OR ANGLE".
I TRIED TO COMPLAIN TO THE MEDICAL BOARD, "IF YOU HAVE NOT FILED A COMPLAINT AFTER TWO (2) YEARS, YOU CAN NOT".
<2014> I WAS ON A ELEVATOR GOING TO THE PAIN CENTER IN THE SAME BLDG WITH
'DR FRANKENSTEIN aka DR RHOTEN'. WHEN HE (FRANKENSTEIN) GOT ON THE SAME ELEVATOR WITH ME SAYING, "YOU ARE STANDING UP STRAIGHT". I SAID "STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!
"HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT, I HAVE ON A BACK BRACE TO HOLD ME UP FROM GOING DOWN TO THE FLOOR, WALKING WITH A CANE"!!!!! "ARE YOU BLIND OR CRAZY"?????????
THAT IS WHAT EXPERIENCE I HAD WITH "RHOTEN aka Dr FRANKENSTEIN"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2573767].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2014

Dr. Rhoten is the smartest Doctor I have ever met. He was my 3rd visit to a doctor trying to diagnose my spine/back issue - he nailed it through combination of x-rays and analysis. This guy is an amazing genius! I would strongly recommend him to all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786177].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

I just had double fusion and I agree with other patients. Rhoten is the best and his staff is not only inefficient but rude. It does make a difference in the experience. Too bad.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

After 3 previous lumbar surgeries, I was scared to death to attempt a 4th, yet my pain and decreasing ability to function left me no choice. 2 other drs misdiagnosed my condition. Dr. Rhoten was the only surgeon that understood my complications. My MRI was inconclusive, so he ordered different diagnostic tests. My ins co denied our request for Artificial Disk Replacements, Dr. Rhoten brainstormed a solution that my ins co accepted. I now have a 2 level fusion with a state of the art D.S.S on the 3rd level which greatly reduces the strain on the remaining lumbar discs. Dr. Rhoten chose this type of hardware specifically to reduce my chances of ever needing a 5th surgery. I went from not sleeping, unable to sit, and driving with stabbing pain to sitting as long as I need to, sleeping very well, walking 3 miles a day, and driving with ease. My results are amazing, ESPECIALLY after a 4th lumbar surgery. I HIGHLY and without hesitation recommend Dr. Patrick Rhoten. Elizabethinca@gmail.com

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786176].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2011

Well, I'm posting for the second time ... I posted a fabulous review back in May 2009 after my back surgery and still stand by that review but I had neck surgery in Dec 2010 and had the WORST experience with Dr Rhoten's new staff. I too believe that the staff is an extension of a Dr's reputation and I can tell you from first hand experience that it makes a world of difference when you are going through makor surgery. Dr. Rhoten is the BEST but his current staff is the WORST!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

This guy is the best!!!!His old staff that used to be there, is no longer present and I was able to get in quickly and have him see me and my MRI. He talked me out of surgery after another Cedars doc said surgery was absolutely needed!!! Great dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786174].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2011

I went for a consultation. The wait was too long. Doctor seems nice but very busy. The women up front were talking a lot amongst themselves and distracted. Not sure if I'll go back. He wants me to have an MRI. A good vibe is important to me and just feel eh about my experience but will keep an open mind. I'll do an update if I move forward with this physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786173].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2010

Dr rhoten made me be able to at leaSt stand and walk,after a serious injury.I had 4 surgeries so far possibly needing another.But basiclly I. Am extremly grateful to Dr rhothen and his staff for there compasion and treatment in my situation,they have always been kind and pleasent,,but I have also been Plesently persistant,and in return in got the same.The real crime has been the treatment and lack of respect from the workers comp carrier (SCIF) state compensation Insurance Fund.They need to be audited and there extrmly slow NON Compasionate Death Board claims adjusters are straightup EVIL ,But DR Rhoten is my hero .that's the gods honest truth ! T.T.S.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786172].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2009

Awesome Dr, was very thorough and actually talked me out of surgery!!! I did not have the same experience w/ his staff as others and would recommend him without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786171].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2009

This Dr. is the best around. His staff are great and got me right in. I had a very serious problem and they made me feel very comfortable!!! thanks Dr. R, you are the BEST!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786170].votes_count ]]