Rate Dr. S. Tim Yoon

Dr. S. Tim Yoon's Ratings

I had a cervical Laminoplasty to treat Cervical Spondylosis Myelopathy 3 months ago. It is my greatest fortunate to have Dr. Yoon to operate on me. He is a dedicated and talented surgeon. Immediate after the surgery, muscles tightness of my lower legs disappeared. Two months after the surgery, tingling and numbness of my both hands had gone. By reviewing his bio, I learnt that he is an outstanding physician and has won the ISSLS awards twice. He was very caring and knowledgeable. He patiently listened my concerns and answered all my questions. I was well informed on all the plus and minus of different treatment options. I deeply appreciate his time, efforts, and kindness. His nurse, Liz, is also very friendly and helpful. I have been recovering rapidly and am doing well now. I cannot thank him enough for helping me regain my normal life. THANKS AGAIN DR. YOON and YOUR MEDICAL TEAM!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501178].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

I have “Cervical Spondylosis Myelopathy,” and I had my surgery done on June 30th 2014. I had spinal fusion surgery on my C4-C7. I am 57 years old. Before my surgery, I was experiencing tingling and numbness in my feet, hands, and fingers. Before surgery I was so, afraid because my MRI showed that my spinal cord was badly twisted and barely showing by a thread. I didn’t think I would make it. Dr. Yoon is a wonderful and gifted doctor. Dr. Yoon listened to ALL my concerns, and he took his time and explained all options that were available to me. As, he sat and listened to ALL my concerns, I could tell that he really cared, and is a very warm and caring doctor. I want to thank Dr. Yoon a wonderful and GREAT doctor for giving me my life back. I also want to thank Liz and Donita for being so kind and patient with me, and for always responding so quickly to me needs. Oh, by the way I am doing GREAT, no tingling no numbness in my feet, hands, nor fingers. Thanks to Dr. Yoon a GREAT and WONDERFUL Doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2480976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

I had L5-S1 spinal fusion surgery in Sept of 2013. I came to Dr. Yoon for a 2nd opinion and I am so happy I did. I had a great experience not only with Dr. Yoon and his staff at his office but also at the Emory Spine hospital where I had my surgery. Top-notch people who truly care. I recommend Dr. Yoon highly and would send any family or friend to see him. He used a minimally invasive procedure and my recovery was very fast. I am healed and fused and couldn't be happier!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2424044].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

The staff was great! Very friendly, helpful, and punctual. Dr Yoon made me feel at ease,and he was very understanding I feel he is the best doctor for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2424043].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 3, 2014

Dr. Yoon performed a spinal fusion and spinal lamina removal on me 6 weeks ago today. I researched, debated and saw several surgeons prior to deciding that Dr. Yoon would perform this operation on me. I am 67 years old and my personal physician recommended him to me. I am extremely satisfied with the results. My personal physician told me that Dr. Yoon, unlike many other surgeons, would treat me like a 21 year old man. In a nutshell, this meant that he would not give me a "quickie" since my life expectancy is naturally less than a younger man. I am convinced that he took care of any and all issues and there will be no more "recalls" because he missed bone spurs, etc. that the MRI did not reveal. I am told that Dr. Yoon is the "go to Doctor" to repair mistakes made by other less qualified surgeons in the area. I do not find that hard to believe as his demeanor, manner and qualifications are 10+ on a scale of 10, with 10 being the highest. Needless to say, in my opinion he is the BEST.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786653].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Terrible office staff and only concerned about collecting your money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786652].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2013

He gave me back my life. Kind human being and immensely talented surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786651].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

I like Tim,Fused c 1 & c 2 about 7 years ago.I was referred by another orthopedist @ Piedmont per my request, at my age 73, and now experiencing numb mess in lower extremities will c him again this week.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2013

My wife had an emergency L5/S1 micro-discectomy with Dr. Yoon last week and is 100% pain free. Dr. Yoon just happened to be on call the evening her herniation pinched the nerve so bad that we really had no choice but surgery. She had received 3 epidurals in the past 12 months before the last one wore off and the pain became unbearable. Dr. Yoon advised us the evening before that if we could get thru the night he would perform surgery the next day to relieve her pain "if we liked him"... What's not to like after spending 45 minutes on the telephone at 10:30 pm on a Sunday night. Dr. Yoon was very comforting talking to her about the surgery before and afterwards. The day of surgery after being taken to her room Dr. Yoon visited and checked up on her again before he left that day. His staff continued following up with us before we left that very evening. This is my first time meeting and using Dr. Yoon but I am very pleased with him and his staff and would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786649].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2013

In 2010 Dr Yoon fused my C4-6. I got 100% relief from the pain in my left arm and was very satisfied with the care I received both from Emory Spine Hospital and the staff so when I developed nerve pain in my right leg from stenosis at L3-5 I had my GP refer me to Dr. Yoon again. I am currently 66 yrs old and had my surgery 11/15/12. I am coming up on seven weeks Post-op. At 5 weeks I had a post-op visit with Dr Yoon and my recovery is going as expected. There have been no complications and the pain is decreasing over time. I am scheduled for another post op visit in 5 weeks and should be released at that time. I expect to have PT for a few weeks to recondition my leg strength and improve coordination. If anyone has questions, I can be contacted at bfitzpatrick(at)gmail.com.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][786648].votes_count ]]