Rate Dr. Steven E. Phillips

Dr. Steven E. Phillips's Ratings

I was one of his first patience ! He is a brilliant man! And was the first doctor to look at my whole life medical history that Screamed Lyme! I sent him 100's of patience all were please and relieved someone understood this disease! Hey Doc! Miss your face! I am doing great! Carla CC xox

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2540234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2498544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Dr. Phillips is absolutely the most knowledgeable physician I have ever seen, plus he is such a kind and caring person. I've suffered from inflammatory arthritis for years, in chronic, intense, unrelenting pain, and had seen so many other doctors, including other Lyme doctors, without much help. Dr. Phillips was the only one to figure it all out and I will forever be grateful to him. His expertise is awesome, but his personality also makes the journey of getting well that much easier. He's approachable, always answers questions to best that they can be answered, and most importantly, he doesn't make up answers when none exist, which I really respect. I've had so many other doctors give me fabricated answers to questions that I've asked, which now in retrospect I realize were not answerable by current medical science. You don't get anything of that garbage with Dr. Phillips. He's 100% honest, which is a breath of fresh air. I just can't say enough wonderful things about him!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2485231].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

I saw Dr. Phillips for Lyme Disease and did not find him to be helpful. I felt that his responses were mostly guess work not backed my by much evidence. I understand that Lyme is not well understood, but for the amount that I was paying and I was hoping that "I don't know" would not be 90% of his answers. I am objective and was not looking for sympathy, just some practical solutions to real pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2066898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 27, 2014

I first saw Dr. Phillips when he spoke at University of New Haven about MS. I left there amazed. He connected all the dots and it all made sense. I waited for 5 months for an appointment, but it was worth it. He literally saved my life. When I was diagnosed with MS, I didn't cry. When my neurologist told me I'd probably be in a wheelchair in a few years, I didn't cry either. But when I heard that Dr. Phillips had become disabled and couldn't himself walk due to his back, I cried a lot. His work with MS and Lyme was right on target. My MRI lesions are now 90% better and my neurologic issues are virtually gone, thanks to him. And he was able to do it all with oral antibiotics that were fully covered by my insurance. I just heard that he's returning to practice and I couldn't be happier. I've never come across a more humble, self deprecating, wonderful physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2066897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

I am so upset to hear Dr. Phillips is no longer practicing. I initially started treatment for Lyme Disease with him back in 1999 and I can literally say that he saved my life!! I saw him many years after that but the last few years I feel great so I didn't need to continue in his care. I am now in need to see him again and so upset that he is no longer practicing. He is one of the most knowledgeable Lyme doctors out there and the CT Lyme community has certainly lost one of its greatest. I just hope he is OK. I will remember him always!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2066896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

I am basing this review on a doctor phillips who did not accept insurance and who had an office in Ridgefield, CT 10 or so years ago. I went to this unimpressive physician a number of years back, and did not find him to be helpful or knowledgeable. I thought him to be arrogant and not at all empathetic to my condition/concerns; he sarcastically chided me about my concerns with a minor reaction I had with the tetracycline he prescribed. I can go on and on, but I'll let you formulate an opinion if you choose to see him - And if you do, be sure to be submissive and bestow accolades upon him because he wants you to know that you are inferior to him. To me, he was nothin more than a tool to be used so that I could reach a destination. I was in no way rude to him. I came with questions and requests only to find out that he is insulted when you raise questions concerning his treatment protocol-He also told me that Lyme disease is the cause of everyone's MS. Good luck with this one LOL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2066895].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2012

Dr. Phillips is not only the best doctor, but he is a really great guy with a heart of gold. This man is just amazing and he has helped so many people get better. I will never forget what he did for me and if there had to be anything good about having Lyme, I guess it would be him. I'm SO missing my doctor! Please get well quick Dr. Phillips!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2066894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2011

We send our prayers to Dr. Phillips for his recovery! He is a brillant diagnostician, returned my son to one of the living after unsuccessful treatments in R.I. He is one of the best, most caring, and intelligent doctors I have ever met! Not only did he provide expert care, but he gave us hope during a very difficult time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2066893].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2011

Several years ago - my son, after going thru multiple physicians in RI and no help - found his way to Dr. Phillips. Dr. Phillips saved his life - my son WAS terribly sick. He cares about people. I have just learned due to illness he is no longer practicing. Prayers to him and his family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2066892].votes_count ]]