Rate Dr. Lisa Merovitz

Dr. Lisa Merovitz's Ratings

I would have liked to know this doctor as I know now at the first appointment, so I could have change her. She's so impersonal and sometimes actually rude, doesn't seem to give a damn about me, doesn't know my file, doesn't even actually listen to my baby, she fakes it,put the thing on my belly for 5 seconds, I don't hear anything, she pretends to listen.I was just for an appointment at another doctor and was amazed by the humanity of that doctor. I am so disappointed with my choice, I am thinking to request that she wouldn't come at delivery, she makes me angry and unhappy.

Submitted June 5, 2013 | flag

She's the best I have had in my 54yrs. Professional, to the point and extremely knowledgable. Excellent in surgery and trustworthy. She has impressed me

Submitted Aug. 3, 2012 | flag

I am in my 50's and overweight and have not been treated well by other gyno's in the past and all though Dr Merovitz came across as cold/distant in our meeting...not even a crack of a smile, she was extremely informative and I left feeling well taken care of. I do not mind the directness of her character, I still felt that I got the best care and service and I Highly recommend her

Submitted May 16, 2012 | flag

Dr.Merovitz was nice as a person,I meet here once, but looks like a nice doctor she told me to call here and tell the secretary that I needed to speak to here and that she was aware,but the secretary was really rude and would not let me speak to here,even after I explained the situation, she would not even make me an earlier appointment.she got upset answered rudely even to the point that she told me‘’would you like me to invent a date for you‘’So I told myself maybe she is having a bad day,I tried another day and it was even worst,she told me for every new pregnancy i need a new referral and then she told me‘’don’t you understand the procedure,what else do u want’’since I felt like I cannot even talk to my doctor as she requested. I went to look for another doctor but it’s a shame because I would have loved to have here as my doctor. But felt like the one person that can help me get to speak to my doctor was so rude and vulgar that I felt no choice but to look else were. its a shame

Submitted Jan. 30, 2012 | flag

I had Dr. Merovitz as my OB when delivering my baby at Sunnybrook Hospital here in Toronto. I have to say, she was great. I feel like I received the best care possible. In fact, I am pregnant again and just found out, she is not in Toronto. Quite dissapointing as I now have to built a report with a new Dr. that doesn't seem to have received the best reviews. Hopefully, I will luck out again. I would highly recommend Dr. Merovitz to anyone who is expecting. She is wonderful.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2011 | flag

I had a great experience w Dr Merovitz in Montreal. She is matter of fact but takes the time to answer any questions or concerns. She was also almost always on time.

Submitted Oct. 5, 2011 | flag

I had the best experience with Dr.Merovitz. She was caring, human, and really efficient. She called at home for a follow-up that was most appreciated. I would highly recommend this doctor. The truth be known that I usually do not have too many good experiences in the medical world, quite the opposite.

Submitted Sept. 13, 2011 | flag

I had a bad experience with Dr.Merovitz. She was irrisponsible and not helpful. I did my first prenatal tests as early as 9 weeks of my pregnancy and after 3 months she told me I have an infection and need to start antibiotics. She is new in Quebec and seems to be not sure of the system and how to get hold of the results and look at them.

Submitted Jan. 31, 2011 | flag

Firstly, Dr.Merovitz is no longer in Ontario but currently practising in Montreal at the St. Marys Hospital. (Hence her name wouldn't come up if someone searches under QC or Montreal). She is overall a good doctor, she might not come across initially as a warm person, but with more meetings, one gets to understand how she handles everything, very responsibly. Answers to any questions asked were very informative and straight to the point. Definitely a doctor I would recommend!

Submitted April 14, 2010 | flag

At first I thought Dr. Merovtiz was cold and didn't not have a great bed side matter, but over time I came to realize that when there was a need for hand holding and encouragement, she was there to provide it. In this field of medicine many doctors see hundreds of women and just don't have the time to be as one on one as we might like, but when push came to shove (so to speak) Dr. Merovitz was amazing. She visited me during delivery (even though she was not on call) and she visited me in the hospital after. My care was first rate and professional. As a first time parent I may have wanted a bit more of the warm and fuzzy feeling, but instead I got someone who always took my care seriously and was honest, caring and overall a great doctor.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2009 | flag