Rate Dr. Barbara S Levy

Dr. Barbara S Levy's Ratings

She was not knowledgeable about how to treat uterine fibroids. Did not want to discuss, nor did she offer to address alternatives to major surgery (even though plenty of safe, ADA approved treatments exist.) Only gave a one-time discount for paying by cash once then overcharged for services. Going to her was a waste of time and money.

Submitted May 24, 2014 | flag

Dr Levy does not listen to you. She is a joke. Her office refused to do an ultrasound on my uterus after severe bleeding and pain. I was first told I had clamydia and when that came back negative I was told I was just getting old and fat. When I insisted on an ultrasound it was determined I had a huge fibroid and several other fibroids in my uterus. I ended up having a total hysterectomy. She discounts your pain and tries to lead you to believe you were abused at some point in your life. She tells you need counseling and anti depressants. A simple blood test would have told her I had anemia and a severe B12 deficiency. Ask a Seattle doctor what they think of her. No surprise on the answer. I am now having another surgery to repair damage she caused. Save your health and see a doctor who cares for your long time health.

Submitted Feb. 11, 2013 | flag

I went in last week for what I thought was the start of a bladder infection. Dr. Levy unilaterly decided that I was to old to be on the pill. When I went into the office the nurse almost him me in the face with the reception door and then wanted to take a bp reading after grilling me 155/100. My bp is always high when I go into this office and goes right back down when I leave. Dr. Levy demanded I call her with a bp reading the next day,which I did. They were all in the normal range.Dr. Levy and her nurse Kay are condescending beyond my wildest comprehension. Dr. Levy has pulled my pill perscription and is pushing for an IUD (can we smell kickback). I do not want this and told them very clearly that the patient also has a say in what happens to their body. You can take the pill until you are 50 and I am just turning 47. Please reconsider seeing Dr. Levy she is unsympathetic and full of herself. Same goes for her nurse Kay. Like another poster I have been going there since my 20's

Submitted Sept. 6, 2011 | flag

After receiving a laparoscopy from another local doctor and continuing to suffer from crippling pelvic pain every menustral period, I finally switched doctors and found Dr. Levy. Her policy is to have the nurse exam you first, and then it is decided if you will get to see Dr. Levy personally. Dr. Levy seemed sympathetic to my pain at first, but after 8 months of seeing her, she never prescribed anything stronger than Aleve - all this, when I was having blackouts from the pain and being unable to move for 3-4 days per month. She basically began to infer that the pain was all in my head and due to sexual abuse many many years ago - even when I told her that the pain began when I was 22 years old! She suggested mental therapy and dismissed my pain complaints. I went to another gyno and not only did he quickly diagnose that I had a raging vaginal bacterial infection (Dr. Levy had refused to test me for it), but the new doc found 2 teratomas on my right ovary which was cauing my pain!!

Submitted Aug. 10, 2011 | flag

Her nurse practitioner was unable to complete a procedure on me in the office recently - I was rescheduled with Dr Levy who quickly got me in, and easily completed procedure (endometrial biopsy) and gave me hope my dilemma could be treated - I wish I could stay with Dr Levy - That is my hope in the future

Submitted July 22, 2009 | flag

excellent surgeon. some of her information contradicts my research. thorough exam and interview

Submitted Nov. 7, 2008 | flag

Dr. Levy delivered my son on 1/4/1984 after she did an Amniocentesis. She ripped my placenta on the babies side and he bled from it. By the time she delivered my son he had lost 80% of his blood. He is severely disabled with Cerebral Palsy. She was completely at fault and my son was awarded a malpractice settlement. When she ripped the placenta she then went home for dinner telling me everything was just fine. But it wasn't fine, my son went into cardiac arrest for over 20 minutes and had to be airlifted to Childrens Hospital. The loss of blood caused him to have seizures and we were told he wasn't going to make it. He did make it, he can not walk, talk, or take care of himself. Please do not allow this doctor to deliver your child!!

Submitted Nov. 7, 2008 | flag

Dr. Levy will not see you at the first appointment, instead she schedules you with her nurse, and you can only see her if the nurse thinks it is necessary. It seems she does not have the time to see patients. I unfortunately went to her over the course of many years, but finally came to my senses and found another doctor. She ridiculed my list of symptoms and thought I might consider a hysterectomy in a rather flippant way.... like it was no big deal and 'might' help me with my pain and menopause symptoms. I think this surgery should be a logic based decision rather than a flip, 'let's try it'. After reading the other ladies results with her surgery I am glad I did not try it.... My new doctor does not think it is necessary. I do not know why I stayed with such an unsympathetic doctor for so long?? I guess I bought into the hype of her office decor, which professes empathy for 'women'. I do not think that is true. I would recommend avoiding her.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2008 | flag

Several weeks after a vaginal hysterectomy, suture threads started hanging down through the vagina, then urine started pouring out through the hole in the vagina from a hole in the bladder. When contacted, Dr. Levy's offic staff insisted nothing was wrong. By the time another OB/GYN physician (in another office) made the diagnosis of holes not only in the vagina but the bladder as well, the kidney's were infected. Surgery by a urologist was needed. During surgery it took six IV liters (bags) of fluid to get the kidney's to start producing urine. By that time I had 3rd space much of this fluid (the IV fluid overload to the circulation was dumped into the body leaving me with edema all over. It took several days for the kidney's to removed this excess fluid.) In recovery, an nurse told me tearfully she had never seen anything like me nor did she know how to take care of me. I left the hospital with five tubes attached. Each kidney had a tube threaded to it through the ureters

Submitted May 31, 2008 | flag

Approximately 10 days after a vaginal hysterectomy in 2003, I felt loose suture lines 'falling' into the vaginal vault followed by a steady flow of urine. When I contacted Barbara Levy's office, I was informed that it was not urine. Days later and countless phone calls later I was finally able to get an appointment with a urologist who did surgery to repair the hole in the bladder and the hole in the vaginal vault by making an incision through my lower abdomen. By this time my kidneys were at risk and of course, I had a kidney infection. I left the hospital with 5 tubes and 5 bags attached. Each kidney had a tube draining it, another tube was draining the bladder from the urethra, one came out of the lower abdomen from the bladder (suprapubic) and one tube was in the abdominal suture line. It took 6 liters of IV fluid during surgery to get my kidneys functioning again. As paramedic with a fire department, I was off work for almost 3 months. I live in constant pain.

Submitted May 27, 2008 | flag