Rate Dr. Augusto Portillo

Dr. Augusto Portillo's Ratings

Dr Portillo was a wonderful Dr. and took great care of me before,during and after my procedure. I would recommend any friend or family to his practice.

Submitted March 4, 2009 | flag

I've known (as both patient and student) many of the so-called top plastics guys in the world, and Dr. Portillo beats them all hands-down. He combines the science and art of plastic surgery and medicine in a powerful, dynamic way. He is well-rounded on all aspects of medicine and is able to see the patient as a 'whole'. He is kind, gentle, warm, and patient. In the OR, he is at the patient's side, even before surgery while things are being ordered to begin. Moreover, he is on-call for his patients 24/7. He knows his science, too, but I won't go into that much, except to say he was one of the first to advocate immediate cleft lip/palate repair at one to two days post delivery. He is one of very few in the world doing work on Freeman-Sheldon syndrome, as well. He also does major extremity reconstruction, including replantations. He had 2 years in the USN as a plastic surgeon during wartime, which has served him well in civilian practice.

Submitted May 22, 2008 | flag