Rate Dr. Samuel Shatkin

Dr. Samuel Shatkin's Ratings

I am almost 4 weeks since I had my lower facelift and as I have not had any other plastic surgery, have nothing to compare against so my comments are simply based on what I have read online from other experiences. I chose Dr Shatkin because he did a similar procedure on someone I know and after meeting with him felt comfortable based on his many years of experience and as he has done this specific procedure hundreds of times ( approx once per week since starting his career). I had met with a doctor in Toronto that had very good reviews and he had only done approx 15 - 20 facelifts. As well, Dr Shatkin performs this procedure using twilight anaesthesia which was also appealing to me as it carries less risk. Dr Shatkin provided me with a lengthy list of instructions of which I followed to the letter. Some of my stitches and staples were removed after 5 days and the rest after 10 days. My incisions are barely visible at this point and I am starting to feel better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067511].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2013

The staff is helpful and pleasant! They always answer any questions I may have in a profession manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2013

They provided excellent care. It is a clean updated office. The staff is well educated and helpful. It is clear their goal is patient satisfaction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067509].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2012

Wonderful Doctor, I would not go to anyone else. Kind, considerate, and compassionate. Excellent!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2011

dr. Sam Shatkin is very friendly and tries very hard to please his patients. I admire a plastic surgeon who will not do a surgety unless it is right and the outcome will be favorable.I also admire a doctor who is continuing his education as he is. I recommend Dr. Shatkin without reservation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067507].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2011

I am a 40 yr old female who had prodtruding ears. Throughout my childhood, and sadly, my adult years, have been teased and such by all ages. I have very thick hair which has hid them for me wonderfully over the years. I never wore my hair up or pierced my ears so as not to attract attention to them. I always said if I could get them "fixed" that I would. The opportunity finally came, happily enough, around my 40th birthday. I was made to feel so "normal" with Dr. Shatkins and his staff. I couldn't believe my dream was coming true and when he took the bandages off, I cried at how beautiful my ugly ears had become! I cannot stop looking at them and doing things with my hair I never felt comfortable doing! I would recommend Dr. Shatkin to anyone who wants plastic surgery! I saw my happiness in HIS eyes today and I can't thank him enough for making my dreams come true! I am very pleased with the results of my long-awaited surgery! Thank You Dr. Shatkin!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I am a Registered Nurse and Health and Fitness Expert who people look to for recommendations, and my own credibility is at stake so I am careful who I recommend. Not only do I recommend Dr. Sam Shatkin to my family and friends as he has done excellent work time and time again - but I have also gone to him myself. Dr. Shatkin is a top notch surgeon who truly cares about his patients and their overall health. He will not just suggest a surgery to make the almighty dollar - he makes certain his patients are healthy enough to have surgery first and that they are not overweight and at risk for surgery (unlike many other Doctors). I have seen the result of many of his surgery's in many of my clients and people in the gym and community - and there is no other Doctor I would trust more than him, as I have seen his talented work. You will be in excellent hands with Dr. Shatkin, you can trust me on that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2011

I went to have a consultation for the procedure liposuction done and was told i needed to lose at least 20 lbs before he would even attempt the surgery, and even then it would have to be a tummy tuck because lipo wouldn't work for me. I am 172 lbs and 5'3 and didn't feel i was that overweight.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067504].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2010

Dr. Shatkin performed my surgery. He gave me his cell phone number and said to call w/any questions at any time. He saw me on a Sunday when office is close. I'm very pleased with the surgery and his personality as a physician and individual. Office staff very friendly and educated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067492].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2010

I really liked Dr Shatkin Jr. he was friendly , caring, and compassionate; he walked to me to the car and buckled me in after my breast augmentation. I'm very satisfied with the results and would go back to him if I wanted any further surgery. I also got 500 $ off my surgery because I was referred my a previous patient and because me and my sister came in together and both got surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2067503].votes_count ]]