Dr. Jane W. SHIU

Grad. Year: 1997

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Jane W. SHIU has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dermatologist-related: skin disease, warts, acne, rash, dermatitis, skin tumors, moles, skin cancer, psoriasis
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

04/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.1
RID: 3598248
07/11/13 5 4 5 5 There is a reason it takes so long to get an appointment with Dr . Shiu, she is GOOD! I am always treated so well by her office staff. Dr Shiu is thorough and never rushes my appointment. I highly recommend her to all who are wanting a great Dermatologist.
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jane" to "Jane W."
RID: 2895286

04/10/13 1 1 1 1 My first encounter with Dr. Shiu's office was completely negative. My insurance was refused. This resulted in my paying the doctor and my insurance paying the doctor and me waiting 90 days to get reimbursed due to the double billing by the doctor. I was told, if you don't like it, see someone else. Imagine that kind of an attitude. I have seen over a dozen other doctors over the past several years and not one of them refused to accept my Medicare Supplement. I think that Dr. Shiu's practice of double billing is unacceptable and an abuse of seniors on Medicare
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2695832
27/06/13 3 1 4 5 Great Dr. Our whole family goes to see Dr. shiu!She is kind and patient even when my kids were teenagers.You do have to wait quite awhile but she is worth it!Her staff is just o.k  Respond
RID: 916487
18/06/09 2 1 1 3 Three month wait for appointment, 45 minute wait at office. She didn't listen very well, and only spent 5 minutes wiht me. I believe the diagnosis was incorrect and the treatment was ineffective
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 885593
12/05/09 5 4 5 5 She is absolutley the best dermatologist either my husband or I have ever used. Highly recommend.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 604426
28/05/08 5 5 5 5 She is gentle and cares. Listens to what I have to say. Is very professional. Her staff is great!!! Not comfortable putting my name on this but I had an appointment today at 2:30 pm to have pre cancer spots on my face frozen.  Respond