Rate Dr. Morris L. Scherlis

Dr. Morris L. Scherlis's Ratings

I am a middle aged woman who has lived in multiple states over the past 15 yrs. I have severe back issues. I found this clinic to be not only un empathetic, but I felt treated as cattle in that I was on a program adopted by my former doctor, after trying several other treatment plans. It did not matter what my "other doctor" or other doctors thought, or even what was wrong with me. They have already decided for you. I was only given a certain amount of medications and told that "only cancer patients get that medicine". I am not a junky, I have severe pain and MRI's to prove it. I do not recommend this clinic or Dr. Scherlis as on top of feeling like cattle, I was never allowed to even meet Dr. Scherlis until my injection. This clinic does push injections and yes I have my appt. But if the injection doesn't work, then what? In addition I had to wait almost 2 hours for part of my first refill and then be told I would never meet the doctor? It seems that all patients are treated pretty much the same. This clinic has absolutely NO empathy, does not follow through, and makes you feel like a junky, even tho you need your pain meds. I feel very sorry for all the other folks in pain that can't even properly communicate with a "specialized pain doctor" but instead see a Nurse Practiconer, with a cold heart, and has no idea what is wrong yet says, "we can't give you that', that is reserved for cancer patients". WHAT kind of care is this? What is this world coming to? The real true people in pain are NOT getting what they need and those who abuse get it all and probably on the streets of ALABAMA. Real truth be told? The Doctors at this clinic and in the whole state of ALABAMA are afraid of the state laws. They are more concerned about themselves than the people they treat and those who really need these pain medications. Each person should be cared for on a true "case by case" basis. I was meant to feel like a piece of cattle. Look elsewhere for empathetic and true help! Greedy Factory? You betcha!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516676].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Referred to this doc for severe pain in my neck, left arm and low back that was making it difficult for me to live my life. Never actually got to MEET the doc before he started sticking needles into my spine (procedures). Instead, got to talk with a Nurse Practitioner who went over my history and symptoms, while never TOUCHING me (although their website states that you will have a complete PHYSICAL before you are treated...). First appointment was early April, but the first date they could give me for my "procedure" was late JUNE! This practice, especially this doc, obviously has WAY too many patients, and is still accepting NEW ones! At the first procedure, I was told that he would be doing three injections, two weeks apart; the shots ended up being MONTHS apart due to the difficulty of scheduling me into the HUGE mass of patients that he sees. When I had questions it usually took two to three calls to get answers because nurses did not return my calls. This place is a GREEDY FACTORY!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2424402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2014

Dr. Morris L. Scherlis is only seen during procedures but I don't mind. I am a very nervous Nelly when being put under but he has always been extremely kind, polite, gentle, and is very caring about his patients. His NP Greg and other staff has always treated me with respect and have never made me feel bad about anything. I highly recommend this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2424401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Dr. Scherlis has saved my life. No, he will not give narcotics to everybody, and he is very careful with drugs, but he changes the pain where it starts. He is great with procedures, always professional and pleasant. His staff is wonderful and caring. My father and sister both see him, and will not get back surgerys because of his treatments.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2424400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Thanks to Dr. Scherlis I am able to function and enjoy my life with minimal pain. I cannot imagine how miserable I would be without Dr Scherlis. He is a very caring and compassionate dr, and because of him my quality of life is much improved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][791763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 5, 2014

I have been seeing this dr. for several years. I see him when I am getting a procedure (this is his specialty). I always see his wonderful nurse practitioner,Greg, when I am there for a clinical appointment (this is his job)... They give you ALL of this information at your FIRST appointment...This is not an office to pass out unnecessary pain meds like another dr. in Huntsville did (as he has been shut down). I understand pain because I have lived with it for many years..You can't take alot of pain meds now and have room to increase it later without running into dangerous polypharmacy......I would recommend this dr. for everyone...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][791762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

I was sent to see Dr. Scherlis after my previous Dr. could no longer help me. First off I never saw the Dr. at any time until I was laying on the table waiting on my so called procedure. The NP was rude and not helpful of compassionate at all. I was told we will review your meds after your next shot. So I did and guess what nothing changed I finally had enough of their crap and left. I will never return not even to try another DR. there. I was treated like I was a junkie looking for a fix instead of someone who had been getting treatment and nothing helped. Do not waste your time. My dog has more compassion than those people do. The only nice ones were the ones scheduling and doing paperwork up front.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][791761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013

Never have even seen this Doctor himself. My parents took in a handicapped young man and Dr's Scherlis nurse practioner (I assume) was very rude to this young man. I would NEVER recommend this Dr. The young man that lives with us has MAJOR pain and this Dr. and his helper appears to not even care. WILL NOT BE RETURNING IF GOD'S WILLING. Very unprofessional in our opinion and we see the pain that this young man is in daily and the Dr. refuses to give him medicine that we KNOW will help him because the hospital has before on numerous occasions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][791760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2012

wonderful doc. helped me tremendously with my neck and nerve pain

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][791759].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2012

I was diagnosed with Fibro, Sys. Lupus, & PHN 12 yrs ago. I went in for trigger points & rx refills, but I was told by the PA (can't ever see the dr except @ procedure) that I'm classified as a "drug seeker" (even though I had my rx history with me) until my full medical records arrived, since she didn't know my dx & history, BUT she scheduled me for 3 cervical nerve injection procedures, 2 weeks apart. She cut my medication by 2/3 & when I asked her what I should do when (not if) my body started shutting down due to extended, therefore increasing, consistent pain she informed me that there'ss nothing she will (not can) do. I asked if it would address my moderate-severe shoulder pain, mid & low back pain, and bi-lateral knee pain, she said maybe, but that my neck needed to be addressed 1st; my neck pain is intermittent & does not affect my mobility, sleep, &ability to care for my children. I have left 4 messages last wk alone, no return call. No compassion & greedy ($2k q 2wk vs $150.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][791758].votes_count ]]