Rate Dr. Petrit Ndrio

Dr. Petrit Ndrio's Ratings

I met Dr. Ndrio as an inpatient at Mercy Hospital. I have no mental health history, but became very ill with a GI disease post-partum. With a sudden diagnosis, post-partum hormones, high prednisone doses, lots of GI meds, and a diet of formula - I fell into a deep depression. My family admitted me knowing I needed help. I was unable to function and care for myself, husband, and two babies. It was truly the most scary time of my life. I knew something was wrong and didn't know how to fix it on my own, and it wasn't something I could "snap out of."

Dr. Ndrio was extremely kind and understanding. I remember how intrigued he was with my GI issues, my two babies, and my medical history - he even reached out to my cardiologist to ensure meds wouldn't conflict with my pacemaker, which I found reassuring (most psychiatrists wouldn't do this). Once released from the hospital, I continued to see Dr. Ndrio and he recommended also seeing one of his therapists, Darlene Stevens.

During my 3 years seeing Dr. Ndrio, I've had a complete 180 turnaround. Dr. Ndrio and Darlene Stevens have been the BEST thing for me to get through my depression, get my health back, and start taking control of my life. Darlene and Dr. Ndrio work great together, and if something comes up in therapy, Darlene recommends seeing the doctor. Darlene has taught me great ways to think and manage illness, as well as helped me through the loss of my 30 year old brother to cancer.

Like most doctors, Dr. Ndrio does tend to run behind (so don't schedule appointments too tight). But I'm ok with that. I've been in crisis mode when a med isn't working and he fits me in. (I remember seeing the sadness in his eyes when he could see I was really in bad shape). He has taken additional time for me when I have needed it; discussed options and pros/cons of medications. He's helped me ramp up on meds and taper off meds. He's stayed late, filled out countless disability forms, and met with my husband to help me through some very difficult times. When I see others in the waiting room, I have a better idea of what people are dealing with and am more than willing to wait for the doctor to give everyone the time they need.

I'm amazed with the doctor's patience with me, especially in trying medications. My body reacts strangely to things. Finding a "fix" takes time, and the meds take a while to kick in. Please be patient and give meds a good 6 weeks to work (unless they cause harmful results). That's the hardest thing when you're dealing with depression and anxiety - I know. Having Darlene to work with during med changes was helpful, and she could sense changes and coach me through the rough spots.

I speak more openly about my depression and anxiety, and encourage others to go see Dr. Ndrio and Darlene. They have done great work with me, and I can truly see the difference my time with them has made. I continue to do regular check-ins, and count both of them as my best healthcare professionals!

I highly recommend!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

Absolutely an excellent doctor. He works with two of my children in regards to anxiety and depression. He also worked with an adult member of our family and was equally wonderful. Very patient and kind even when calls come after office hours. Always polite , a great listener, and has a great office that will keep your children entertained (big fish tank w Nemo and Dorie, hot chocolate machine and Legos and dry erase board for playtime). Really loves what he does and it shows.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2424417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

he is the best albanian doctor ever. I like him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][792003].votes_count ]]