Dr. Kenneth K. Ellis

Grad. Year: 1989

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.9 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Kenneth K. Ellis has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

08/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.7
RID: 5212369
26/02/14 4 4 2 3 So I'm not sure if this would be Dr. Ellis' fault but since it's his name on the door, I'll place the blame there. Five years ago, I went to Dr Ellis for a colonoscopy. The follow up was non-existent. I mean that they DID NOT FOLLOW UP. Only recently did I learn from Dr Ellis that everything was okay.So that brings me to my recent procedure, an upper endo. After the procedure, I was told that I had Barrett's Esophagus. That was it. No explanation about treatments (RFA), no indication of the severity and NO FOLLOW UP!!! Won't be going back there!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $300
RID: 2396906
09/08/12 2 5 5 5 Dr. Ellis is knowledgable and personable. He has been my doctor for years, and I would not switch. However, the staff is less than average. It takes forever to get through by phone to make an appointment, sometimes a couple of days. When you call with a billing question, the phone is never answered, and no one bothers to call back. The same with trying to get your prescription. It takes days to get someone to speak with you. Also, you have to pay everything up front and hope you get reimbursed. Again, it is difficult to deal with the billing department. Again, Dr. Ellis is great, but the office staff is below par.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1735874
12/03/12 4 4 3 5 Dr. Ellis performed a routine screening colonoscopy. The first appointment was to discuss the procedure. That went fine. He was personable and answered all my questions without being in a hurry. On surgery day everything went on schedule. My only complaint is that he did not personally speak to me after the surgery. He spoke to the person who brought me before I came to who relayed the information. I would rather of had first hand information and an opportunity to discuss the results with the doctor. My other only other issue is price. This is a 15 minute procedure making the cost excessive in my opinion.
Paid (or co-pay): $1300
RID: 1411765
10/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Ellis has an excellent outlook on how his patients are cared for. He is full of knowledge, sincere about his work, funny and makes you feel completely comfortable. I could not have found a better gastro doctor.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1392206
20/03/11 2 1 1 1 Last doctor I would see if you are looking for a liver specialist.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $1800
RID: 1151076
16/04/10 5 5 5 5 The best GI doctor I've ever had. He knows his stuff and works hard to get you answers/proper treatment. He's very funny and kind too. So blessed to have him as my doc.  Respond
RID: 813451
05/03/09 5 5 4 5 He seems like a very sharp guy. Reasonably enjoyable and funny as well.
Insurance: Unicare
RID: 557950
04/04/08 4 4 5 5 Dr Ellis has been my gastro doctor for 8 years. He began treating me when I was pregnant and my OB sent me to him because I was having SEVERE hyperemesis. He is compassionate and knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. His bedside manner puts you at ease right away. His treatments and diagnosis' have always been exactly right.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 28656
21/04/06 4 5 5 Dr Ellis has been my GI doctor for several years. I find him wonderfully compassionate, knowledgeable and kind. He has a great sense of humor and puts me at ease. He was so empathetic when my husband was deployed to Iraq.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 15045
14/11/05 2 2 2 Went to see this dr for abdominal pain. He did not even examine me, he said no doubt it is IBS and handed me a prescription then left. After going to another dr, found out it was endometriosis.  Respond