You may also like

Rate Dr. Paul M. Friedman

Dr. Paul M. Friedman's Ratings

I started Botox treatments with Dr. Friedman several years ago for TMJ. The treatments have been life changing for me. Prior to Botox treatments I was unable to eat hard or chewy foods, my jaw would pop out of place, and I would also get terrible headaches from all the tension I carried from clinching my teeth. The first treatment I noticed a little bit of relief immediately, but truly had relief about 4 days after the procedure. My experience in his office was pleasant, from the start to finish. Since Botox only last 3-4 months, Dr. Friedman has created a life long patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2844171].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 21, 2015

Dr. Friedman cares more about selling products and procedures than he does about delivering results. After being told I was the perfect candidate for laser surgery I purchased a package.

From day one, the entire process was a disaster. The nurses/assistants he has in clinic are untrained. During every procedure the numbing cream was either not applied properly, so I actually would feel the laser on certain parts of my face, or the incorrect strength of numbing cream was used. The wait time was another issue, on each visit my average time in the office was 4 hours. The actual procedure didn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes. The little interaction with Dr. Friedman was the same each time. He would say, "Wow, your skin looks great" and then follow-up with "has anyone mentioned how good your skin looks" and finally “how are you doing on products”. By the last visit, his disingenuous was repulsing. During my visits, I did try to express my concerns with the lack of result I was seeing, however, he would brush it off. His canned response was always the same. He told me wait to until all the sessions are finished and for a few months after as results will continue to improve up to 6 months.

Once again, on my last visit, I mentioned that I still had some brown spots and wanted to confirm they would disappear. He said that if I didn’t see an improvement in the brown spots to come back and he would use another type of laser to remove them. As I was leaving, the nurse came over and gave me a price sheet for the cost if I opted to come back and have the brown spots removed. I couldn’t believe it! Are you kidding me? I just spent $7,000 to get rid of brown spots and now I am being told to come back and for several hundred dollars more he will get me all fixed up.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2837778].votes_count ]]

Submitted June 15, 2015

I came there the day before my 23rd birthday and told him I was dealing with acne and scarring for over ten years. First off his punctuality was terrible and made me wait forever. The staff just seem more like robots and showed very little concern about my condition. So the doctor finally comes in and I thought I would have a very compassionate doctor who understands what I've been dealing with. He seem very uninterested and shoes no concern about what I have been dealing with. The one thing that really made me extremely frustrated was that he bombarded me with all sorts of things I needed to do or suggest that I do and I felt overwhelm... I had many questions but he couldn't give me a straight answer for any of them. He just kept giving me the go around and suggesting things that would cost me thousands of dollars at the end of the year. But again, his lack of concern and the way he bombarded me with having to do this and that made me feel like I literally wasted my time and money for a consultation that I could have gotten somewhere else.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2821705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2512051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

Dr Friedman is the last in a long line of dermatologists I've visited to help me with my skin condition. As what I have is both abnormal, and in a private area, there have been many, many doctors who have been both ill-informed, and unapologetically rude about my condition. While the last few doctors I have seen have had fine bedside manner, they have not been able to successfully treat my condition. Until Dr Friedman. While I am just cautiously optimistic on my current treatment, since I've had mini successes in the past, I am confident that I have finally found my dermatologist. Dr Friedman actually seems interested in figuring out my condition, and I know that if this current treatment stops working, he has another plan that he will execute. I believe he actually cares about helping his patients. I highly recommend him!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][793894].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2014

Dr. Friedman and his staff met and exceeded expectations. The service was great. And, positive results were delivered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][793893].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2013

I came to see Dr. Friedman for a vein that was under my eye. It had bothered me my whole life and I was always being asked if I had a black eye. He used a laser and like magic it's gone! Didn't leave a scar or anything. Very nice, patient, highly skilled. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][793892].votes_count ]]

Submitted July 23, 2013

I had smooth beam and fraxel laser done after he recommended having my hormone levels checked (and fixed) by a different Dr. My face has not been clearer and my skin feels so great! I can even go without make-up now!! A total of 5 treatments. He is knowledgeable and caring.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][793891].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

I had a keloid scar on my lower right jaw that was huge when I went to see Dr. Friedman a little over a year ago. It is now almost flat. He has done an excellent job and is very thorough and meticulous at what he does. He also has a very accommodating and kind staff. Personally, I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][793890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2012

I came in for a Fraxel consultation over a year ago and have been coming back since. The staff here is so kind and very helpful. Everyone always has a smile on their face. Dr. Friedman is also great! He is very knowledgeable and instead of pushing options at me, he wanted to make sure I do what's best for my skin and seems invested. Love this office! They also put on fun events every now and then.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][793889].votes_count ]]