Rate Dr. Laura L. Downey

Dr. Laura L. Downey's Ratings

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

My hearing was very poor in one ear. Dr. Downey recommended stapedectomy which she performed. She was very confident that I would have "significant improvement" in my hearing. After the surgery, I had no improvement whatsoever. No explanation why surgery failed. Spent over $2,000 out of pocket money for CAT scan, office visits, surgeon's bill, hospital & anesthesia bill. I feel I was misdiagnosed and would not recommend this doctor.

Submitted June 5, 2014 | flag

Dr. Downey is a gem. She has been my Doctor since 2005. She is kind, patient, takes her time with you, is open to suggestions,is not dismissive and genuinely tries to help.

Submitted June 7, 2013 | flag

Can't tell you much about the Doctor but the staff handling appointments don't care about the doctors patients, since my wifes ear is completely closed, she can only open her mouth half way, her face is swollen, and she is in extreme pain and the office told her no appointsments for 2 days and there is nothing we can do, call back maybe there be an cancellation.

Submitted July 9, 2012 | flag

Dr. Downey is WONDERFUL! She is extremely patient and will show a great interest in your concern. I also took my six year old son to see her and she was absolutely fantastic with him - he smiled and laughed the whole time. HIGHLY recommended for adults and children. LOVE HER.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2012 | flag

Doctor did not perform the surgery that was discussed. Made condition worse, and had to undergo a second surgery to correct her mistakes.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2011 | flag

Dr. Downey is an extremely caring and diligent doctor. Over the two year period I was cared for by her, she went above and beyond to try to remedy my ailments. After an extreme surgery,performed by Dr. Downey, I am not longer afflicted by the symptoms I suffered from. I am grateful to Dr. Downey and all that she did for me.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2011 | flag

Dr.Downy has practically saved my life. I had a cholesteatoma growing in my ear for several years. My mother and I visited countless ENTs and no one could diagnose my ear problem properly. Finally, we were reffered to Dr.Downey. She performed three surgerys on me until the cholesteatoma was all removed. A cholesteatoma is difficult to remove all at once because if even one cell is left it will grow back. It would have continued to grow until it killed me. Dr.Downey reconstructed my eardrum as well. She is a caring and skilled doctor and i love her.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2010 | flag

After two failed tympanoplasties on my 8-yr-old, we will be going elsewhere for her third one. Like others I also experienced long waits, and felt rushed at times.

Submitted Oct. 23, 2010 | flag

DR DOWNEY WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT I WENT IN FOR A VISIT AND FELT LIKE I WAS A BOTHER TO HER SHE HAD NO TIME FOR MY ISSUES I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS DR

Submitted June 18, 2009 | flag