Rate Dr. Elliott Lee

Dr. Elliott Lee's Ratings

For a Doctor who specializes in anxiety, Dr. Lee seems a little nervous and unsure of himself. He seems to have little interest for patient input regarding treatment and is more inclined to dictate what he feels is best. The use of coercion and subtle intimidation can make a patient feel trapped. What he says and what he writes in his reports may differ and could indicate an effort to "cover bases". His manner is best suited to those that are receptive to blindly follow his direction. So for those who wish to understand their condition and be part of the treatment process, perhaps it would be best to see another Doctor.

Submitted March 4, 2014 | flag

He was late but attentive during my session - which is probably why is runs late - he cares. He might have solved a pulminary embolism problem I had this winter, which no other specialist has been able to figure out. Apnea and a short supply of oxygen to my lungs. I might still need psych help but I think he's a good person to have on my team.

Submitted July 18, 2013 | flag

Dr Lee was very informative and helpful in not only dignoising a sleep disorder but also in recommending someone who properly fit me for a mask. Most patients will not consistantly wear a mask and do not reap the benefits of a comfortable and restful sleep.

Submitted March 22, 2013 | flag

I found Dr Lee very approachable. He is genuinely interested in what you have to say and in helping you. I recommend him highly.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2012 | flag

Dr. Lee has a big ego, which tends to obstruct his ability to treat his patients as well as he could. He is also quite cold and unempathetic, especially odd consdiering that fact that many of his patients suffer from anxiety disorders. It is not in my nature to discredit someone, however, I do feel that I am somewhat responsible for giving my SUBJECTIVE experience regarding my sessions with him, so that others may keep this in mind when choosing the right doctor. He is also always late, which is a sign of disrespect for his patients.

Submitted April 7, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Lee for over 2 years. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Before him I had seen my family doctor and another psychiatrist for over a year who only made a mess of me by prescribing too many, and the wrong drugs and never helped me at all. Dr. Lee really listens to you and makes accurate diagnostics which results in the proper balance and management of drugs and psychotherapy. He is extremely knowledgeable in psychiatry and sleep disorders and has total respect and consideration for his patients. Without him, I would probably not be here today.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2009 | flag

Lack of sleep for some months has left me anxious, confused, and memory-impaired. When I saw him, Dr. Lee, made a point of letting me know that he had previously worked at the Mayo Clinic. After what felt like an interrogation, I left his office with a handful of familiar suggestions (e.g. that I not look at the clock when I wake up at night and that I get out of bed rather than lying awake for long periods of time) but without much of what was left of my self-esteem. I cancelled my follow-up appointment with the specialist who had referred me to Dr. Lee because I didn't want him to feel that I had wasted his time. Having read the very positive comments from previous reviewers, I must admit the possibility that I--in my nervousness and confusion--was in some measure responsible for what I experienced as a demeaning and patronizing dismissal.

Submitted July 24, 2008 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Lee for just over a year now. He's the best thing that has happened to me. He has helped diagnose a sleep disorder that I've had for many years. He's cautious with prescribing drugs (in my case) and introduces them gradually to limit any side effects. I would recommend him to anybody who suffers from a sleep disorder, he's one of the best doctors, I believe, in his field.

Submitted July 12, 2008 | flag

Dr. Lee is approachable and nice. He seems very interested in figuring out exactly what is wrong. He is patient and explains things well.

Submitted May 20, 2008 | flag