Dr. Daniel F. Kelly

Website: brain-tumor.org External Link
Practice:
Hospital: St. John's Health Center
Phone:310-582-7450
Med. School:Doctor of Medicine, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
Grad. Year: 1986

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 24/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Daniel F. Kelly has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

16/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4
RID: 2887360
30/09/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kelly and his staff provided me with some of the best care I have received in my medical saga. They worked relentlessly with my insurance company to obtain authorization. I cannot express how grateful I am for Dr. Kelly and his bedside manner. In a frightening circumstances, I was never concerned about my doctor. He provided me with the best care and I cannot recommend him enough.
RID: 2714270
21/07/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Kelly is a brilliant doctor who was taken care of my pituitary tumor for the second time. He was my surgeon when I was first diagnosed in 2002. When my tumor reoccured the second time this year, the first person who came to my mind to take care of it was Dr. Kelly. I don't live in the area, so I did not know that he no longer practiced at the hospital where I had my first surgery. The doctor I had seen there worried me, so I tracked Dr. Kelly of his whereabouts. Dr. Kelly, along with Dr. Barkadorian and Dr. Griffith made me comfortable and assured that I'd be well taken care of; I was well informed of what to expect. I thank them for taking care of me!!
RID: 2682736
18/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kelly and his team were like saviors from heaven for us. I was diagnosed with a pituitary tumor more than one month ago and had been struggling to be seen by any neurosurgeon and to juggle the variety of specialists that my condition required (opthamologist, endocrinologist, renal specialist, etc.). Dr. Kelly's nurse practitioner, Amy, found an opening for us the next business day and when we were seen, they scheduled the procedure immediately. They made everything incredibly easy by taking care of all tests, labwork and specialists. Their team and the entire community at St. John's made us feel like we were the only patients they had. Bar none, this is the best neurosurgeon, neurosurgical team and facility if you have a brain tumor.
RID: 2568997
24/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kelly is a wonderful doctor. I had a brain tumor in a tricky location, with a risk of death and impairment, so I researched and met with doctors all over the country and chose my doctor very carefully. Dr. Kelly was recommended to me by the greatest living neurosurgeon in the world. Dr. Kelly is a medical pioneer in endoscopic endonasal surgery, and he and his team work together like the Olympic synchronized swim team. Their expertise inspires trust and their kindness and compassion made a very difficult situation easier to handle. While recovering from surgery, all the nurses, technicians and support staff who learned Dr. Kelly had done my surgery would just beam and speak positively about his skills as a doctor and his kindness as a person. Before my surgery I had been going blind; Dr. Kelly restored my vision and gave me back my life.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2563941
18/02/13 5 5 5 5 Have been a patient of Dr. Kelly and his team for a little over a year and have felt comfortable and well taken care of since day one. He acted quickly to get me taken care of and has stayed on top of my progress. They are very knowledgable and considerate. Couldn't have found a better team!
RID: 2440500
06/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Kelly and Dr Barkhoudarian were competent beyond my wildest dreams . Could not have found a better team , and very compassionate ! I felt I was in the best possible hands !
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2383191
24/07/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Kelly and his staff were very knowledgeable and caring. We made the right decision going to this practice for my pituitary surgery and could not recommend him any higher. He went out of his way to answer my questions while we were located internationally and his staff was able to arrange all our pre-op requirements at the last minute with minimum effort on our part. The entire office team is wonderful and we couldn't be more pleased with our experience.
RID: 2184239
01/06/12 5 4 5 5 Dr. Kelly is a brilliant surgeon who is extremely approachable and gives you the time that you need. I Wouldn't consider using another surgeon for a pituitary tumor.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $12000
RID: 2144973
16/05/12 5 5 5 5 His oozing confidence and his impeccable credentials made me very relaxed. He was very thorough in preparing me before, during, and after the surgery. He also has good caring medical staffs.  Respond
RID: 2112000
05/05/12 5 5 5 5 very experienced,knowledgeable doctor,willing to answer any question.
Insurance: Medicare
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Daniel" to "Daniel F."
RID: 1675344
03/01/12 5 5 5 5 - Doctor not covered by UnitedHealthCare, - Incredibly accommodating: 1st visit 12/2, surgery by 12/8, - Excellent affice staff
Paid (or co-pay): $4000
RID: 1671933
29/12/11 5 4 5 5 I can't say enough good things about Dr. Kelly and his staff. I think they were incredible! I knew I was putting my life in their hands and I would do it again without hesitation should the need arise. Everything I experienced confirmed my belief in thier knowledge of my medical needs and their skills as surgeons. They all treated me with the greatest repect and professional care leaving me with the confident belief that I was the most important item on their agenda. I could not have asked for more.
Paid (or co-pay): $3900
RID: 1655511
07/12/11 5 4 5 5 The entire staff at the doctor's office made my experience a positive one. They were all friendly and considerate. Amy, the nurse, answered my questions in a timely manner with courtesy and kindness. I was able to schedule an appointment quickly and my surgery was scheduled within a week of diagnosis. Dr. Kelly did an outstanding job on my surgery and my follow-up care was excellent. I appreciate his dedication to his patients and his knowledge and skill as a surgeon. He was helpful, polite and nice. The doctors are willing to go out of their way to take care of their patients and that is much appreciated. Dr. Kelly answered all of my questions and was available when I was in the hospital, and after I was home, as was Dr. Duong. I consider my experience with this doctor and his staff as a very positive one. The outcome for me was also very positive.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1533410

09/09/11 1 2 2 2 This man is only nice and caring while trying to get your business. Once he realizes he has lost you as a potential patient to the competition, he is rude and unprofessional. And his staff is incompetent and immature.  Respond
RID: 1530849
06/09/11 5 2 5 5 Dr. Kelly performed brain surgery on me. I felt well cared for, informed and expertly treated by him and his staff
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1192601
18/06/10 3 4 5 5 Dr Kelly is the best in his field. After my surgery, every one in the hospital raved about him. As great of a surgeon he is, he is equally down to earth. Great man, saved my life.His staff could be more organized but its worth dealing with them to get to him.  Respond
RID: 1154148
21/04/10 1 1 1 1 His staff is cold, rude and uncaring. They don't seem to understand that the reason for contacting this type of doctor is serious! If that is the type of people he hires, I don't even want to meet with him.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user