Rate Dr. Cristopher Geiler

Dr. Cristopher Geiler's Ratings

I have been a patient for a decade. Dr. Geiler stands out as exceptionally competent and compassionate in a geographically isolated suburban area where many physicians and specialists and the local hospital are second rate. when it comes to referrals, his location is a major limitation over which he has no control Internists are required by ethics/medical standards to refer many sorts of illnesses to specialists. Dr. Geiler can't fix everything himself (although it would be great if he could). He has a limited pool of specialists, and there is an "old boys network" that existed before his arrival, with which he has to coexist. Some of his "buddies" (see complaint above) are as competent as he is. Some are not. If you live in the SB area, you can't have a better PCP, but you should consider finding your own specialists in Los Angeles, Pasadena, and SF Bay area that are beyond his referral territory, if you don't like his suggestions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][795023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Geiler is the best, most caring doctor! He takes care of my whole family and we sure feel safe knowing he will care for us when we need him !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][795022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2011

He is great. Helps me with big and small problems. He cares about my whole body and responds quickly if I have an emergency need. He answers his pager fast, too. He's the best doctor ever.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][795021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2010

Dr. Geiler has been our primary care physician for over five years. My husband has a rare type of non-hodgkin's lymphoma and Dr. Geiler is just as educated about it as our Oncologist is. He has treated us and given us advice on a variety of things, from bronchitis to excema, annual visits to a kidney infection, and so many other things, too. He always takes the time to listen, to order tests whenever needed, to thoughtfully and thoroughly treat us, and sometimes he personally calls to follow-up with test results or to make sure that our situation is fully resolved. He now (2009) serves as one of the two main Directors at Cottage Hospital and has referred us to the best in Santa Barbara, when necessary. He provides exceptional service and we couldn't imagine finding another doctor as intelligent, thorough, and caring as he is. Even though he is an "out of network" provider for Anthem/Blue Cross, we still choose to pay for his time and attention ourselves. He's worth it!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][795020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 24, 2009

Front desk service was fine - they don't take cards so bring cash or your check book. Dr. Geiler was very kind & took the time to talk to me. He really seemed interested on both a personal & professional level. He made me feel comfortable. The nurse that took my stats was very friendly too. The office was clean & tastefully decorated. I was really worried that I would not find a doctor that I would be comfortable with & I am so grateful that my cousin recommended him to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][795019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2009

Dr. Geiler diagnosed me with a very rare skin disorder. After spending almost 2 years and over a thousand dollars on different specialists, he knew the answer. My family and I feel extremely fortunate to have him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][795018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2008

A nice guy, but usually fails to solve my medical problems, is distracted, and recommends buddies rather than the best available specialists. Means well, but just doesn't have the chops when the problem is outside the "standard" stuff like colds and broken bones.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][795017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2008

Dr. Geiler is the best and most thorough doctor I have ever seen. His staff is also helpful and kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][795016].votes_count ]]