Rate Dr. Bernard D. Raxlen

Dr. Bernard D. Raxlen's Ratings

It's really unfortunate, but Dr. Raxlen's office is so poorly run that I wouldn't recommend using them. Years ago it was better, and he did help me with Lyme, but even then when I had a big problem with my meds it took him almost 2 days to return my distress call. Now the office is so bad that you can't get through for days. They tell you to email, but they don't return those either. The staff is very rude if you do get through. They stress you out, when you're not supposed to stress. The amount of meds he puts you on is not something to take lightly, and not to be able to communicate with your doctor is dangerous. Also, he's not good about following up with blood work. He never tests for liver damage or anything else - even though the info on the drugs say that it could cause liver damage and you're on a pill 2x per day for months, That's supposed to be only taken once (not per day, just once). He just says that he's never had a problem in 30 years so not to worry. Hmm.

Submitted July 11, 2014 | flag

Dr. Raxlen sells people who are sick a dream that they will get better. He prescribes tons of really strong meds that are unnecessary. I am scared for patients who are seeing him. He is a complete scam artist who has his hand in your wallet , that's his main interest. I called him with a question one time and he charged me $350 to speak to him on the phone. I'm amazed that he is allowed to treat patients , it's pretty scary. RUN!!

Submitted May 14, 2014 | flag

Submitted April 19, 2014 | flag

I came to Dr. Raxlen after being treated for Lyme with another Dr. in another state whom I wasn't satisfied with. Dr. Raxlen properly diagnosed me with co infections that the other Dr. didn't. After few months of treatment my seizures and most symptoms completely went away. On the other hand, I ended up having my gal bladder removed. Dr. Raxlen should have told me about that gal stones are a side effect of the medication he was giving me. He did not.

Submitted March 23, 2014 | flag

I don't doubt that Dr. Raxlan has helped some patients recover from Lyme. However, when I came under his care many tell-tale symptoms of Lyme didn't exist. I had tests that indicated Lyme, but it's known that these tests are often false-positive. He Rx'd 10 initial months antibiotics @ $500 daily via PICC line, then oral antibiotics for another 6 mo's. With little result, I asked several times for testimonials from patients suffering similar symptoms as I was. He never could produce any such evidence. Dr. R., was adamant that my illness couldn't be anything but Lyme. After a couple if years I made it to Mass General Hosp. in Boston where I have been diagnosed via DNA testing that I have Muscular Dystrophy. Had Dr. Raxlan not moved to NYC from CT., it's likely that I would have pursued legal recourse to recoup financial losses. Fortunately, my insurance was paying for the medications. One other thing: Dr. Raxlan used what he called "Voodoo" to determine the medicine he would prescribe.

Submitted Feb. 24, 2014 | flag

Gave me back my life! I love him!! If he was single I would marry him! Since he moved to NY I am unable to see him! Please open an office on the CT/NY line! My health has declined and I have been re-infected! Help! Best LYME DR. out there! AAAAA+++++

Submitted July 20, 2013 | flag

Dr.Rexlan helped me tremendously. I thought I had been treated adequately for Lyme disease but had been missed for co-infections and thyroid/b12 deficiency. Out of pocket expense to see him initially was well worth it (retrospectively). I feel the best I've been in years. That's priceless.

Submitted May 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Raxlen is literally saving my life- halting the free-fall! I got to a point where I was no longer able to push thru the symptomatic mix of ALS, MS, Lupus, IC, dysautonomia, PAIN, hypoglycemia, etc., I was literally electrified, and the doctors wouldn't help me! Many were outright condescending; others said "my hands are tied" & a couple literally whispered-"see a Lyme doc". Widespread & outright neglect after all this time?! I went thru this w/my beloved son yrs. ago. There are no words to express my disappointment w/the medical community. If doctors CHOOSE to be ignorant-they really are not ignorant at all- rather they are choosing to turn their backs on the countless patients suffering from this dreadful disease. Stop acting like cowardly puppets and take a stand! LISTEN to your patients. DR. RAXLEN IS AN EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR. He & his colleagues deserve your utmost respect/admiration. They stepped up to the plate when all of you stepped back...one day you may just need his help.

Submitted June 11, 2011 | flag

I SAW THIS DOCTOR YEARS AGO. he put me into thyroid storm, never checked medications and gave me a systemic infection due to improper picc line insertion. he is the worst dr i have ever seen for lyme or anything. not only is he incompetent he is downright harmful. i cannot stress enough how important it is that lyme patients stay away. he is truly repulsive.

Submitted June 8, 2011 | flag

In 1993, after ending up on a psyche ward, misdiagnosed. Circumstances led me to Dr. Bernard Raxlen. I owe him my life as I know and perceive it to be. I had severe neuro-psychiatric lyme had caused a one time psychosis. I had been to 3 Doctors trying to be treated. With any practice of medicine, there can be poor outcomes. However, the treatment I received with him medically and psychologically was exemplary. Dr. Raxlen is a rarity these days, he wants his patients to be well and whole...Kudos always Dr. Raxlen. Judi Carroll (K)

Submitted Nov. 7, 2010 | flag