You may also like

Rate Dr. Bernard D. Raxlen

Dr. Bernard D. Raxlen's Ratings

My whole family is so thankful for Dr. Raxlen! He gave me back my little brother! Dr. Raxlen treated my brother who went from bed-bound, missing school, miserable to a healthy and happy after many other doctors failed to make him better. If you have a tic-borne illness and are looking for a wise and caring doctor to help make you better, I can't recommend Dr. Raxlen enough!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2790086].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

We took our son to seven doctors, none of whom helped. Then, thank god, we found Dr. Raxlen. He saved our 12 year old's life. He was completely non-functional from Lyme Disease, and now thanks to Dr. Raxlen's treatment, he is back to normal. Dr. Raxlen is an extraordinary physician! If you have Lyme Disease, or any tic-borne illnesses, he can get you well, even if most other physicians will fail.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2788841].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I went to Dr. Raxlen way back in 1994! He saved my life! I had, and still have chronic Lyme. The so called tests they had came back negative. He pin pointed it. Now 20 years later I'm living a normal life.

Raxlen isn't controversial,he's a pioneer in the field of Lyme Disease. Therefore you're going to find people putting him in the field of controversery,going against the antiquated protocols,when it comes to Lymn Disease

I am about to to contact him again,my husband has all the signs of Parkinson Disease,however before that conclusion comes about, I'm going to have him go to Dr. Raxlen to see if this is Lyme, masquerading as Parkinson! He had been bit by ticks this summer.

I recommend him to anybody,despite what is said! He's a life saver!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2692819].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

I encourage anyone considering Dr. Raxlen to research him thoroughly. We did, and found evidence that he has been brought up on multiple times for disciplinary action by medical examining boards. The cases are really scary… We, too, were encouraged by the promising reviews after my husband was diagnosed with Lyme. I'm glad we did our research. Casewatch.org and New York Department of Health have documentation on their websites if you wish to search. He is a psychiatrist by the way, not an infection disease doctor. Be careful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Dr Raxlen saved my life.

Before I found Dr Raxlen, I followed all of the protocols of non-Lyme doctors. I took oral antibiotics and was better for 2-3 weeks. But i was then crushed with fatigue and numerous strange symptoms. Other doctors said that i should not visit a Lyme specific doctor but had nothing that would cure my symptoms. They would not prescribe more antibiotics because it would put there reputation/medical licences at risk.

Dr Raxlen put his medical licence and reputation at risk but he gave me a life long cure.. Now 5 years later, my Lyme disease and other co-infections are in remission.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2637757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Raxlen for several years due to a late-stage chronic lyme which went undiagnosed for many years beforehand. If I didn't meet him, I'm certain that I would not be alive right now. I have read some of the comments below and want people to know that if you are in the NYC area and you suspect you have lyme, or your current treatment is not working, Dr. R is the best we have. There were some comments about his staff being incompetent and I would like to address them here. During the period of 2008-early 2014, he had staff members who took advantage of his good nature. He depended on them to be attentive and follow up with patients and I believe, because of his extreme work load which kept him too busy to micro-manage, they were lazy and selfish in doing follow ups because they could get away with it. I spoke with him about this and he made changes immediately. He had to hire an entire new staff, and also move offices. This new staff had to clean up a lot of the mess from the old staff but I believe now they are finally on track. I visited them last week and was very impressed with the attitudes and new-found organization. Also I need to say that there are only a few doctors in NYC that are capable of understanding the complexities of late stage/chronic lyme. Therefore, the waiting list is long for these doctors, and they are expensive. We also must understand that the treatment of this illness is not a "one visit" affair. Dr. R will take priority with certain issues and address them each one by one. This could take several months or even years. WE did not get sick in one week and we will not recover in one week. We may never fully recover but with Dr. R at least we know where we stand, and we have a doctor who will LISTEN to you and treat you as a partner in your recovery. I've never met a doctor who did that in my life. He really respects what you think and feel and will always take into consideration what YOUR intuitions tell you. He encourages you to do research and listen to your body. There is no magic bullet, and it takes a lot of work to get better. Some of us want our doctor to do all the work and yet we still want to eat ice cream and junk food (just for an example). If anyone here has a question about Dr. R. please feel free to email me at entarage@aol.com and I will gladly help. He saved my life. He's not a miracle worker, nor does he claim to be, but he will listen to you. He would love to treat you will all natural herbs and modalities but the truth is that antibiotics, in conjunction with some natural remedies, have been proven to help people with chronic Lyme . For more info on chronic lyme please google: Under Our Skin, the documentary on Youtube, where you can watch it for free.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2532481].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Dr. Raxlen has treated me for chronic Lyme Disease with Bicillin for several month now and my condition has improved. Only occasionally I get headaches which were unbearable before.
I had an appointment a few days ago and when it was confirmed by his Staff 2 days before, I was never told that his office moved to a different location. This is most definitely not very professional, especially when you come from far away and have to reschedule the appointment.
I agree with some patients that his Staff is totally incompetent and he should be told.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2524727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2014

I saw Dr. Raxlen for my initial visit last week for Lyme disease. The staff on the phone was so nice they squeezed me in for the following day. He even skipped his lunch to make room for me. Dr. Raxlen was wonderful. He made me feel very comfortable. He's patient, funny, and very easy to talk to. I'm not sure why there are so many negative remarks about his staff - they were extremely helpful, patient, and very friendly. I had an extremely good experience at his office for my first visit. I would definitely recommend him to anyone who has exhausted their options of infectious disease docs who refuse to continue treating for chronic Lyme disease. As in my case, and countless other out there. Dr. Raxlen will continue to treat based on clinical symptoms and blood work. Overall highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2521755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2014

It's really unfortunate, but Dr. Raxlen's office is so poorly run that I wouldn't recommend using them. Years ago it was better, and he did help me with Lyme, but even then when I had a big problem with my meds it took him almost 2 days to return my distress call. Now the office is so bad that you can't get through for days. They tell you to email, but they don't return those either. The staff is very rude if you do get through. They stress you out, when you're not supposed to stress. The amount of meds he puts you on is not something to take lightly, and not to be able to communicate with your doctor is dangerous. Also, he's not good about following up with blood work. He never tests for liver damage or anything else - even though the info on the drugs say that it could cause liver damage and you're on a pill 2x per day for months, That's supposed to be only taken once (not per day, just once). He just says that he's never had a problem in 30 years so not to worry. Hmm.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2424634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr. Raxlen sells people who are sick a dream that they will get better. He prescribes tons of really strong meds that are unnecessary. I am scared for patients who are seeing him. He is a complete scam artist who has his hand in your wallet , that's his main interest. I called him with a question one time and he charged me $350 to speak to him on the phone. I'm amazed that he is allowed to treat patients , it's pretty scary. RUN!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2424633].votes_count ]]