Rate Dr. Richard J. Haskell

Dr. Richard J. Haskell's Ratings

Although Dr. Haskell may be an excellent surgeon, that is how he comes off in person. As a surgeon and nothing but that. He is not very approachable, and told me that women "worry" too much about their health. I found him very patronizing, and not only did he not answer my quesitons that I had, nor did he properly review my chart, but he took 2 weeks to get my results of an echo back when they were promised within the week. I still have questions that I have send to his office and have yet to hear from them. As a surgeon (I have no experience with him in this area) I am sure he is incredible - he seems like the exacting, cut em open and sew em up kind of guy - but as a caring doctor, he was a little cold for my taste. I just wish he took the time to tell me more about my condition - and that he would listen more.

Submitted July 17, 2009 | flag

Haskell took me on as a heart patient four days after I had a pacemaker implant by another docotor/hospital. He is direct, has a great sense of humour, and knowledgeable. WIll not prescribe (RX or tests) unless absolutely necessary. He is flexible and will work with the patient. Has a busy office and large group practice but I have never had to wait more than ten minutes at an office visit (multiple visits over the years). Office staff attentive to details, easy RX refill authorizations.

Submitted March 11, 2009 | flag

Dr Haskell became my cardiologist when I was heading for multiple heart valve surgery. I found him to be extremely knowledgeable and very approachable (many doctors are not!). His sense of humor before and after surgery was very calming. Dr Haskell's no-BS way of dealing with me and my post-op recovery was just the approach I needed. I hope that he'll always be my cardiologist.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2008 | flag

Dr. Haskell is a outstanding physician. I have diabetes and a low EF from a heart attack. Dr. Haskell has been able to maxmize my hearts performance through the best therapy available. I'm a 14 year survivor and feel that my doctor has given me top treatment. All my test numbers have been almost perfect for 14 years. The doctor does take into account my total health condition and other medicl problems.

Submitted May 20, 2008 | flag

Dr. does not take in to account your total health condition or other medical problems that contribute to heart disease ie diabetes, stress hypertension etc. On a report miss stated & obmitted meds and quanities inaccurate. Refused to correct when told of error. Several medical tests that are not done at his office came back abnormal he discounts results suggesting to ignore results stating Doctor who did tests was poorly trained. When medical records were orginally transferred to him as a new patient he stated that he never recieved expensive medical test results ie CT scan with contrast for kidney function. Very poor bedside manor. Has a tenancy to overbook appointments. If you are looking for someone who wants to provide good service and really concerned about you this is not the doctor he is motivated by money. NOTE: States as one of the best doctors in Orange County by the Orange County Magnizine which I believe is paid by and for his own benefit as a form of advertisement.

Submitted May 19, 2008 | flag