Rate Dr. Daniel Lanzer

Dr. Daniel Lanzer's Ratings

BEWARE. I arrived at 3.15pm for a 3.30 appointment. I wasn't seen until 5.55pm. I was given no more than 2 minutes of time. He didn't ask about any current medication or medical history or read my referral and actually prescribed me a medication that could have been harmful considering the other medication I was on. I am thoroughly unimpressed and also highly concerned that this kind of practice goes on. Negligent behaviour at best. I would not recommend him for safety considerations. The only redeeming feature of this practice was a considerate nurse that felt sorry for me for having to wait so long.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2759411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Absolutely terrible. I confirmed my booking time the day previous, only to be told upon arrival that I was booked in 2hrs later. They said I can wait around as he will only take 30min most. I ended up waiting 2 hours for a rushed 2 minute consultation. I tried to ask questions but he clearly didn't care one bit. I wanted to know about my options and ABOUT my skin, which is why I went to see him. When I asked him why I couldn't get a different treatment he said No it will not work and did not tell me why. He told me to get a new laser treatment which would cause pigmentation and that this would cost between $600-$1000 per session. I later found that I cannot even HAVE laser done due to my medication. My medication was listed on my REFERRAL that I had brought in... I was both disgusted and disappointed. I was originally told to see Dr Goldberg and I wish I did. I agree with the other negative reviews about his commercialism etc. Definitely do not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2759343].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr Lanzer's clinic provides a consistent level of care and a detailed approach to cosmetic medicine.
I am always highly impressed by his genuine interest in patient health and well being in a professional environment. Dr Lanzer's centrally located clinic provides a one stop shop for my family's dermatology needs as well. I highly recommend this clinic and since they offer a free no obligation consultation, there is nothing to lose. Despite, the constant flow of clients, I can often get an appointment within 2 weeks unlike other specialists. The knowledge gleaned from their experience is beneficial and am never disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2706733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

I recently attended Dr Lanzers office in Sydney for a consultation on liposuction. After having done much research and reading many reviews I can understand how some people may have had bad experiences when dealing with this clinic. I arrived on time and filled out the paperwork as requested, i was advised that Dr Lanzer was running behind schedule. I then immediately thought back to all the reviews I read about him being terribly late and poor service etc etc, In all fairness in my experience most doctors run late so I was expecting this but luckily I only waited another 10 minutes past my scheduled appointment before I was ushered into another room and asked to wait.
Within 5 minutes Dr Lanzer came in and spoke with me, he was very to the point and brief during the consult. I didn't really have a great deal of questions to ask but he didn't really have a great deal of information to pass on either, I quickly picked up on his (for lack of a better word) socially awkward demeanour which some people could easily pass off as being rude or arrogant but I didnt feel that there was any malice or intentional rudeness.

Dr Lanzer left after only being with me for about 5 minutes and shortly thereafter his nurse name and spoke with me. He (the nurse) gave me much more information on the proceadure. I had already done much research myself but at the time i felt if I hadn't done much research I wouldn't have left the consultation with much more info than when I first walked in. The nurse was friendly enough and knowledgable enough but I thougt he could have been a bit more professional.
Dr Lanzer returned to speak to me afterwards and we briefly chatted about what happens next if I want to move forward with the procedure and I left shortly after.

My personal thoughts were that the office was unorganised, or more so organised chaos. Dr Lanzer has been in the business for years and years, other doctors I had seen, prior to Lanzer that were offering the same procedures would have still been in high school when Lanzer was performing these procedures.
He did say during the consult that "this is my bread and butter, I've done thousands of these"... For me that said it all, I have a lot of confidence in Lanzer becusse of his extensive experience. I got the impression that the consult was so brief becusse he just wanted to make sure I was normal and that he wouldn't have any surprises rather than to tell me the ins and out of the procedure..

I haven't decided to go ahead with the procedure yet but will most likely choose Lanzer over the other doctors if I do so.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2649959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

I had a neck and facelift, plus upper & lower blepharoplasty 7 months ago. Dr Lanzer's skill is truly amazing - my results are completely natural and I look at least 10 years younger. If you are seeking a sympathetic & lengthy session when you consult Dr Lanzer then you may be disappointed. If this is important to you I would suggest you see Dr Howard Webster instead as he has a caring, empathetic manner plus excellent surgical skills. Dr Lanzer is not big on small talk, but I quite like this as he is utterly focussed upon the work he can do for you. The caring bedside manner comes from his fabulous nurses, all of whom are a delight, and from Brad, the doc's fabulous PA.
I have recommended Dr Lanzer to everyone I know, as I believe he is really a medical & cosmetic artist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2640170].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I went to Dr Lanzer and had a mini face lift and neck liposuction done after doing extensive research. I was extremely pleased with the result and the post op followup. All the staff from reception to the nurses were genuinely concerned for my welfare Again thanks to Dr Lanzer and his staff IMP

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2626270].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

Liposuction/breast Mastectomy high definition procedure (male)
What can I say... Dr Lanzer is an artist.... A true perfectionist and I can't thank him enough for my new transformed body. I have a boost of confidence and I am the happiest man walking around strutting my stuff. As a surgeon I can't fault Dr Lanzer. From initial consultation to the day of the op and post op follow up I had no other expectation other than a professional outcome and happy to say this is what has been achieved. I will highly recommend Dr Lanzer to anyone considering liposuction or any cosmetic procedure. Lastly a huge thank you to the lovely nurses that also play a big part. Thanks once again team! AK

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2620917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

Dr lanzer did my gynaecomastia - something I have had for years and I've been embarrassed to take my top off. Since my surgery I have had heaps more confidence and my gynaecomastia is gone. I couldn't thank dr lanzer and his staff enough. They were very accommodating and very friendly and i'd highly recommend them to anyone I speak to

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2588582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

Dr Lanzer is an expert, famous in Australia for his pioneering treatments and innovation. We read about him in the newspaper and were very impressed with his professionalism and high quality treatment. He is a caring doctor. Family and friends of all ages have also visited Dr Lanzer and have been impressed. The staff very friendly and helpful too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2584281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

I spoke to a representative in Dr Lanzer's clinic regarding liposuction. I wanted to talk about some of the potential risks and recovery timeframes as I was planning to travel.
The response I got was "yeah yeah yeah, we can do your surgery next week and you'll be fine to travel 2 weeks after that". No concern shown whatsoever of care to the patient. Worse yet, this was all over the phone. It was clear that the clinic doesn't value patient care, or act in the patients best interest - only their financial interest and fitting in as many bookings as they can. Although I only spoke to the staff, it's clear this is the business/commercial approach of Dr Lanzer which is further reinforced by the large volume of similar toned complaints.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2573734].votes_count ]]