Dr. David E. Devoid

Rate Dr. David E. Devoid

Dr. David E. Devoid's Ratings

We've been seeing Dr. D for a year now and I love his up-front, tell-it-like-it-is attitude. Some people just can't handle that! He doesn't speak to me, he speaks to my daughter (the patient). That's awesome! They have a great relationship and can joke and play around, but get serious when they need to. He's helped us find out what's wrong with her, and as many doctors as my daughter has, Dr. DeVoid is definitely at the top of the list! I wouldn't change a thing about him!! I can only hope that other parents sit back and realize that you can't tip-toe around problems anymore. You get up and nip it in the bud before it develops....enters Dr. D!!! You rock!

Submitted April 15, 2014 | flag

Terrible bedside manner! He was not easy to talk to and work with to fix my sons milk protein allergy problem. His staff was very unprofessional and poorly managed. No one would answer the phone when I called and it was like pulling teeth to get anyone to call back. They are horribly organized and never refilled prescriptions, schedule out of office tests, handled insurance issues, or call back with test results without being prompted MANY times! No one can do their job efficiently and with proper knowledge. I have called his office manager to discuss all my concerns and have left her 3 messages in the past 6 months to which she has not once ever called me back! Switching my son to a different doctor, it has been nothing but a headache dealing with dr devoid and his staff! They are very unprofessional and do not conduct a practice suitable to get a job done effectively and with ease!

Submitted March 11, 2014 | flag

Very surprised at the negative ratings. This Dr was running a little behind but I was because he took as much time with each patient as needed. We were the last one of the day & didn't feel rushed at all. The nurse kept comin in to check on us & giving us updates instead of leaving us to wonder in a room alone. Dr Devoid was very kind & understanding. He explained everything in detail & when I asked a question made me feel it was valid. Was kind to my 11wk old son (patient) & my 9 yr old that was with us. It was such a relief to get real answers he explained his treatment plan. Would recommend to anyone.

Submitted May 8, 2013 | flag

Submitted Oct. 24, 2011 | flag

Horrible bedside manner. I agree he is not good with kids or adults. We will not be going back. I will be looking elsewhere for care for my child.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2011 | flag

I didn't find Dr. Devoid to be good with kids, nor good with parents. He was able to insult both myself and my husband during our short consult with him re: our son. Most importantly, he was not able to diagnose our son's issues, and his only recommendation for us was to feed him a healthy diet. Well, I'm a Dietitian and that was already happening. We didn't go back, but finally got some help from our own Pediatrician. I do not recommend Dr. Devoid.

Submitted June 28, 2011 | flag

I am so shocked at the negative reviews for dr. Deovid. My daughter has seen him for the past year and he has been wonderful with her. Its obvious he knows what he's doing because my daughters problems lessened with his treatments. She was having protein allergy's. He took time and answered any questions I had! I would recommend him to anyone. Very nice and proffesional!

Submitted Nov. 8, 2010 | flag

Mr. Devoid was the 3rd doctor we saw for my 2-year old daughter who was having some digestive issues, throwing up, bad diaper rash, diarrhea, etc. Mr. Devoid was irritated if we asked a question, rolled his eyes when my wife asked a question, claimed my daughter was not lactose-intolerant without running a test or getting any facts, was very arrogant, admitted that he locked his children in their room by putting locks on the outside of their rooms to punish them, and treated me, my wife, my mother, and my daughter like we were a bother and annoying. This self-proclaimed expert is a waste of time and money and your family will be better served by someone else. I've tried hard to be respectful and not call him names and immature things like that. I sincerely think this person is harmful to the medical community. I will never use him. I personally diagnosed my daughter and made dietary changes that fixed all of her problems. 3 doctors could do it, but I did.

Submitted Feb. 14, 2010 | flag

I am honestly surprised by the negative reviews. Dr. Devoid has been very helpful with our son's milk protein allergy and gastric difficulties. He has spent a lot of time with us answering questions and addressing our concerns. He is also wonderful with our son. I have never seen a doctor take to a baby so well, not even our pediatrician! Dr. Devoid is very straight forward and honest. He doesn't sugar coat anything and I guess some people may be offended by this. However, I find it refreshing to finally meet a doctor who knows exactly how to treat your child and will tell you like it is. Very knowledgable, great expertise, and personable too! What more could you ask for?! I would definitely recommend Dr. Devoid.

Submitted Feb. 13, 2010 | flag

Unbelievably rude and arrogant. He talks to you like you are nothing and know absolutely nothing. Never met anyone so disrespectful in my life. Honestly, I can't believe anyone still goes to him, considering there are several good doctors in the area. I went to him for 5 visits before finally switching. Wish I changed sooner!!

Submitted Oct. 14, 2009 | flag