You may also like

Rate Dr. Abrham Tekola

Dr. Abrham Tekola's Ratings

I waited 3 months to see him but it worth it for a good doctor like him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2727209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

I have seen the doctor for over two years and believe he is caring and compassionate. He is intelligent, to the point and always advocate healthy life style. It hard to get a good doctor like him with with a Medical and Medicare insurance. He is very strict when it comes to prescribing pain medication. If you are looking for narcotics, that is not a place to go. It seems like he is overwhelmed by the patients seeking for drugs.
The cons; Hard to get appointment. If you need to be seen right away, ER or urgent cares are your best optios.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2690112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

This is the doctor Medi-cal assigned me too. I went for my first initial appointment. My appointment was at 2pm. I was the only Caucasian person there. The rest were Russian. This is a Russian doctors office.

Now I have no issues with Russian. My best friend for 13 years is Russian.

What I do have a problem with is the fact that he took all these walk in Russian patients, none of which were seriously or even mildly ill or hurt, before he took me. I had an appointment and was even there early. He didn't see me until the office emptied of all other Russian patients at 4pm.

I got ti the exam room. I just moved t o Sacramento and had not been to a doctor in over a year. I have asthma. I asked for a refill on my current prescription which was Xopenex. He refused to refill that. It has lower amounts of steroids in it. He instead would only refill with albuterol inhaler.
I also tried to explain that my feet are in a lot of pain. I am 200lbs and am 5 foot 3 inches. I know I,m over weight but i have never had an issue with my feet. They feel numb but it is the pins and needles numb even when I'm off of my feet and they are elevated. If I'm on my feet too long there is a painful stabbing and burning sensation in my left foot on the arch. Now i ware jell inserts in my shoes and am on my feet for 15-19 hours a day fir the last year. Reason being my husband was in a car accident. He is now at home but he us a C1 complete quadriplegic and on a ventilator 24/7 to keep him breathing. So I'm on my feet all day either caring for him or our autistic son. So no the pain is not because of my weight. But thus doctor would not listen to me.

He refused to do any thing or even look at my feet. Another patient walked in and all hes said to me was "loose weight" and "your inhaler has been faxed to the pharmacy." Then he left to go see the other patient and I was sent home.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2673811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2015

Don't expect to get any appointments within the week. You have to schedule a visit a month out. They don't have any emergency walk ins. Was always referred to go to the ER if I needed to see the doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481028].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

Every time I come here, Dr. Tekola is nice and so is his staff. I am seen on time or with a small wait, but not too long. I recommend him to anyone looking for a new doctor around this area. He makes sure that you understand what hes saying.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][799037].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

Nothing but a topnotch doctor, supported by his outstanding staff! Dr. Tekola is not only knowledgeable, he is very professional, and very caring! He listens and explains in details, until you understand what is wrong with you! His manner is courteous, takes time to listen and examine, and you never feel that you are rushed! When he first moved to the Carmichael office, one of my residents(I have a board and care facility for Elderly)refused to get out of the facility to see a doctor! I have called a few doctors to please do a home visit! He was the only one responded, he visited our resident either on his lunch break or after his clinic hours! That is why, I have nothing but great things to say about him! If there is any abnormal laboratory results or findings in any of the tests, he would personally call you, usually after office hours or his break! He is also very diligent in taking history/ symptoms and very clear with his diagnosis! He is very thorough and always in good mood!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][799038].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Tekola for many years and always feel I get the service I expect from my physician. He is knowledgeable and takes his time to explain things. I don’t ever feel rushed. His new office location is convenient, clean and his staff is very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][799036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2010

I love Dr. Tekola's new office. He takes his time to see his patients and his work up is through.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][799035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Excellent Clinician. He is caring and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][799034].votes_count ]]