Dr. Ronald Stanley Leuchter

Grad. Year: 1966

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. Ronald Stanley Leuchter has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4779942

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 5.0  Respond

24/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "LOS ANGELES" to "West Hollywood"
RID: 2694405
25/06/13 5 4 5 5 I can't believe these comments these angry unhappy people wrote! Dr. Luechter and and his staff are the very best. I f you're looking to be coddled, this is not the right place for you. But if you are looking for expertise, directness and truth, a skilled physician with credits incomparable and someone who can save your life, that's Dr. Luechter-he saved mine. I will be eternally grateful for his skill and the two top rate physicians who recommended him to me. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Dr. Luechter. He is the best!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2684368
20/06/13 5 3 5 5 I was quickly diagnosed and Dr. Leuchter explained in detail the medical situation. Time was taken to answer my questions at the time. When I had additional questions I received return telephone calls quickly. I found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. They displayed a lot of compassion and understanding. I am also very satisfied with the surgery and follow up care.
RID: 2551778
05/02/13 1 1 1 3 Though he may be well experienced, he is rude, condescending and picks which patients to respect and allow time for. If you're a celebrity or other type of VIP, yes, he is great. Otherwise, you mean nothing to him other than being a another patient. He overbooks patients in his clinics and I've had to wait several hours to be seen. It is not worth his expertise, there are plenty other MDs that have similar experience and actually have a good bedside manner. He is old and needs to retire, he has no compassion left in his soul. I find it interesting that any negative comments have been deleted from this post. Would be nice to see all ratings. This site would have more credibility.
RID: 2212260
07/06/12 5 5 5 5 He is great! he knows exactly what he is talking about, great personality, comprehensive... a true expert!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1492633
21/07/11 5 5 5 5 I traveled from NY to have surgery with Dr. Leuchter. Doctors in my area were unable or unwilling to perform organ sparing surgery, and none would attempt laparoscopic surgery for my condition...which Dr. Leuchter did (seemingly) as routine! He is a true expert - skillful, wonderful at answering questions and is unbelievably compassionate. Truly the best!
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

10/10/10 SYSTEM: 6 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

03/07/09 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 897402
26/05/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Leuchter is the most competent doctor I have ever met. Not only is he knowledgeable, he has a wonderful personality- especially for someone in the field of oncology. I have been seeing him for 10 years now, since he saved my life 10 years ago. He is always available to me to answer questions regarding my gynocological issues as well as general medical questions. Ive even received email responses to calm me down when Ive been out of the country! My famous quote to everyone is , "if only all doctors could have his knowledge and the sense to tell patients when to worry and when not to worry". I completely trust anything he says. He is a skilled, knowledgeable , physician, and I come from the healthcare field myself, and my father is a doctor as well. I have the utmost respect for him- and he has made my life much calmer when it comes to my health and medical concerns.
RID: 894544
22/05/09 5 5 5 5 what a great doctor!! I was recently referred to him with a very complicated problem which needed surgery and no other doctor wanted to do...too risky they said !!...this doctor approached my problem so gently and was completely informative..he advised me what he could accomplish and what would not be in my best interests to do surgically ..his presentation was clear, concise, and totally understandable..his manner was kind, considerate and reassuring...I was able to make an informed decision and be comfortable with it...I recently had my surgery with him which was done with consummate skill very successfully solved my very serious problem which no-one else could do!...the whole experience was gratifying and I am so grateful to him and his kind staff...omigosh how lucky I was to find him...it is so nice to know there such wonderful doctors like him..please see him if you have a surgical problem which needs kind considerate and expert care.!!
RID: 781406
04/02/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Leuchter is by far the best doctor that I could ever imagine! He is helpful and informative, compassionate and kind, and really knows what he is talking about. He took care of me during the scariest time of my whole life and never let me down. He always addressed my concerns and those of my family. I know that I could never have received such great care from any other doctor, and no other doctor has ever come close to his high standard.
RID: 715282
03/11/08 5 3 5 5 I cannot believe some or these people are so angry ..they obviously have a bias and an ax to grind before they even saw this doctor..he is honest, straightforward and vey professional is his demeanor, knowledge and explanation of the medical issues and problem as well as what HIS view is as to what can or cannot be done...clearly he is one of the best at what he does. He does not have to be a father confessor...I appreciate his candor and gentle smile and gentle exam technique..I have come to trust him as have several of my friends who swear by his excellence...obviously we will recommend to others and stay with him..those of you who are so inappropriately negative need to examine your inner needs and biases and go somewhere else... the rest of us can use the time you free up by spending more time with Dr. Leuchter....  Respond
RID: 634952
09/07/08 5 5 5 5 He is the most competent gyne/oncologist in the city.Thorough and with tremendous ability. He saved my life. I bless his hands. I don't know why people want a shrink in every doctor. Surgeons need to be surgeons. I guess if one needs a therapy session, one should seek out that treatment and use this fine doctor for the scientific part.  Respond
RID: 593716
19/05/08 5 3 5 5 Dr. Ronald Leuchter is one of the finest, most highly skilled doctors gyn/oncologists. He has saved my life at least four times. I hold him in the highest regard. He works very hard and his schedule is very full that is why there are long waits sometimes to see him. In my opinion it is well worth the wait time. I hear people in the waiting room singing his praises, he is the very best.  Respond

09/07/06 SYSTEM: 3 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
* - Rating left by a registered user