Rate Dr. Richard A. Williams

Dr. Richard A. Williams's Ratings

Horrible waiting time!!!!! No communication with waiting patience!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2014

Dr. Williams is the best of the best. Every single labor and delivery nurse I have spoken to raves about him. I see the negative comments on here but I can only speak from my experience which has been outstanding. My mom has been going to him for years and years also and has the highest of opinions of him. His PA - Tina - is wonderful and if you are having a normal pregnancy I would suggest making some of your appointments with her if you don't want to run the risk of waiting while he delivers a baby. He takes his time answering my questions and does so patiently and thoroughly - explaining everything in detail. He knows what he's doing. During my 2nd pregnancy I went to the ER on a Saturday am and the ER doc called dr williams who told the ER exactly how he wanted me treated(it was not labor or he would have come to the hospital). I've called his exchange at 5am on a Saturday and spoken to him directly. The peace of mind I have with him as my doc is priceless.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068904].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Don't give this office your information, they will make you an appointment and charge you 50 bucks for a "no show" I had know idea of my appt and in addition the high fee. They must be desperate for money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068903].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Williams for 6 years. He has always been fantastic. Yes the wait times can be long but like many others said its because he is delivering babies. The staff has gotten better about calling to reschedule before patients arrive if he is going to be really delayed. I had 2 miscarriages and he ordered losts of tests and lab work. Many doctors will not do that until you've sufferers 3. He was very kind when he had to break the bad news to me. I was able to have my baby girl by taking some medications that were recommended by him. I had to have a planned C-section due to Placenta Previa. He let me schedule it on a Friday that he was supposed to have off. It was a Holiday weekend and he still came to check on me all weekend. All the nurses had nothing but wonderful things to say about him. Many of the nurses are also his patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2011

Are you having a high risk pregnancy? Then go see Dr. Williams. Are you having a normal pregnancy? Then go find yourself a trusted midwife! Wait times at the office are absurdly long only to be seen by him for but a few minutes. He comes off as friendly and charismatic at first, but if you do anything he doesn't like or ask a "dumb" question he will become chauvinistic and condescending. The further along I got in my pregnancy, the worse he became. He got mad and said I was gaining too much weight and I only gained 25 pounds for the whole pregnancy which is NORMAL. My birth experience was ruined because I was pressured and bullied into being induced (it was my first baby). I was in painful Cytotec-induced labor for 18 hours and then ended up with a c-section, which probably would not have happened had I not been induced. If you want a natural birth (which I did), don't fool yourself. Stay away from Dr. Williams, all hospitals and get a midwife!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068901].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2011

Never on time and when he finally showed up, he lied about it. I was forced to find a new Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068900].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2011

i TRANSFERRED TO HIS OFFICE WITH HIGH RECOMMENDATIONS AND HAD A GOOD FIRST VISIT. EVERYTHING WAS PRETTY GOOD, I FELT GOOD. IN THE SECOND VISIT, I WAITED, WHICH IS COMMON AT AN OB OFFICE BUT LIKE SOMEONE SAID IT'S A VERY COMFORTABLE WAITING ROOM SO THAT WASN'T AN ISSUE. BUT THE VISIT WAS DISAPPOINTING. I FELT RUSHED,HE DIDN'T SEEM TO BE LISTENING AT ALL. THE WORST CAME LATER... I WENT FOR A TEST RECOMMENDED BY HIM. NEVER HEARD THE TEST RESULT FROM HIS OFFICE...WILL HEAR FROM US IN A WEEK. CALLED MORE THAN 10 TIMES...NO EXAGGERATION, HONEST AND FINALLY GOT THEM. NOW I AM HESITANT TO GO FOR SURGERY WITH HIM AS I WAS PLANNING. I AM NOT SURE WHICH SERVICE I WILL GET. WHAT IF I NEED HELP? WILL I HAVE TO CALL MULTIPLE TIMES TO TALK TO THE NURSE OR DOCTOR?????

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2010

He was great during my pregnancy, but horrible the day of delivery. He was in a rush to perform my c-section after my 2 day labor, and began the incision before my epidural took full effect. Despite me and the other doctor's requesting he stop, he kept on going. They had to completely knock me out and not only did I wake up in the recovery room alone, I didn't get to see my baby. He then left town to go on vacation and did not leave me with enough pain killers for the week. It was awful. He ruined my birth experience with his selfishness.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

Dr. Williams is great. We often wait a long time to see him, but it is always worth the wait. He will take whatever time is needed to address concerns and from my experience, he doesn't take enough vacations. He is dedicated to his work and seems to always be working. I would highly recommend Dr. Williams

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068897].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 17, 2009

He treated me very insensitively and was down right mean. He gave me a 30 second ultra sound and told me that my uterus was too small and my ovaries were dead. He came across as a woman hater and even made me sit there naked while he argued with my husband as to whether I was in full blown menopause even though I had never missed a period. He repeated called me by the wrong name and refused to give me a second blood test even though the name on the report was not mine. His staff is rude and the 3 hour wait was obscene. At least if he's going to be 3 hours late they could tell you he's not in the building rather then promising it's only another 5 minutes. I would birth in a gas station restroom before I saw him again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2068896].votes_count ]]