Dr. Richard A. Williams

Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Richard A. Williams has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5313575

27/03/14 2 1 1 4 Horrible waiting time!!!!! No communication with waiting patience!!!!  Respond
RID: 2673281
07/06/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Williams is the best of the best. Every single labor and delivery nurse I have spoken to raves about him. I see the negative comments on here but I can only speak from my experience which has been outstanding. My mom has been going to him for years and years also and has the highest of opinions of him. His PA - Tina - is wonderful and if you are having a normal pregnancy I would suggest making some of your appointments with her if you don't want to run the risk of waiting while he delivers a baby. He takes his time answering my questions and does so patiently and thoroughly - explaining everything in detail. He knows what he's doing. During my 2nd pregnancy I went to the ER on a Saturday am and the ER doc called dr williams who told the ER exactly how he wanted me treated(it was not labor or he would have come to the hospital). I've called his exchange at 5am on a Saturday and spoken to him directly. The peace of mind I have with him as my doc is priceless.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2489105
03/12/12 1 1 1 1 Don't give this office your information, they will make you an appointment and charge you 50 bucks for a "no show" I had know idea of my appt and in addition the high fee. They must be desperate for money.
Paid (or co-pay): $50
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Richard" to "Richard A."
RID: 1533926
09/09/11 3 3 4 5 I have been seeing Dr Williams for 6 years. He has always been fantastic. Yes the wait times can be long but like many others said its because he is delivering babies. The staff has gotten better about calling to reschedule before patients arrive if he is going to be really delayed. I had 2 miscarriages and he ordered losts of tests and lab work. Many doctors will not do that until you've sufferers 3. He was very kind when he had to break the bad news to me. I was able to have my baby girl by taking some medications that were recommended by him. I had to have a planned C-section due to Placenta Previa. He let me schedule it on a Friday that he was supposed to have off. It was a Holiday weekend and he still came to check on me all weekend. All the nurses had nothing but wonderful things to say about him. Many of the nurses are also his patients.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1528249
02/09/11 3 2 3 4 Are you having a high risk pregnancy? Then go see Dr. Williams. Are you having a normal pregnancy? Then go find yourself a trusted midwife! Wait times at the office are absurdly long only to be seen by him for but a few minutes. He comes off as friendly and charismatic at first, but if you do anything he doesn't like or ask a "dumb" question he will become chauvinistic and condescending. The further along I got in my pregnancy, the worse he became. He got mad and said I was gaining too much weight and I only gained 25 pounds for the whole pregnancy which is NORMAL. My birth experience was ruined because I was pressured and bullied into being induced (it was my first baby). I was in painful Cytotec-induced labor for 18 hours and then ended up with a c-section, which probably would not have happened had I not been induced. If you want a natural birth (which I did), don't fool yourself. Stay away from Dr. Williams, all hospitals and get a midwife!!
RID: 1500034
30/07/11 2 1 4 4 Never on time and when he finally showed up, he lied about it. I was forced to find a new Dr.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $30
RID: 1249248
13/09/10 2 3 3 3 i TRANSFERRED TO HIS OFFICE WITH HIGH RECOMMENDATIONS AND HAD A GOOD FIRST VISIT. EVERYTHING WAS PRETTY GOOD, I FELT GOOD. IN THE SECOND VISIT, I WAITED, WHICH IS COMMON AT AN OB OFFICE BUT LIKE SOMEONE SAID IT'S A VERY COMFORTABLE WAITING ROOM SO THAT WASN'T AN ISSUE. BUT THE VISIT WAS DISAPPOINTING. I FELT RUSHED,HE DIDN'T SEEM TO BE LISTENING AT ALL. THE WORST CAME LATER... I WENT FOR A TEST RECOMMENDED BY HIM. NEVER HEARD THE TEST RESULT FROM HIS OFFICE...WILL HEAR FROM US IN A WEEK. CALLED MORE THAN 10 TIMES...NO EXAGGERATION, HONEST AND FINALLY GOT THEM. NOW I AM HESITANT TO GO FOR SURGERY WITH HIM AS I WAS PLANNING. I AM NOT SURE WHICH SERVICE I WILL GET. WHAT IF I NEED HELP? WILL I HAVE TO CALL MULTIPLE TIMES TO TALK TO THE NURSE OR DOCTOR?????  Respond
RID: 1210853
19/07/10 3 1 1 3 He was great during my pregnancy, but horrible the day of delivery. He was in a rush to perform my c-section after my 2 day labor, and began the incision before my epidural took full effect. Despite me and the other doctor's requesting he stop, he kept on going. They had to completely knock me out and not only did I wake up in the recovery room alone, I didn't get to see my baby. He then left town to go on vacation and did not leave me with enough pain killers for the week. It was awful. He ruined my birth experience with his selfishness.
RID: 1059495
17/12/09 3 2 5 5 Dr. Williams is great. We often wait a long time to see him, but it is always worth the wait. He will take whatever time is needed to address concerns and from my experience, he doesn't take enough vacations. He is dedicated to his work and seems to always be working. I would highly recommend Dr. Williams
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 905826
05/06/09 1 1 1 1 He treated me very insensitively and was down right mean. He gave me a 30 second ultra sound and told me that my uterus was too small and my ovaries were dead. He came across as a woman hater and even made me sit there naked while he argued with my husband as to whether I was in full blown menopause even though I had never missed a period. He repeated called me by the wrong name and refused to give me a second blood test even though the name on the report was not mine. His staff is rude and the 3 hour wait was obscene. At least if he's going to be 3 hours late they could tell you he's not in the building rather then promising it's only another 5 minutes. I would birth in a gas station restroom before I saw him again.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 765252
15/01/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Williams is an excellent doctor. He takes his time with you and doesnt make you feel rushed and will answer all questions. Yes there can be a long wait but he is well worth it and it is usually because he is delivering a baby. I will take the wait if that means he will be there to deliver my baby too and he was!! I highly recommend Dr. Williams! He got nothing but compliments from the delivery and post partum staff at the hospital I delivered at. And for the person who complained about him taking vacations..very rude to complain about that! All doctors deserve a vacation. He is hard working and deserves a vacation! Shame on you for being so appalled about this!
Insurance: HealthPartners
RID: 745333
17/12/08 5 3 5 5 Dr. Williams seems committed to providing good service. Wiat periods can be lengthy, however, he has taken many of the patients of a former colleague.
RID: 707713
23/10/08 5 1 5 5 Dr. Williams is a great doctor (his patients don't get called "princesses" for nothing), but be prepared to wait. The longest I've waited was more than 2 hours. Even when you get called in you may still wait in the examination room.
RID: 594675
21/05/08 5 2 5 5 His punctuality is not so good because he has a habit of delivering babies when they decide to come (o: Otherwise, he's great!  Respond
RID: 365212
12/07/07 4 2 5 5 Dr. Williams is the best doctor around. You will have to wait a long time for appointments. I always set aside two hours for an appointment. But, he is worth the wait... the secret is out!
RID: 55735
11/11/06 3 5 5 Dr. Williams has been my OB for years. I first went to him in the middle of my first pregnacy. He noticed right away issues with my pregnacy that had been complete ignored by my previous doctor. He is very friendly, takes his time with each patient, and he knows his stuff. I would recommend him to any women having a baby especially if it is a high risk pregancy. Their does tend to be a wait to see him, but his waiting room is comfortable. If you need a routine check-up his Physician Assistant is very capable and the wait is not as long. I highly recommend Dr. Williams.
Insurance: Pacificare
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 31109
28/05/06 3 5 5 Dr. Williams is an amazing and thorough physician. He has a thriving practice and is very well known for his excellence. It is true that you might experience long waiting times at Dr. Williams' office, but that is because he has many patients and is most likely off delivering a baby. His staff is always very good about updating with his ETA and will ask if you would like to reschedule or see his PA. I am okay with waiting knowing that if it is me who is having a baby, he will be there with me too. To comment on the vacation issue that a previous person mentioned, it is true, Dr. Williams takes a lengthy vacation each year, but it is always in August and it is within the same timeframe each year. It is rare that he is not available for a consult at any time of the day or night and I have had three complicated pregnancies and deliveries with him. I can't remember more than one weekend in where Dr. Williams was not on call. The best OB in the world needs a break occasionally.
RID: 14870
10/11/05 2 3 2 He may appear friendly and has charisma but, not that thorough in his work in the long run. Expect a long wait even during appointments. Takes periodic, long vacations often as told by former patients (with diff. due dates/months) who gave birth by other dr's when he was away; professionalism needs much to be desired.
Insurance: HealthPartners