Dr. Christian Veillette

Rate Dr. Christian Veillette

Dr. Christian Veillette's Ratings

Had my shoulder replaced 6 1/2 weeks ago. Amazing. Can't say enough about my new one. Pain was minimal considering the procedure that was done. As stated in prior review, he is worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

I had a rotator caff tear (4cm) in two ligaments due to basket ball injury last year.After research on many orthopedic surgeons , Dr veillette name came top of the list .on first visit he did mentioned that i get only 87% of my shoulder function due to my age and severity of injury .It is six months post surgery and i feel 98% improved.there is a big waiting list ,but he is the best in his field ,its worth to wait as long as (according to himself) its not passed more than six months post injury to have the surgery. also lisa (his assistance ) was very professional and helpful.many thanks

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

I had elbow problems, pain, loss of range of motion., etc. etc. that worsened over 20 years. Yes Dr. Veillette may be direct and to the point but he does know his stuff. Simple put, he gave me back the ability to throw a baseball / football with my son. Even, after other surgeons told me that not much could be done. If you need your hand held then don't go to him. If you want a dedicated, well informed, up to date surgeon then do.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2529303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Dr. Veillette is a very knowledgeable and skillful surgeon. He will not sugarcoat anything for you and treats you like a patient, which is what you are. He is very straight and to the point. The best way to communicate with him is via email, which he responds to very quickly. His assistant, Lisa, is very attentive and easy to work with. He performed clavicle surgery on me and I am happy with the results. I would recommend Dr. Veillette for anyone unfortunate enough to have a serious shoulder injury. Just don't expect to be pampered. Surgeons are busy people. They are there to help and they truly do care, but there is a job to be done and that's what their goal is.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][799930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

Dr. Veillette is a top notch surgeon. He is confident in what he does, and has a no-nonsense attitude but knows his stuff very well. He is great in that he will email you back if you have any questions and doesn't alarm you unnecessarily. I was operated on a month ago as my shoulder would dislocate in my sleep! I truly trust him and already in 1 month am on my way to a stronger shoulder. As someone below said, he's very innovative and resourceful. He comes very highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][799929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Although I was nervous of idea of needing surgery, Dr. Viellette made me feel comfortable the whole way through. By the time my surgery came I wasn't even nervous. Bottom line, before the surgery, my shoulder would dislocate from the most menial physical actions. Post-surgery, I feel stronger than ever. I am able to play sports again without injury and am even on my way to becoming a police officer. I owe a lot to Dr. Veillette for giving me my life back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][799928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Dr.Veillette is a straight to it no BS person. Extremely brilliant at his profession, I am very happy that I had the privilege of being able to have rotator cuff surgery done by him. I can only imagine the negative feelings some had of him are based on them expecting a doctor to be full of sympathy. He treats his patients like people, not like infants in a daycare.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][799927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 18, 2012

I agree completely with those who thought Dr. Veillette was arrogant and NOT AT ALL HELPFUL! I broke my elbow (which was not diagnosed correctly by X-Rays in the 1st place) & then once I pushed for an MRI they finally saw 4 weeks later - "oh yeah, its broken- not much we can do now- come back in 8 weeks". But the bigger problem was soft tissue damage, which does not necessarily show up on an X-ray/MRI. 8 weeks later Dr. Veillette did a quick exam (painfully wrenching my arm all over the place) & says the MRI doesn't show any tears so come back in 8 weeks. AGAIN??? No advise on how to treat it - nothing. Not only that, but he made me feel like abosolute crap...he actually said that "doing more tests would be a waste of tax payers money". It's now been over 16 weeks since the accident & my arm is still MESSED UP. He may be a good surgeon, but unless the injury is straightforward & obvious, he isn't interested in helping you. In my opinion seeing him is a waste of tax payers $.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][799926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 26, 2012

I visited Dr Veillette today and came away very impressed. Staff was very friendly. The wait was not long at all compared to the knee specialist I had to see a few years back. Doctor was friendy and extremely informative. All in all, a great experience. Highly recommend this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][799925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2012

Amazing knowledge an skill. He had one look at the MRI taken of my completely torn rotator cuff and said: I can do it. If you are looking for compassion and fuzzy feedback, go to another doctor

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][799924].votes_count ]]