You may also like

Rate Dr. Christian Veillette

Dr. Christian Veillette's Ratings

I feel very fortunate to have been lucky enough to have been operated on by Dr Veillette and his team. I broke my shoulder in a very weird way that made other doctors seem confused. When Dr V saw the xray he seemed excited anout the surgery which was comforting. I had never had surgery before so was nervous and wanted to go back to my parents in Saskatchewan to get it. He found trusted colleagues there and offered me one of them or him, due to the nature of the fracture being difficult. I chose Dr Veillette and I am so thankful! He rushedy surgery due to its nature and is always available via email. He amdwered all my questions clear and concise and his anesthetic team were incredible. Everyone made me feel so comfortable. Im still recovering but it's only been 3 days and I'm in very minimal pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2782165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

Amazing surgeon! I had a completely torn rotator cuff at age 71 and he rebuilt it in a long surgery. Now, 3 years later, I play tennis (including a fairly good serve) and golf just like before.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2755643].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

I can not say enough about his good bedside manner. Rebuilt a shattered humorous where others would not have even tried.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2730436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Dr Veillette was seeing me to re do a very botched torn labrum surgery a year earlier. He was excellent, cleaned up my problems and I am in great shape 2 years later. His communication and care were excellent. Mv

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2722926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2015

Had my shoulder replaced 6 1/2 weeks ago. Amazing. Can't say enough about my new one. Pain was minimal considering the procedure that was done. As stated in prior review, he is worth the wait.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2606232].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 4, 2014

I had a rotator caff tear (4cm) in two ligaments due to basket ball injury last year.After research on many orthopedic surgeons , Dr veillette name came top of the list .on first visit he did mentioned that i get only 87% of my shoulder function due to my age and severity of injury .It is six months post surgery and i feel 98% improved.there is a big waiting list ,but he is the best in his field ,its worth to wait as long as (according to himself) its not passed more than six months post injury to have the surgery. also lisa (his assistance ) was very professional and helpful.many thanks

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

I had elbow problems, pain, loss of range of motion., etc. etc. that worsened over 20 years. Yes Dr. Veillette may be direct and to the point but he does know his stuff. Simple put, he gave me back the ability to throw a baseball / football with my son. Even, after other surgeons told me that not much could be done. If you need your hand held then don't go to him. If you want a dedicated, well informed, up to date surgeon then do.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2529303].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Dr. Veillette is a very knowledgeable and skillful surgeon. He will not sugarcoat anything for you and treats you like a patient, which is what you are. He is very straight and to the point. The best way to communicate with him is via email, which he responds to very quickly. His assistant, Lisa, is very attentive and easy to work with. He performed clavicle surgery on me and I am happy with the results. I would recommend Dr. Veillette for anyone unfortunate enough to have a serious shoulder injury. Just don't expect to be pampered. Surgeons are busy people. They are there to help and they truly do care, but there is a job to be done and that's what their goal is.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][799930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2013

Dr. Veillette is a top notch surgeon. He is confident in what he does, and has a no-nonsense attitude but knows his stuff very well. He is great in that he will email you back if you have any questions and doesn't alarm you unnecessarily. I was operated on a month ago as my shoulder would dislocate in my sleep! I truly trust him and already in 1 month am on my way to a stronger shoulder. As someone below said, he's very innovative and resourceful. He comes very highly recommended!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][799929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Although I was nervous of idea of needing surgery, Dr. Viellette made me feel comfortable the whole way through. By the time my surgery came I wasn't even nervous. Bottom line, before the surgery, my shoulder would dislocate from the most menial physical actions. Post-surgery, I feel stronger than ever. I am able to play sports again without injury and am even on my way to becoming a police officer. I owe a lot to Dr. Veillette for giving me my life back.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][799928].votes_count ]]