Rate Dr. Deborah Van Vliet

Dr. Deborah Van Vliet's Ratings

I am beyond satisfied by the quality, effort and support I received from the entire Van Vliet Clinic. My experience was phenomenal and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2697108].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2015

I did not find Dr. Van Vliet rude.I had abdominoplasty. I am very happy with my result She took the time to explain what to expect after the operation. The staff were awesome. I would highly recommend Dr. Van Vliet to anyone. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2674119].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2015

I do have to agree with the rude comment. There was no patience and definitely no warmth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2671880].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

Dr V is not rude, she is confident and professional. Dr V does not have an attitude, she is busy, highly committed and sought after. If you are looking for a breast reduction surgeon who is 100% confident in what she does, will tell you in no uncertain terms how the surgery will benefit you - or not, who will impart ALL the information without your having to remember to ask, and who will deliver exactly what she promises, then Dr. van Vliet is the perfect choice. If you need to be coddled and schmoozed, she may be too pressed for time to sit, hold your hand, reassure you and repeat herself. Go in prepared to listen, she will cover everything and then some. My experience was top notch from top to bottom. I am 5 weeks post op from a breast reduction, feel completely satisfied and would highly recommend Dr. van Vliet.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2671673].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2015

This doctor is rude. She doesn't want to listen to you; she wants to be the speaker and dismiss your concerns and disregard the reasons you are seeking a plastic surgeon in the first place. I wanted a lump under my chin removed and a sun spot on my temple removed and she basically said that the lump was nothing compared to the condition of the rest of my complexion and said she might have to scrape the keratosis off. Well, $1400 later neither of my main issues have been corrected. During my follow up appointment she never mentioned a word about the two complaints that led me to seek her expertise and she only viewed my skin from across the desk (I had PDT done). She just smiled and said it looked a bit better and she foolishly assumed I was satisfied. I thought there's no point telling her otherwise except I did mention I might have another session of PDT although I didn't say it wouldn't be back at this place. The aesthetician is nice but I'll be giving another doctor my money because it seems like all she cares about is the money and not the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2670501].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2015

I was very satisfied with the breast reduction that Dr. Van Vliet performed for me a year ago. She told me exactly what to expect which made the experience a very positive one. I am so thrilled to literally have the 'weight taken off my shoulders'! Thanks for the excellent job. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614443].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

Dr. Van vliet was rude and condescending towards me after my surgery. She was great before hand, but as soon as the cheque came through, she was rude, short with me, and condescending. The day of my surgery, she was 4 hours late to discharge me from the hospital, A week after my surgery, it was time to take the bandages off. I left her office feeling uncomfortable under my left breast. A few days later I noticed she had left some sterile strips full of old blood under my breast. Seemed like she missed it, as she was rushing me through the appointment. Three weeks after that appointment, I had a second follow up appointment. My breasts were noticeably two different sizes, my nipples were completely off. My left nipple was at least half an inch lower than the nipple on my right. Things were looking bad and I was horrified. Van vliet told me that I should be "happy with what I have now, because what I started off with wasn't that great." And that "I should be pleased that OHIP decided to cover my surgery because without them, I'd still be left with large breasts." Also she threatened me with printing off a before picture to show me "how bad" my breasts were before. All with a rude tone in her voice, belittling my nerves about my own body. Needless to say I left my appointment feeling hopeless, but remembering to give myself time to heal. My scars now are thick and jagged, even around my nipples, and I have zero feeling left. It has been 8 months since the date of surgery, and I have never gotten a call from their office for my 6 month follow up appointment. I am disappointed in her lack of empathy and care for patients in my situation. I wish I had done some more review before running to the first surgeon my NP recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612072].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2014

Dr. Vanvliet did a great job of taking care of me. She answered my questions and took the time to explain things clearly to me. Her office staff were awesome. Thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533279].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Great experience, I had no worries and felt well cared for in a competent manner and very pleased with my results, thanks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

I came to Dr. van Vliet on a referral from my friend, also a patient. I had been to two other surgeons before Dr. van Vliet (both male) and decided to go with Dr. van Viet because I right away felt that she is not only very knowledgeable and gifted with her hands, but also a strong and trustworthy person. It was also important to me that she is a women and has the first hand understanding of the female body. She was fantastic! Gentle, no bruising whatsoever and my recovery was way better than I had ever imagined it would be. Dr. van Vliet checked up on me after my surgery and emailed me back quickly, if I had any concerns. I have no regrets, beyond thrilled about my results and have Dr. van Vliet to thank for it. I highly recommend!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527757].votes_count ]]