Rate Dr. W. William Shay

Dr. W. William Shay's Ratings

I very recently switched to Dr. Shay after a close friend recommended him. I am beyond happy with the service and care here, I just cannot say enough good things. Dr. Shay is what every medical professional should be like. He spent a great deal of time talking with me, and it was evident that he truly cares about each patient. He took the time to explain each and every aspect of care with me, and both asked and listened to my personal preferences when it came to medications. The first thing he did was order a complete blood work panel for me, which showed I had several vitamin deficiencies. He is not condescending, and makes the experience feel very personal. He is not there to push pills - he is truly interested in finding the best health care solution for you as an individual. He respects holistic methods, and stressed that there is no magic pill - your health is a result of your overall lifestyle. I am so happy to have him as my doctor! He is the polar opposite of my previous Doctor, my only regret is that I didn't make the change sooner. The staff was friendly and very helpful as well.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

The staff at FLEETWOOD IS AWFUL. It's not worth going to see Dr. Shay because of them. I have never seen such ugly, unprofessional people. I guess when a practice gets taken over by an outside corporation, as another person mentioned in their reviews, things really do go downhill.

Submitted Aug. 9, 2014 | flag

He's been my PCP for a year now; is very down to earth and to the point with you; he does blood work to see what you body is being deprived of and never once yet has written me off with a pharmaceutical solution; he genuinely cares about your body and how it is functioning, something rare to find this day and age; he's got me pumped up on a lot of vitamins and minerals - the right ones; and i don't mind. for the first time ever i can say that i'm happy with my pcp

Submitted June 5, 2014 | flag

The staff is happy and helpful. The doctor is kind and very experienced. He also knows a lot about other types of treatments like acupuncture. I would recommend him to anyone for their family doctor.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2012 | flag

HAVE ALL THE FAITH IN THIS DOCTOR AND STAFF,ALWAYS PROMPT AND COURTEOUS SERVICE.HEY I'M STIILL ON THIS SIDE OF THE GRASS MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!

Submitted May 14, 2012 | flag

Dr. Shay was a great, until his practice was taken over by an outside corporation. Then things went downhill, his attitude changed and the billing became horrendous with all kinds of errors. When we complained, his attitude was, I don't pay attention to that and it was the corporations fault. Wish he was still the same old Doctor we started with so many years ago.

Submitted March 8, 2012 | flag

I have known Dr. Shay for over 30 years. I have never been tempted to go elsewhere. I have always felt he had my best interest in mind, regardless of Ins.policies. Thanks Doc. You and your staff are the best! John Ball Sr.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Shay since I was a child. He now sees our entire extended family. We could not be more pleased with our PCP. The kiddos all the way to my elderly grandmother all love Dr. Shay. It is like he is part of our family. He is a genuine doctor and friend that is nearly impossible to find in a physician of this day and age.

Submitted May 10, 2011 | flag

Myself, my husband, and our 3 children all see Dr. Shay. He is simply wonderful! His manner is compassionate and honest...we all feel very comfortable under his care!

Submitted Nov. 17, 2009 | flag

I've been going to Dr Shay for many, many years. My husband and child also go to him. He's wonderful. Very patient, honest and kind. He tells it like it is and is caring. Wonderful with children. Most of his staff is delightful too.

Submitted Oct. 12, 2009 | flag