Rate Dr. Mathew Vanolm

Dr. Mathew Vanolm's Ratings

the only test i needed when i saw dr van olm was a cat scan.he gave me every test but that one. sent me home with puffers for asthma.told me i was fine and to take expensive vitamins he perscribed. WELL THE DR WHO DIAGNOSED ME WITH STAGE4 CANCER A YEAR LATER WAS SHOCKED.HE SAID ALL YOU HAD NEEDED WAS A CAT SCAN.so if i were you i would run to the nearest dr. and get a second opinion.yes he may be polite and friendly, but polite and friendly does not save lives. i believed him when he said i had asthma.ALWAYS GET A SECOND OPINION.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563573].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Dr. Van Olm is one of the kindest and most insightful doctor I've had the pleasure of dealing with. He saw beyond my condition that there were other things bothering me that weren't lung related. He is booked quite solid and spends a fair amount of time with his patients, which is why he is sometimes behind schedule, he does his very best to stay on schedule. I was given every test possible to diagnose a chronic cough I have and it came up clear. Great doctors are difficult to find and if you see him, I'm sure you'll agree. His knowledge extends far beyond his specialty. I always leave his office feeling good but worry about when he might retire. Sometimes his office staff drops the ball with scheduling, but they are very busy so things like that can and will happen. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][800809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

Hands down the best doctor ever. We went through numerous tests when I was super sick and found out I don't have asthma and all my symptoms were GERD related. That was a year ago. He is still seeing me because I'm still having a lot of health problems and don't feel good. A doctor who actually cares about the patient is far and few behind. Dr van Olm has gone much past what he was expected to being a respiralogist and I am very grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][800808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2012

Dr Van Olm is the 6th specialist I saw in a year. He spent a lot of time on my case and came up with some ideas for diagnosis and treatment. He referred me to his wife (Dr.Soriano) for alternative treatment)Fortunately after a year of puzzled doctors and my inability to do most normal things, they cured me with alternative therapy. I am very thankful for them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][800807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2011

Having seen other doctors for my condition (sarcoidosis type 2) I feel that Dr. Van Olm realy cares about my health. He is takes the time to ask about my overall health (and other conditions) and makes very helpful recommendations. I feel very safe in his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][800806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

Excellent doctor. He read my medical chart carefully while I was in the appointment, and then educated me with regard to how to stop my cough, as well as gave me advice on a few other things I could do to improve my health. He did not push inhalers or steroids, but encouraged natural methods and action on my part. I feel better than I have felt for TWO YEARS due to this doctor. I recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][800805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

A former patient of Dr. Van Olm & I called today to make an appt - was told that they moved - no access to former client files so I have to start the process with a new referral - my husband, my son, my mother, my aunt - all patients - too bad so sad! Very poor in my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][800804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2010

Dr. Van Olm is not about mediocrity. My daughter was born with cancer 26 years ago. I have met and interacted with incomparable medical people, as well as been challenged in horrible times by incompetent or lazy doctors and staff. Given my experience, Dr. Van Olm's bootprints outsize most. He limited harm and invasive procedures. Dr. Matt Van Olm will diagnose medically, on a level seldom seen anywhere, all the while being tuned to the individuality of his patient. Picture now, my daughter. She's been in more than a few hospitals and had many doctors, survived a deadly childhood cancer. She's out bush, riding her beautiful grey horse, Hibiscus. Hibiscus spooks, comes back and then spooks again and falls backwards, Onto her back, where my daughter is. Broken. Everywhere. Again, more doctors, hospital time and agony, hard because of remembered emotional trauma. Luckily, a lung was punctured and we met Dr. Van Olm. Never has medical care been delivered with such distinction.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][800803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2009

I was admitted to RGH with pnuemonia. The doctor in the ED wasn't Matt, but the quality of care in the ED was over brimming with very sick people was as expected.VanOlm's bedside manner was far better than some people to say the least. I made an appt 2 months down the road to follow up with him,the blood tests he did was not nessarily needed, if he had only asked me I would of been able to save him the time and the money that would of cost the AHC. I think people need to investigate what asthma is, learn about it and then be prepared when you see him. The fact that some people would rather blame others when in fact all they had to do was look it up. I've been an advocate for a very long time. I was a part of the Alta Lung Association and served on their board of Directors in the late 80's early 90's. I know more about Asthma, pneumonia and I think people should continously read on every subject if need be,since during cold winters is when this can happen to you or someone you know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][800802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2008

If I would have continued to see him, I would have died. He mistakenly fed me tons of asthma meds. Luckily I went to the mayo clinic and was diagnosed with Bronchial Cancer. The surgeon even told me this doctor is an idiot because my blockage was only only one lung not both, therefore could not be asthma, so he doesnt even know how to use a stethescope. He was rude when I questioned him about anything, just wanted to give me more stronger inhalers. He should be disbarred from practicing. Is shocking how much credit this man gets but really he is very uncaring and unprofessional and I warn you to be very careful going to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][800801].votes_count ]]