Rate Dr. J. Marshall Dent

Dr. J. Marshall Dent's Ratings

I just drove two hours to see this doctor and it was well worth the wait. He is extremely knowledgable on bio identical hormones and nutrition. He spends time with you and makes you feel very important. I have never had this kind of experience with a doctor in my life. He has changed my opinion of the medical profession. I wish there were more like him out there!

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

Dr Dent was able to diagnosis and correct a hormonal imbalance I had been dealing with for the past 15 years. I had seen many doctors through out the USA and never felt like my old self after my hysterectomy. He spent a great deal of time with me and listening carefully to my history. He truly cared about getting me better. He treats the patient not a set of lab values! I would recommend him to any woman that feels like she is a shell of the woman she use to be. You may have to wait a bit, but once you see him in his office he is totally focused in on you and your condition. He is a true diamond in the rough. Women of Florence you don't know how lucky you are to have a doctor like Dr. Dent. I saw him in Columbia and trust me I have seen many doctors and none compare to his bedside skills.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014 | flag

I will NEVER go back to Dr. Dent. He diagnosed me with problems that I don't have. He told me I had something wrong with my brain after I said "I like eating" and right away he prescribed me something. He had me on 7 or 8 different meds! I am only on 3 now with my new doctor. Also his waiting room is always slam packed. He has SO many patients! I also told him one time that I have trouble urinating in public places on occasion like a million people do. He had me take a bladder test and the nurse filled my bladder with COLD water!! It was horrible!!! I almost passed out! And one time I told the nurse at the weight clinic that I wanted a certain nurse to take my blood and someone I didn't know basically held me down and told me to suck it up so she can insert the needle. She did a horrible job it hurt so bad! And I almost fainted. They yelled at me because I was feeling weak and lightheaded. I've never had a single good experience with Dr. Dent or his staff!! I'll NEVER go back!!!!!!

Submitted Oct. 20, 2012 | flag

worst experience ever. everything is all about the fees. upsells and extra tests. very poor bedside manner.

Submitted July 31, 2012 | flag

I converted over to Dr. Dent after a bad experience with a previous gynecologist. From the 2 visits Ive had, I gathered he is very well mannered and concerned. Yes, the staff can be a little more professional and the wait period could have been shorter, but overall I like Dr. Dent. The one on one with him in his office just tops everything. He made me feel welcome and comfortable with the diagnosis provided and the procedures were easy to follow and affordable.

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

I am changing to a different doctor asap! I don't like his care and treatment of me while I was pregnant, labor, delivery and postpartum! I don't trust him anymore!

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012 | flag

Horrible Doctor, slow, unprofesional, Staff is poorly trained. Talk about the patients saying this that should not be said.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dent seems to be a nice doctor but he's a pill pusher. Everytime I would go for a check up, I need a pill for something. He diganosed me with Hypothyroidism and prescribed the medicine. Then he diganosed me with HPV. He strugged it off like nothing. I'm balling my eyes out and he was all nonchalant about it, "oh, its just an STD." He didn't even try to console me and tell me about this disease. He just rushed me out of the door and on to the next client. Long story short, went to another doctor when I moved. Advised him that I was diganosed with all this stuff. Got tested again. Results came back that I do not have hypothyroidism and I do not have HPV.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2011 | flag

I've been a patient since 2001, and have always found Dr. Dent to be kind, and concerned, and compassionate and wants me to feel good. The staff has always been kind, he's a busy doctor, busy practice, bring a book or magazine and relax and read while you wait, it's worth the wait to have a doctor who cares about you. I recently had a complete hysterectomy, and now 3 months later I'm doing great and feel better than ever with the hormone therapy I'm taking, and would recommend him to anyone having female problems.

Submitted March 28, 2011 | flag

I love Dr. Dent as my doctor.He has never done anything wrong to meor my kids.He delivered both of my girls. The other doctor the i went to in carolinas hospital was nota good doctor.I should have just went to dr. Dent in the first place with my second pregnacy. eventually, i went to him and i love the way he sits there and talk to me and my boyfriend about how the baby is dong and everything. he is a very nice doctor and i would recommend him to anybody. When i get pregnant again, thats where i am going back to. So everybody that is on here talking bad about him, it is not true.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2010 | flag