Rate Dr. J. Marshall Dent

Dr. J. Marshall Dent's Ratings

Best doctor in Florence hands down! He is very through and addressed all my concerns and spent a lot of time with me. Dr. Dent is into prevention of disease which is rare to find today. He helped me lose 50 pounds by addressing many issues that were making it difficult for me to lose any weight. I feel great and he truly cares about his patients. I would recommend to any one looking for the complete doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2587855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Dent by a friend in Greenville, SC. He is very knowledgable about hormones and balance of hormones. He has helped more than any of the doctors I have seen for the past 30 years. I would recomend any one to see him. It is well worth the drive. Thank you Dr. Dent you gave me back my life!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2583488].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 18, 2014

I just drove two hours to see this doctor and it was well worth the wait. He is extremely knowledgable on bio identical hormones and nutrition. He spends time with you and makes you feel very important. I have never had this kind of experience with a doctor in my life. He has changed my opinion of the medical profession. I wish there were more like him out there!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2489175].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

Dr Dent was able to diagnosis and correct a hormonal imbalance I had been dealing with for the past 15 years. I had seen many doctors through out the USA and never felt like my old self after my hysterectomy. He spent a great deal of time with me and listening carefully to my history. He truly cared about getting me better. He treats the patient not a set of lab values! I would recommend him to any woman that feels like she is a shell of the woman she use to be. You may have to wait a bit, but once you see him in his office he is totally focused in on you and your condition. He is a true diamond in the rough. Women of Florence you don't know how lucky you are to have a doctor like Dr. Dent. I saw him in Columbia and trust me I have seen many doctors and none compare to his bedside skills.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2488236].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

I will NEVER go back to Dr. Dent. He diagnosed me with problems that I don't have. He told me I had something wrong with my brain after I said "I like eating" and right away he prescribed me something. He had me on 7 or 8 different meds! I am only on 3 now with my new doctor. Also his waiting room is always slam packed. He has SO many patients! I also told him one time that I have trouble urinating in public places on occasion like a million people do. He had me take a bladder test and the nurse filled my bladder with COLD water!! It was horrible!!! I almost passed out! And one time I told the nurse at the weight clinic that I wanted a certain nurse to take my blood and someone I didn't know basically held me down and told me to suck it up so she can insert the needle. She did a horrible job it hurt so bad! And I almost fainted. They yelled at me because I was feeling weak and lightheaded. I've never had a single good experience with Dr. Dent or his staff!! I'll NEVER go back!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][801416].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 20, 2012

worst experience ever. everything is all about the fees. upsells and extra tests. very poor bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][801412].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

I converted over to Dr. Dent after a bad experience with a previous gynecologist. From the 2 visits Ive had, I gathered he is very well mannered and concerned. Yes, the staff can be a little more professional and the wait period could have been shorter, but overall I like Dr. Dent. The one on one with him in his office just tops everything. He made me feel welcome and comfortable with the diagnosis provided and the procedures were easy to follow and affordable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][801413].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

I am changing to a different doctor asap! I don't like his care and treatment of me while I was pregnant, labor, delivery and postpartum! I don't trust him anymore!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][801411].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 5, 2012

Horrible Doctor, slow, unprofesional, Staff is poorly trained. Talk about the patients saying this that should not be said.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][801415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

Dr. Dent seems to be a nice doctor but he's a pill pusher. Everytime I would go for a check up, I need a pill for something. He diganosed me with Hypothyroidism and prescribed the medicine. Then he diganosed me with HPV. He strugged it off like nothing. I'm balling my eyes out and he was all nonchalant about it, "oh, its just an STD." He didn't even try to console me and tell me about this disease. He just rushed me out of the door and on to the next client. Long story short, went to another doctor when I moved. Advised him that I was diganosed with all this stuff. Got tested again. Results came back that I do not have hypothyroidism and I do not have HPV.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][801414].votes_count ]]