Rate Dr. Marc Webster

Dr. Marc Webster's Ratings

When I was first diagnosed, I was told that I would need a lumpectomy and radiation. I was so relieved that I wouldn't need the dreaded chemotherapy. When my surgical pathology came back, it was worse then originally thought and I would need chemo. I was terrified. I met with Dr. Webster whose first words were "we're going for the cure". He gave me hope, calmed my fears, answered the multitude of questions I had and I left feeling like I had won the lottery when it came to doctors. Many doctors forget that there are actual people behind the sickness but Dr. Webster gets that you should treat the person first,because when you do so,treating the illness becomes somewhat easier. We laughed at every appointment. I would arrive feeling sick and left feeling better, always. I trusted him with my life, and found that because I was in great hands, all I needed to do was focus on getting through treatment....one day at a time. I would recommend this man to anyone who has cancer, is terrified, and is looking for the best treatment possible for both their cancer, and their soul. Teri C.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2679490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 parotid cancer. It was treated with radiation and chemotherapy but was only able to shrink the Tumor a small amount. A year after when doing a scan, Dr. Webster noticed there were specks in his upper lungs and larger tumors in the bottom lungs. They did another round of a different chemotherapy but my dad returned a few weeks later with pain the shoulders and back and shortness of breath. Dr. Webster is a kind doctor but he said the pain was probably just the chemotherapy attacking the tumors and did not check the lungs. A few weeks later the pain and breathing got so bad my dad called the ambulance and found that his left lung was 90% filled with fluid and if we waited a bit longer my dad might of had a collapsed lung. I was disappointed that when my dad showed symptoms, he did not do a thorough check up. After spending a month in the hospital with a chest tube my dad returned home and continued to see Dr. Hao and Dr. Webster again who told us there is no further treatment and recommended us to try clinical trials in Edmonton. After waiting another 1 month on a wait list and 1 month of doing tests and follow ups they told my dad he was not eligible for any trials. By then my dad's symptoms have gotten so bad he couldn't even walk to the washroom by himself because he would breath so heavy. We returned to Calgay and Dr. Webster was thorough then and provided my dad with medicines and oxygen to help him breath. But a week later my dad passed away and overall my family had a frusturing time with health care but appreciate that they were there for us as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2666428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 30, 2014

Dr. Webster is my current oncologist. I needed a doctor who is caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. Dr. Webster is all of that I am so thankful that God blessed me with such a fine, young man. He took the time to listen to my concerns. Some days when I was so sad he took the time to spend with me. He is exactly the type of doctor that I needed during my cancer. He also recommended Effexor to help me with my hot flashes, due to being on Tamoxifen, and what a difference it made. I slept much better. I am aware of the side effects to quit these pills but glad to have some comfort. I will definitely miss him. I thank God for giving me the exact kind of doctor I needed, during my time of need. Anyone who is blessed to have Dr. Webster as their oncologist will not be disappointed one iota. He has the best "bedside" manner. This world needs more people like Dr. Webster. In my opinion, Dr. Webster is the BEST! Deborah

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2425112].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I could not have asked for a better, more considerate and caring Oncologist than Dr. Webster. After my 5 years was up for my annual appointments I wanted to continue but the system would not allow this which is understanable. He saved my life with his quick action and skill as a doctor for which I will always be grateful. Joyce Jardine

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][801473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2013

Dr. Marc Webster let's see one word WONDERFUL! We are very lucky in Calgary to have him. It's been 5yrs as a cancer survior and I know it's because of Dr. Webster. I love his big laughs they always put you at ease. His nurse Nancy is great. What else is there to say other then Thank you for my life!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][801472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

Dr. Webster is amazing! He takes the time you need to feel comfortable at each visit. You may have to wait, but the wait is well worth it. NEVER are you felt rushed through an appointment and some people require extra time with him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][801471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

I've had 3 oncologists and Dr. Webster is lovely. Very positive and involved in drug trials and new protocols. I'm so pleased with his style, his staff and his attentiveness. Any lost points are because he gives you his full attention once you're in the room with him and that can make him run late. I'd rather that than him rushing me!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][801470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2013

Dr Webster, best from all. I was sick with cancer. Because Dr.Webster i am ok. I love Dr. Webster he realy work hard for me so i can live long and free of cancer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][801469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2012

I am a current patient of Dr. Webster. I like him, however, I just discovered troubling news about the drug he prescribed for my early menopause sweats and slight mood swings. Effexor (Venlafaxine) has a horrible reputation for side effects and withdrawal akin to that of heroin. I was never told this. I was told I was on a very low dosage, however, I discovered on my own that I am, in fact, on an average dosage. This infuriates me. Dr. Webster has some explaining to do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][801474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2011

Dr. Webster is wonderful, as is his staff, including Nancy Moore. I consider myself extremely lucky to have him as my oncologist. Only once did I have to wait and I have no problem with that, as I know if I need more of his time, he will be willing to allow for that. I have been his patient since late July and he is always supportive, compassionate and positive. He truly cares about his patients and delights in their recovery. I cannot imagine having anyone else as my oncologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][801468].votes_count ]]