Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk

Rate Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk

Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk's Ratings

The best doctor I have ever had and I have had many and Maggie is fantastic.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Lusk after I had an accident and was having difficulty with memory and completing thoughts. Dr. Lusk explained why I was having these issues and what to expect as I healed. He then focused on my general well-being. After 25 years of diagnoses with minimal medication success, Dr. Lusk asked if I would be willing to try another medication given for a different diagnosis. A week later my world was changed for the better. To go through such a transformation was amazing. Dr. Lusk had taken the same information other doctors had been given and reached a different conclusion, an accurate conclusion. I still see Dr. Lusk and have him to thank for my perspective on the world and my place in it.

Submitted July 19, 2014 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for a very long time. He is kind and compassionate, very knowledgeable about drugs and drug interactions, does not rush the session, and is an all around fabulous physician.

Submitted March 18, 2014 | flag

Dr. Lusk and his staff, Maggie, are the very best and professional in every way possible. Their attention to detail and making the patient feel like they are their only patient. Dr. Lusk is up to date on the latest advances in the field.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2014 | flag

Dr. Lusk has been my Doc for 20 years. Both he and his wife Maggie have treated me with much respect.Dr.Lusk uses his MD and throws in some good ole common sense, and it works REAL WELL!!I am so glad I found him and his wife all those years ago.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2013 | flag

Kind, compassionate, and approachable. Dr. Lusk looks at the whole person and helps to tailor your treatment to your needs. Very good marks on neuropharmacology. He does not follow the "it's newer so must be better" mentality; he looks at what is effective for you and tries to provide options for lower cost medications. They work with you on scheduling to find options to meet your schedule.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for 16 years and I am more than happy with the care I get. Several years ago, when he moved to his current location (40 mile round trip for me) I tried switching to a doctor closer to home. It only took one visit for me to realize the treasure I have found in Dr. Lusk. In addition to his knowledge and expertise, thoroughly personable. His wife/secretary Maggie Lusk is a jewel. He could move his office to San Antonio and I would still make the drive to see him.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lusk is an exceptionally knowledgeable psychiatrist and expert in diagnosis, treatment and follow-through. He has proven himself time and again over the past 12 years in devising practical, achievable strategies for treatment that simply put work. There is no measure to how valuable Dr. Lusk's advice has been in improving my quality of life and those around me. In my experience Dr. Lusk is unparalleled in his unique ability to connect with you to quickly build trust and a belief that healing will occur. You can talk with Gary about anything and know he understands. Dr. Maggie Lusk manages all of the scheduling, insurance liaison, prescription management and is the public face of the practice. She is one of the most proficient people I've ever met. On top of that Maggie is friendly and compassionate. I wish all healthcare administrative people were half as good. Thank goodness I found them both or my now permanent state of well being would have remained a mere unrealized dream.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Lusk and Maggie Lusk have practically saved my life. After years of searching for why I was feeling as badly as I did, I was introduced to Dr. Lusk. From the beginning, he helped me stop anything I was taking or doing to search doctors and treatments for answers. Dr. Lusk is especially astute at diagnosing, correctly, for especially critical situations. With his accepting demeanor, I was able to follow his plan for my healing. Eventually, I grew to feel like I had a future to look forward to. With his help, I have continued to be well for about 13 years.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for about five years, and I can only say that his impact on my life has been huge. I sawhad seen other doctors before, with mixed results, but Dr. Lusk was able to quickly identify issues not detected earlier and come up with an effective treatment plan. He is very interested in outcome and encouraged me to contact him any time to discuss any concerns that I might have. He takes the time to explain any medication he prescribes in a way that I can easily understand but can easily speak at a depth of knowledge that demonstrates he has an expert understanding of the name brands versus the generics and when each makes sense. He understands the issues of costs of certain medications and was able to offer options for working to get the impact that I needed. I can’t speak highly enough of Dr. Lusk and the treatment I’ve received.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2013 | flag