Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk

Rate Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk

Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk's Ratings

I was sent to Dr. Lusk after many many years of confusion and exhaustion. My parents were just as confused as to what this "Up and Down" behavior was. After going to at least 8- 10 psychiatrists, I was finally recommended my a close relative to Dr. Lusk. He did what no other doctor had done before. He asked about me. He didn't start off about insincere or uncomfortable questions about how I got here, but instead, he took it easy and allowed so much breathing room that I grew faithful in his practice. Maggie, who works the hardest spot in my opinion was as nice as possible. She never knew what kind of person I was when I entered the place, but she also took a deep breath and knew that this is why I am here . . . to figure it all out. I have yelled and cried and and had temper tantrums the first few years. They stuck by me. I refused to answer questions and just stare down the clock 9 Goodwill Hunting Style) and they stuck by me. How Maggie dealt and continues to deal with me is beyond my capacity to explore or explain, but I can tell you that that is the reason I still go there and rely on both of them. They are family. Simply put. They gave my parents a chance to come up for air and educate themselves on BiPolar. It patched up a lot of loose ends in my personal world and will always be at work in my future, making and maintaining relationships. They are a great team, but it took me a few years to actually accept it. I am glad they are part of my world.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2580061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

The best doctor I have ever had and I have had many and Maggie is fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2526267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Lusk after I had an accident and was having difficulty with memory and completing thoughts. Dr. Lusk explained why I was having these issues and what to expect as I healed. He then focused on my general well-being. After 25 years of diagnoses with minimal medication success, Dr. Lusk asked if I would be willing to try another medication given for a different diagnosis. A week later my world was changed for the better. To go through such a transformation was amazing. Dr. Lusk had taken the same information other doctors had been given and reached a different conclusion, an accurate conclusion. I still see Dr. Lusk and have him to thank for my perspective on the world and my place in it.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2481055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for a very long time. He is kind and compassionate, very knowledgeable about drugs and drug interactions, does not rush the session, and is an all around fabulous physician.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][801804].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Dr. Lusk and his staff, Maggie, are the very best and professional in every way possible. Their attention to detail and making the patient feel like they are their only patient. Dr. Lusk is up to date on the latest advances in the field.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][801803].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2014

Dr. Lusk has been my Doc for 20 years. Both he and his wife Maggie have treated me with much respect.Dr.Lusk uses his MD and throws in some good ole common sense, and it works REAL WELL!!I am so glad I found him and his wife all those years ago.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][801802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2013

Kind, compassionate, and approachable. Dr. Lusk looks at the whole person and helps to tailor your treatment to your needs. Very good marks on neuropharmacology. He does not follow the "it's newer so must be better" mentality; he looks at what is effective for you and tries to provide options for lower cost medications. They work with you on scheduling to find options to meet your schedule.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][801801].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for 16 years and I am more than happy with the care I get. Several years ago, when he moved to his current location (40 mile round trip for me) I tried switching to a doctor closer to home. It only took one visit for me to realize the treasure I have found in Dr. Lusk. In addition to his knowledge and expertise, thoroughly personable. His wife/secretary Maggie Lusk is a jewel. He could move his office to San Antonio and I would still make the drive to see him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][801800].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2013

Dr. Lusk is an exceptionally knowledgeable psychiatrist and expert in diagnosis, treatment and follow-through. He has proven himself time and again over the past 12 years in devising practical, achievable strategies for treatment that simply put work. There is no measure to how valuable Dr. Lusk's advice has been in improving my quality of life and those around me. In my experience Dr. Lusk is unparalleled in his unique ability to connect with you to quickly build trust and a belief that healing will occur. You can talk with Gary about anything and know he understands. Dr. Maggie Lusk manages all of the scheduling, insurance liaison, prescription management and is the public face of the practice. She is one of the most proficient people I've ever met. On top of that Maggie is friendly and compassionate. I wish all healthcare administrative people were half as good. Thank goodness I found them both or my now permanent state of well being would have remained a mere unrealized dream.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][801799].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2013

Dr. Lusk and Maggie Lusk have practically saved my life. After years of searching for why I was feeling as badly as I did, I was introduced to Dr. Lusk. From the beginning, he helped me stop anything I was taking or doing to search doctors and treatments for answers. Dr. Lusk is especially astute at diagnosing, correctly, for especially critical situations. With his accepting demeanor, I was able to follow his plan for my healing. Eventually, I grew to feel like I had a future to look forward to. With his help, I have continued to be well for about 13 years.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][801798].votes_count ]]