Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk

5 1 5.0

You may also like

Rate Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk

Dr. Samuel Gary Lusk's Ratings

I have been going to Dr Lusk for more than 10 years and he was the only doctor who determined the correct diagnosis and was able to get help. I've since moved out of state but refuse to see another psychiatrist. Between his very efficient Cheerful and helpful front desk/ social worker, Maggie, Dr Lusk is exceptional. This is not a psychiatrist who just writes prescriptions. He listens and evaluates what has happened and is happening in your life and explains and gives suggestions on improving. If anything u expected happens, I know he is available to help in emergencies 24 hours a day 365 days a year. He talks to you, not some stranger. I would recommend this doctor for anyone wanting the best care possible.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2810802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

I am a very satisfied, long time patient of Dr. Lusk. I first started seeing Dr. Lusk many years ago after being discharged from the hospital. Under his care, I have not been hospitalized since, and the problems that caused the hospitalization have not returned. Since then I have married, started a family, and have enjoyed a successful professional career. Dr. Lusk is very wise, patient and understanding, and has helped me not only with mental health issues, but also with family and medical issues as well. His wife Maggie Lusk is a great office manager, and they work very well together as a team. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2809698].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

Dr Lusk has made a profound impact on my quality of life. I consider him an expert on PTSD. He understood how hard life was for me because of PTSD and he put me on the right medicine that helped me. I am stronger now. Dr Lusk and his wife, Maggie, have both made a difference in my life. They both have a genuine passion to help people. They treated me with compassion when I was going through bouts of PTSD flare ups.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2803444].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

Before I start talking about Dr. Lusk, I wanted to talk about the way the office is run. His wife Mrs. Lusk greets you as you come in and you always feel welcome. She's I guess what you would call Dr. Lusks receptionist but she does a whole lot more than that. They both work as a team in treating the patiants. The atmosphere is very welcoming. It's a cozy office that really doesn't give you that "therapist's office" vibe. I'm a 23 year old guy whose been in and out of school for the past 5 years with mood instability issues and they have never given up in trying to find a solution other doctors thought they had already treated. Dr. Lusk himself is an amazing human being (so is his wife and therapist Neil Stegall who shares the office with them). Very easy to talk to, doesn't see you as a patient (he sees you as a human) and WILL FIND A WAY TO IMPROVE YOUR LIFE if its within his psychiatric skill set. LISTEN to what he says and you will find the right medication or plan that will help you get to where you want to be. Just be patient, sometimes the right med combo can take a little time to find. Seriously guys, you couldn't ask for a better therapist, everyone in that office cares about you and can save your life like they've saved mine 5/5 stars plus a sixth star.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2760843].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

Dr. Lusk and his staff, Maggie, are the very best, they truely care about their patients and professional in every way possible. Their attention to detail and making the patient feel like they are their only patient. Dr. Lusk is up to date on the latest advances in the field. I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for over 11 years and throughout that time, I have been able to see how much he loves his job and the people he works with. Thank you, Dr. Lusk and Maggie for all that you do for your patients!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2649235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Dr. and Mrs. Samuel Gary Lusk are an experience and effective team. We have been completely satisfied with Dr. Lusk's therapeutic expertise and attention to our's son's needs. Mrs. Lusk has been extraordinarily kind and accommodating about our son's transition to out of state residency and his application for governmental assistance based on his disabilities.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2595338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

I was sent to Dr. Lusk after many many years of confusion and exhaustion. My parents were just as confused as to what this "Up and Down" behavior was. After going to at least 8- 10 psychiatrists, I was finally recommended my a close relative to Dr. Lusk. He did what no other doctor had done before. He asked about me. He didn't start off about insincere or uncomfortable questions about how I got here, but instead, he took it easy and allowed so much breathing room that I grew faithful in his practice. Maggie, who works the hardest spot in my opinion was as nice as possible. She never knew what kind of person I was when I entered the place, but she also took a deep breath and knew that this is why I am here . . . to figure it all out. I have yelled and cried and and had temper tantrums the first few years. They stuck by me. I refused to answer questions and just stare down the clock 9 Goodwill Hunting Style) and they stuck by me. How Maggie dealt and continues to deal with me is beyond my capacity to explore or explain, but I can tell you that that is the reason I still go there and rely on both of them. They are family. Simply put. They gave my parents a chance to come up for air and educate themselves on BiPolar. It patched up a lot of loose ends in my personal world and will always be at work in my future, making and maintaining relationships. They are a great team, but it took me a few years to actually accept it. I am glad they are part of my world.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2580061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 16, 2014

The best doctor I have ever had and I have had many and Maggie is fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2526267].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Lusk after I had an accident and was having difficulty with memory and completing thoughts. Dr. Lusk explained why I was having these issues and what to expect as I healed. He then focused on my general well-being. After 25 years of diagnoses with minimal medication success, Dr. Lusk asked if I would be willing to try another medication given for a different diagnosis. A week later my world was changed for the better. To go through such a transformation was amazing. Dr. Lusk had taken the same information other doctors had been given and reached a different conclusion, an accurate conclusion. I still see Dr. Lusk and have him to thank for my perspective on the world and my place in it.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2481055].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 19, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Lusk for a very long time. He is kind and compassionate, very knowledgeable about drugs and drug interactions, does not rush the session, and is an all around fabulous physician.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][801804].votes_count ]]