Dr. Alan L. Schneider

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Alan L. Schneider has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Psychiatrist-related: mental illness, depression, schizophrenia, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, substance abuse disorders, depression medication, pharmacological treatment, prescription drugs
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3648418
05/01/14 5 5 5 5 Had seen a number of other doctors who were not able to correctly diagnose and treat my ADHD. Dr Schneider did this efficiently and correctly I was very pleased
Paid (or co-pay): $165
Respond

13/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "VAN NUYS" to "Sherman Oaks"
RID: 2620351
17/04/13 5 5 5 5 Found him from references on the internet consider myself lucky to have him
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 2538549
22/01/13 5 5 5 5 Excellent front office person.efficient system. First rate service. Excellent knowledgable doctor. Answered all of my questions and took the time necessary
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 2443446
10/10/12 5 5 5 5 I have seen psychiatrists on and off for the past 15 years,but, I have never felt so lucky as to have a doctor like doctor schneider! Yes his nurse screened me,but yes she also refills my meds within 15 minutes of my calling and yes DR Schneider has gone out of his way on several occasions to call me at home on weekends when I really wasn't doing well. He doesn't take many patients but if your lucky to get to see him you win
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $165
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Alan" to "Alan L."
RID: 1794420

24/03/12 1 1 1 1 I haven't seen a psychiatrist in many years but some recent events in my life have brought on a relapse of severe anxiety and depression. After some research online, I gave his office a call and was forwarded to his nurse. Apparently, she does some pre-screening over the phone where she had me go into specific details of my symptoms. She asked very personal questions that I would not normally tell a stranger over the phone, but since this was for a psychiatry appointment I wasn't overly offended but definitely uncomfortable. After, she took notes on these personal issues, she told me she would call me the next day to schedule an appointment. It's been a week and I have yet to hear back. I think this is extremely tacky, unprofessional and quite frankly only added to my anxiety and left me feeling violated. It's a great way to isolate your clients from the beginning. Sadly, due to her insensitivity I will not be seeking his help.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

26/02/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1693544
22/01/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Schneider has always been the "par excellence" of professionalism,coutesy,and medical care.I have been his patient for 17 years and he does not have a secretary,he has always had a NURSE! I know that if a patient fails to pay their bills or follow his advice for months on end,he finally will ask them to stop comming to see him.What a sad person wrote this last comment
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $181
RID: 1683594
11/01/12 1 5 1 1 DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR! I was treated extremely rudely by his obnoxious "secretary", who scoffed at me when I called to ask her to confirm my appointment. He refused to provide consultation on the medicine he prescribed, and after voicing my complaints to him he terminated his service to me. He does not care about patients, and only wants your money.  Respond
RID: 1629863
09/11/11 5 5 5 5 Extremely knowledgeable and patient friendly probably spent more time with me than any other doc
Paid (or co-pay): $25

RID: 1293071
13/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Schneider spent a lot of time with me making sure that I understood both the short and long term plan to deal with my opiate addiction.I was very impressed
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 1047127
01/12/09 5 5 5 5 Doctor Schneider spent an exceptional amount of time with me until I got well.He is really knowledgable and personable
Insurance: Pacificare
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 671856
23/08/08 5 5 5 4 A rare doctor who takes his patient's opinions seriously and respects their autonomy.