Dr. Margaret C. Huggins

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Margaret C. Huggins has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5632945
09/07/14 5 1 1 1 Do not go! Dr. Huggins has changed my life . A year ago I received an ablation and was sent home in severe pain and told to call if I had problems. When I had problems I called and was told I would need to come in. Travel time is an hour, and I had no sick time left. It did not matter and I was left to deal with my problems on my own. After 3 months of pain & issues I went to see Dr Huggins. I was given an exam, a pill that she said probably wouldn't help, I might just need time, and to come back for another appointment. I went home to deal with my problems on my own trying natural methods & time. After a year I thought they would acknowledge that I had a problem & help me. I waited an hour & I was seen by a PA. She reviewed my file & did blood work & said I needed more tests done that I would need to come back for. I got a pill that "might" help. They called me to say that blood labs are good & to make more apt. The tests they want I had done a barely a year ago. They don't care!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Margaret" to "Margaret C."
RID: 1555206
06/10/11 5 4 5 5 Amazing practice!! Everyone was so friendly and Dr. H was very pleasant! She has one of the best bed-side manners I've ever experienced! I just love her and her physician assistants!! All very knowledgable and explain things in a clear way! I did have to wait a while, but when do you not wait to see the doctor?!! It was worth the wait!! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience in an area that can be super uncomfortable to begin with!!
RID: 1549097

28/09/11 2 3 1 1 I'd always thought that Dr. Huggins and Serena were really nice. When I got a copper IUD, Serena was happy for me and all was well at first. However, and don't ask me why except for it was because I didn't want it to be a waste, I didn't get it out when it never failed to cause me problems-horrible cramping, unbelievably heavy 12 day periods, etc. So, later, I came in to get it out. Long story short, Serena tried to take it out, put me in a lot of pain for a minute, and failed. Then, the nurse kept bugging me, in and out after this terrible experience. They call Huggins. She comes in with a cast on her arm, attempts to take it out, and now I'm bleeding and really, really hurting. She can't do it and says I need surgery. A week or two later, I showed up unprepared for surgery, and thank goodness: I never needed it. I went to Life Spring and they got it out in literally 5 seconds and it was dangling in front of my face - with virtually no pain, no bleeding. I never went back after that.
RID: 1418821
18/04/11 5 4 5 5 I didn't know who to go to when I first got pregnant and I was referred to Dr. Huggins. I absolutely LOVED my experience with my pregnancy, and am currently seeing her for my second pregnancy (only two months to go.) These people who are upset that they only see her PA are very misleading. EVERY single appointment they schedule for me, if I'm not scheduled to see Margaret, they ASK if it's okay if I am scheduled with the PA. If you are not okay with that, let them know, and they will make sure you see Margaret!!! The staff is VERY knowledgeable, and they ask every time if you have any questions/concerns/problems. again, if you do have questions or concerns... speak up!!! I will go to her for all of my pregnancies because I have had such a great experience!!!  Respond

06/03/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1338271

17/01/11 1 3 2 1 I went to Dr Huggins for the first 3 months of my pregnancy. Her nurses are rude and act like they are better then the rest of the world. I never once saw huggins only her PA. Who did my ultrasound? Really PA are not qualified to do that kind of work. During the ultrasound she kept saying she thinks that is the babys head and she thinks that is the heartbeat. I stopped going their after that. I went over to Rosemark. They have a lot better staff and Dr that see you no the PA. Don't go to Huggins unless you don't care about your baby.  Respond
RID: 1329707

06/01/11 3 3 1 1 Dr. Huggins delivered my daughter in 2007. She was impersonal and not a helpful coach during my delivery. She didn't pay attention to my birth plan. 3 weeks after the delivery I went to her office with severe abdominal pain and her PA (after consulting with Dr. H who was out)diagnosed me with a "24-hour flu," despite what I later learned were hallmark symtpoms of septic shock. A few days later I was in trauma at the ER and ended up in the ICU. Dr. H. visited me in the hospital, offered nothing but chit chat, and sent a large bill that I didn't pay. 4 months later I went to a different doctor for my annual and learned that I still had placenta in my uterus! I am alive today only because of the competence of other physicians.
RID: 1308285
06/12/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Huggins is the best!!! She is, by far, the BEST Doctor I have ever had, and I am not a spring chicken. I just had a total hysterectomy done by her, and I've never had such good care. Also, I've never had such good care for my annual check ups. There have been concerns for my well-being and Margaret has been over the top! I am moving back to California and I'm so sad, as I know I will not find a doc to replace Margaret. I agree, Idaho women are truly blessed to have Margaret here!
RID: 1294684
16/11/10 5 5 5 5 This is an excellent Dr. Her staff is very efficient and they make you feel so wonderful. You won't go wrong with this Dr. She is awesome
Insurance: Assurant
RID: 1242074
02/09/10 5 3 5 5 Margaret delivered my daughter and my whole experience was amazing! Yes the wait in her office can be long but she is an ob and sometimes she can't put something off. As for being informative, she expects you to be informed. If you have questions you need to ask them. She is more than willing to answer questions and spend time with her patients but if they don't ask questions then she will be brief with her explanations. It is important to make sure that you keep yourself well informed during your pregnancy. When I delivered, she came to the hospital twice while I was in labor and then came when it was time to push. She does perineal massage during pushing which makes things go much more smoothly. She also called me the next morning to check up and her office sent me flowers at the hospital. Another thing is Margaret makes sure to hire nurses that are great at their jobs. Blood draws, shots, they are great at all of it. I would definitely recommend Margaret to anyone I know!
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
RID: 1241731

01/09/10 3 1 1 2 I thought she would be a great doctor seems how she was very helpful with my friends pregnancy except leaving out her diagnosis of preclampsia. But she is very kind but not very involved in the patient or the concerns i had. I lost one of my twins due to her neglagence of her prenatal care and lack of listening to my concern the day i delivered. I would not recommend her to anyone after my experience. i don't care how long she has been in practice.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 967174
19/08/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Huggins and the whole staff was absolutely wonderful during my pregnancy. Margaret assisted my husband as he got the experience to deliver the baby. The whole experience was wonderful.
RID: 948453

27/07/09 2 2 2 3 I too thought Dr. Huggins would be great. Lots of my girlsfriends liked her. However each time I went for a visit the wait got longer and longer alomost an hour just to get checked for a routine pregnance check up. Then when I went to deliver they sent me to the wrong hospital and then she didn't even deliver my baby. The nurse did. Dr huggins also didn't come and check on me the next day. She came about two hours before i was checking out. Then afterwards when I had troubles whith other things her staff didnt return calls or fill perscriptions they said they had sent in. I would never recommend her to anyone!!!  Respond
RID: 739440
08/12/08 5 4 5 5 I LOVE Dr Huggins! We went to her with our first, and would have gone back for our 2nd but had moved to Utah. She was so considerate of all my "first time mommy fears" and responded to all of my questions with sensitivity and understanding. She was wonderful! It was like having a loving mom in there to take care of you. She was great with the delivery and checked on us several times after. The wait time was sometimes long, but that happens at every Dr.s office. It was definitely worth the wait to have her anyway!
RID: 517462
18/02/08 4 3 4 4 I came to Dr. Huggins mid-way through my 2nd pregnancy-- I had a wonderful experience with her. I am now seeing her with my 3rd pregnancy. She is sweet and knowledgeable. Her wait time can sometimes become long as she has recently become very busy. I still haven't waited for her as long as some other Dr.'s in town though. Her staff is great when it is actually your turn to be seen, but is somewhat standoffish when you first arrive. The only other thing I would metion is to be proactive in your care. They are very busy and you may not get a second chance to ask a question. I always call late in the day test results should be in to make sure I'm at the top of the list to get back too. For the amount of growth in our community we don't really have a lot of other GREAT opptions. I believe this is one reason she is so busy, but if you want the best sometimes you have to deal with everyone else who also wants the best!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 210904

18/03/07 4 5 5 I love her. She is kind and helpful. She remembers who you are. She is very through and I have never had such a good exam.
RID: 176920
07/03/07 4 5 5 great doctor really helped me with lack of sex drive and was great when she delivered my baby she is the best obgyn i have ever been to!!!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $20000
RID: 14795

08/11/05 2 1 2 I thought she was going to be great,at first. Then I realized the whole office is a joke.I have been trying to get Preg. for over a year and I thought she was going to help me.well,she diag. me with a disorder without doing proper testing and NO monitoring after she put me on med to correct it so needless to say I am still not preg.I have to get monthly blood tests due to the meds she put me on,which are supposed to take no more than 48 hrs,the last one took 11 days to get back,they are SUPPOSED to be time sesative tests also.Oh and the meds.DR's offecies are supposed to keep records of your dosages and so-on. Well, I was put on a fertiliy med (which can cause ovarian cycst if not monitored correctly) and I talked to there office recently and they didn't know the dosage I was one they were a Month behind.This scares me,i could be waling around with cysts and not know it,because I NEVER got an ultrasound before given the meds. Don't go if you are not PG, You will be last on her list!  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user