Rate Dr. Margaret C. Huggins

Dr. Margaret C. Huggins's Ratings

Dr Huggins was the on call doctor for my regular doctor after I had my son when she came in the next day post delivery she never examined my stomach to feel if my uterus was shrinking or contracting I explained to her I was still having large clots and excessive bleeding this being my 4th child I knew what to expect she was more interested in looking at my baby then left needless to say 2 weeks postpartum I had a DNC and two weeks after that I had to have a complete hysterectomy since some of the placenta grew into my uterus had Dr. Huggins done her job and checked to make sure I was healing correctly after delivering I would not be going through menopause at the age of 31 she does not have good bedside manner she has to many patients and does not give the type of care that an OBGYN needs to be giving. I have had several friends see her and switch doctors half way pregnancy or after giving birth. I had one friend who was pregnant with twins had a scheduled c section Dr. Huggins didn't make it in time and one of the twins passed away because she was in Driggs at her other office. She has no regard for patients time or well being it is about her getting as many patients and nor offices through out south east idaho and not the care of patients which is what a doctor needs to have in my eyes your a doctor because you care about human kind

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2684998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Do not go! Dr. Huggins has changed my life . A year ago I received an ablation and was sent home in severe pain and told to call if I had problems. When I had problems I called and was told I would need to come in. Travel time is an hour, and I had no sick time left. It did not matter and I was left to deal with my problems on my own. After 3 months of pain & issues I went to see Dr Huggins. I was given an exam, a pill that she said probably wouldn't help, I might just need time, and to come back for another appointment. I went home to deal with my problems on my own trying natural methods & time. After a year I thought they would acknowledge that I had a problem & help me. I waited an hour & I was seen by a PA. She reviewed my file & did blood work & said I needed more tests done that I would need to come back for. I got a pill that "might" help. They called me to say that blood labs are good & to make more apt. The tests they want I had done a barely a year ago. They don't care!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2463762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Amazing practice!! Everyone was so friendly and Dr. H was very pleasant! She has one of the best bed-side manners I've ever experienced! I just love her and her physician assistants!! All very knowledgable and explain things in a clear way! I did have to wait a while, but when do you not wait to see the doctor?!! It was worth the wait!! Thank you so much for a wonderful experience in an area that can be super uncomfortable to begin with!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2069313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2011

I'd always thought that Dr. Huggins and Serena were really nice. When I got a copper IUD, Serena was happy for me and all was well at first. However, and don't ask me why except for it was because I didn't want it to be a waste, I didn't get it out when it never failed to cause me problems-horrible cramping, unbelievably heavy 12 day periods, etc. So, later, I came in to get it out. Long story short, Serena tried to take it out, put me in a lot of pain for a minute, and failed. Then, the nurse kept bugging me, in and out after this terrible experience. They call Huggins. She comes in with a cast on her arm, attempts to take it out, and now I'm bleeding and really, really hurting. She can't do it and says I need surgery. A week or two later, I showed up unprepared for surgery, and thank goodness: I never needed it. I went to Life Spring and they got it out in literally 5 seconds and it was dangling in front of my face - with virtually no pain, no bleeding. I never went back after that.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2069319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2011

I didn't know who to go to when I first got pregnant and I was referred to Dr. Huggins. I absolutely LOVED my experience with my pregnancy, and am currently seeing her for my second pregnancy (only two months to go.) These people who are upset that they only see her PA are very misleading. EVERY single appointment they schedule for me, if I'm not scheduled to see Margaret, they ASK if it's okay if I am scheduled with the PA. If you are not okay with that, let them know, and they will make sure you see Margaret!!! The staff is VERY knowledgeable, and they ask every time if you have any questions/concerns/problems. again, if you do have questions or concerns... speak up!!! I will go to her for all of my pregnancies because I have had such a great experience!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2069312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

I went to Dr Huggins for the first 3 months of my pregnancy. Her nurses are rude and act like they are better then the rest of the world. I never once saw huggins only her PA. Who did my ultrasound? Really PA are not qualified to do that kind of work. During the ultrasound she kept saying she thinks that is the babys head and she thinks that is the heartbeat. I stopped going their after that. I went over to Rosemark. They have a lot better staff and Dr that see you no the PA. Don't go to Huggins unless you don't care about your baby.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2069318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 17, 2011

Dr. Huggins delivered my daughter in 2007. She was impersonal and not a helpful coach during my delivery. She didn't pay attention to my birth plan. 3 weeks after the delivery I went to her office with severe abdominal pain and her PA (after consulting with Dr. H who was out)diagnosed me with a "24-hour flu," despite what I later learned were hallmark symtpoms of septic shock. A few days later I was in trauma at the ER and ended up in the ICU. Dr. H. visited me in the hospital, offered nothing but chit chat, and sent a large bill that I didn't pay. 4 months later I went to a different doctor for my annual and learned that I still had placenta in my uterus! I am alive today only because of the competence of other physicians.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2069317].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2011

Dr. Huggins is the best!!! She is, by far, the BEST Doctor I have ever had, and I am not a spring chicken. I just had a total hysterectomy done by her, and I've never had such good care. Also, I've never had such good care for my annual check ups. There have been concerns for my well-being and Margaret has been over the top! I am moving back to California and I'm so sad, as I know I will not find a doc to replace Margaret. I agree, Idaho women are truly blessed to have Margaret here!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2069311].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2010

This is an excellent Dr. Her staff is very efficient and they make you feel so wonderful. You won't go wrong with this Dr. She is awesome

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2069310].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 16, 2010

Margaret delivered my daughter and my whole experience was amazing! Yes the wait in her office can be long but she is an ob and sometimes she can't put something off. As for being informative, she expects you to be informed. If you have questions you need to ask them. She is more than willing to answer questions and spend time with her patients but if they don't ask questions then she will be brief with her explanations. It is important to make sure that you keep yourself well informed during your pregnancy. When I delivered, she came to the hospital twice while I was in labor and then came when it was time to push. She does perineal massage during pushing which makes things go much more smoothly. She also called me the next morning to check up and her office sent me flowers at the hospital. Another thing is Margaret makes sure to hire nurses that are great at their jobs. Blood draws, shots, they are great at all of it. I would definitely recommend Margaret to anyone I know!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2069306].votes_count ]]