Rate Dr. Richard A. Reutter

Dr. Richard A. Reutter's Ratings

Horrible doctor. Horrible bed side manner and poor communication skills and treats adults although not qualified to do so. Would not recommend him he should retire and go to an AA meeting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

With our first child on the way, my wife and I interviewed several Drs to find a pediatrician who we felt had the temperament and knowledge we required. Dr Reutter is extremely competent and accomplished - but we neglected to evaluate his staff as stringently. The staff was consistently disorganized, inept, rude, and the office was always in a state of disrepair and a dubious level of cleanliness - it was pervasive and constant enough that we stopped using him. Years after switching Drs, we had to do a consult with Dr Reutter for my son's school. We waited for 45 minutes before one of the school staff informed us that Dr Reutter wasn't coming, and that they were sorry his staff had neglected to inform them that he was unable to make the appointment. It's sad to see he still doesn't have a staff that reflects his level of quality.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802702].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

We have seen Dr. Reutter since our eldest was born 27 years ago. He has met us in the office on Sundays, in the ER, and has always returned calls promptly. Our youngest is 19 and will see him until she finishes college-I recommend him to everyone-he is a very knowledgeable calming person and his staff is also very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2013

My daughter was struggling in school and I didn't know why.Dr Ruetter was wonderful, I had taken my daughter to 2 other neurologists who just wanted to put her on medication after a 20 minute consult. Dr Rueter spent time with her, gave her his undivided attention and then spoke with me while one of the girls did some cognitive testing with her. He was very knowledgeable and gave me suggestions and insight on way to make the best of things before turning to medication as a last result.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802700].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

He seems like a knowledgeable doctor but I really don't know since it's been almost a year since my son was tested and I still can't get the result. A year and a half wasted making appts, waiting for equipment to arrive at his office...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802699].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2012

My children have seen Dr. Reutter and his staff for the last fifteen years and I can only say that I have been helped and advised every time I needed to be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802698].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Dr Reutter is very knowledgeable but his practice is being destroyed by his incompetent staff. And good luck trying anyone on the phone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802697].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

The STAFF IS AWFUL...they are rude, uncooperative & NEVER get on the phone or call back. I have been waiting on my son's test results for over a month now. I call everyday, get put on hold & they take a message & NEVER call back! The reception area is an absolute mess & if I hadn't heard positive things about the doctor I never would have stayed in the 1st place. I will be searching for a new Dr. because evnthough he's good...the STAFF IS TOO HORRIBLE TO DEAL WITH!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

As most parents are already frustrated & have a child having difficulties I feel my experience at this office has made it worse. Prompt with scheduling initial testing but trying to get follow up results is a nightmare. Ive been repeatedly told by staff that something is being taken care of when it has not. Always say they will call you back but they NEVER do. You have to repeatedly call and they tell you the same thing and again never call. My 7 yr old is currently on meds prescibed by this Dr and is displaying very negative behaviors brought to my attn by the school and Ive called 2 days in a row now & have been told they will relay this to the Dr and call me back. No call. This is a childs life your playing with! In my opinion they should NOT be taking on any new patients and instead be working on the quality of care of the patients they already have. I find it hard to believe that a Dr has no idea that his staff is incapable of handleing the work load of these patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2012

Staff is awful. Never return phone calls. My son had a test done back in Sept and I still dont have results because they wont give me an appt. Everytime I call I get we dont have the appt book or we'll call you back which never happens. Oh and did I mention they emailed me someone elses medical records. Can you say HIPPA violation! I'm ready to call the medical board and report the dr. Hes ok but he is responsable for his staff and should know what is going on in his own office. I just want my sons result and I will NEVER go back again. I will be calling again today. If nothing again I'm gonna be calling the service at night so the dr himself will have to call me back! or just show up at the office and refuse to leave untill i see him. This is so unprofessional and I have never aquired a dr and staff like this before!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][802694].votes_count ]]