Rate Dr. Kathleen B. Hurwitz

Dr. Kathleen B. Hurwitz's Ratings

Hurwitz is rude and arrogant. She is super rushed and does not care. Will never take my children to her again. Maybe if she actually was polite and spent time with her patients, then she would not misdiagnose so much. She is a sad representation for Pediatricians. Go to someone else who spends time and doesn't flaunt her MD.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2013 | flag

Today was and will be my last visit to Dr. Hurwitz. I have given her many chances and today was the last. She never acknowledges my 5 year old and ALWAYS makes me feel like an over anxious mom with invalid concerns. She thought I had my daughter there for a cold, which was not the reason. She didn't even take time to read her chart to find out why we were there. She is always half way out the door before 2 minutes go by. My daughter deserves better care, a doctor who will actually listen. Dr. Hurwitz has no bedside manner and loves to talk about herself. You take your sick kid in for care and you end up hearing all about the doctor. That's the last time I leave in tears!

Submitted June 21, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hurwitz is an AMAZING doctor to both of my boys, particularly with my infant, who has several health concerns. From the 1st visit on, she has gone above and beyond for my kids. She knew there was something wrong with my baby, not knowing exactly what it was, she had him admitted to Rady's immediately,followed up with me personally every day of the 14 day stay and continues to stay in close contact with all of his specialists as we work toward a diagnosis. She does go through appts quickly, but she ABSOLUTELY slows down when necessary and is EXTREMELY thorough. She may not be "lovey dovey" but its clear to both my boys (and to my husband & I) that she cares deeply for my boys' well being& she will not be satisfied until we have a solid diagnosis and treatment plan. If your child has any type of serious or chronic illness, this is the Dr. you want on their side, and she is highly regarded by her peers. Someone here suggested she bases care on ability to pay and that is SO UNTRUE!

Submitted Oct. 18, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hurwitz is the BEST doctor I have ever known! To her your kids are not just patients. She remembers the little things. When you call her office after hours, SHE answers the phone, not a call service. My sister has two girls that were patients of hers. They moved to Arizona and shortly after they got there, my niece got sick (nothing major, just common cold stuff). My sister called Dr. Hurwitz and she gave her some advice. She could have told her that she was no longer a patient, but she didn't. She is a great doctor and an amazing woman! I couldn't imagine taking my kids anywhere else. Not to mention her staff is out of this world!

Submitted Sept. 13, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hurwitz is so great! She alleviates any fears I may have. It can be a little difficult to get an appt. with her but she always has other staff ready to see you if she is booked. She has been a Godsend for me! Love her.

Submitted Aug. 26, 2011 | flag

dr hurwits rushed us in and out of her office everytime we were there..her bedside manner is the worst..she doesnt even say hi to the kids most the time and i too felt like when i asked her a question i was being a bother/wasting her time. i took my kids to her for years before finally saying enough is enough..and she seemed to treat her patients differently based on their "insurance"..which is why im not surprised to have seen that most of her 5 star ratings were from "bluesheild/bluecross" patients! i was disgcusted by the way she acted with some of her medical patients! sometimes she almost comes off like she's yelling at you. i will not be going back there anymore! the only nice thing about her office was the staff! and i too noticed the messyness of the waiting rooms!

Submitted Aug. 23, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hurwitz staff is amazing; however, our experience with her was very disappointing. I took my son there for just over a year and decided to place him back with his original pediatrician after I had baby #2. I felt she gave the same spill with every well check. She doesn't take the time to talk to the kids or the parents. She rushes into the the room and rushes out. I'm a pretty laid back mom and have very few questions, but when I would ask her a question it felt as though I was wasting her time. I also felt she and her PA would just write a perscription to get you out of the office rather than take the time to see if the child was really sick. On the positive side, Dr. Hurwitz will answer her phone no matter what time of day or night it is, which is AMAZING!

Submitted June 2, 2011 | flag

TOOK DAUGHTER TO HER 15 TO 20 TIMES FOR WAKEING UP AT NIGHT SCREAMING. AFTER MANY DIFFERENT AND WRONG DIAG. NOT SOLVEING PROBLEM I DEMANDED TO GO TO CHILDRENS HOSPITAL WHERE STAFF LAUGHED AT WHAT WAS WRITTEN ON HER CHARTS I GAVE THEM FROM HER. CHILDRENS HOSP. IS NOW MAKING TESTS TO FIND THE PROBLEM! I HAVE SPOKE WITH HER MANY TIMES AND SHE IS ALWAYS ON THE DEFENCE AND BLAMING THE GI DOCTORS NOT THE FACT SHE LOST REFERALS! WE CHANGED FROM HER OFFICE AND ARE NOW GETTING THE ONE ON ONE CARE MY CHILD NEEDS!!!!

Submitted March 8, 2011 | flag

I liked Dr.Hurwitz & the way she interacted with my kids,but I'm concerned w/ how fast we were in & out of her office. I do think that her PA is rude & doesn't communicate well w/ kids or parents. The first time my daughter saw her(the PA)she didn't introduce herself, she didn't talk to her, she didn't even look up from her file. She asked me the question, wrote some things down, clicked her pen,said she would send us for some test, and then left the room. The staff in the 2nd room(for physical's)are very rude. The staff in the sick office are nice and helpful. Overall I think Dr. Hurwitz & her staff make you feel as a rotating door. Get in, get out. She gets the higher rating because my kids were taken care of when seeing her. The office is messy & dirty,& some of the staff is rude,& her PA is very rude & not in touch. Not sure if I will ever go back. Both of my kids have seen her, my daughter has seen her 1 time & her PA twice. If I do go back I will not be seeing her PA.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag

Doctor Hurwitz is amazing and was a key part in helping us get to the bottom of our sons tummy pain and ultimately key in helping us get a diagnosis for my 7 year old son who is battling cancer. I can never thank her enough for being on top of it and listening to a mother instinct. My son was diagnosed with Stage IV Cancer in July 2009 and reached remission in January 2010. Doctor Hurwitz stayed on top of our son case while undergoing treatment/chemo at Rady’s. Our son is now healthy and starting 2nd grade this fall 2010. Doctor Hurwitz also sees our two daughters and we have a great amount of trust in this doctor. I would recommend this doctor to anyone. Remember Doctor Hurwitz sees so many patients and cares for each and everyone and that is why her practice is heavily sought out. Thank YOU, Doctor Hurwitz from the bottom of our hearts!

Submitted Aug. 24, 2010 | flag