Rate Dr. Jim I. Mertz

Dr. Jim I. Mertz's Ratings

Great doctor, really cares about his patients! Takes care of my entire family as well as extended family and they all think he's great! My mom recently in December broke her hip and he called me to check up and see how she's doing, she's 90! He cares about his elderly patients as much as he cares about all his others. I've had experiences with OTHER doctors that care less about elderly patients. I had major medical problem and he sent me to Mayo Clinic. My insurance co wanted me to get another opinion until it got to medical review where a doctor informed the board I was already seeing the best at diagnostics in Kansas City and if he couldn't figure out what was wrong they needed to approve my visit to Mayo immediately. It was a comfort to find my doctor was known for his diagnostic skills. He listened to me and that's a quality hard to find in a physician.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2014 | flag

Dr Mertz is a good doctor. His nurse is the worse ever. She will not call you back.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2009 | flag

I am a 72 year old male and I have been going to Jim Mertz for about 20 years now, and I have never felt that I was getting inferior service or knowledge from him, although his medical group does employ a woman at the front desk that seems to be totally uninterested in you or your problems about 95% of the time,hence my choosing a #3 for Staff. His nurse(s)have always been very good too. My inlaws also go to Jim. I have absolutely no qualms about his expertise.

Submitted June 10, 2009 | flag