Rate Dr. Jennifer L. Bonheur

Dr. Jennifer L. Bonheur's Ratings

When my friend raved that Dr. Bonheur was the best doctor she'd ever met I thought it was hyperbole her comments didn't do Dr. Bonheur justice. I echo the other writers here--would that we could clone her. At a time when doctors barely spend five minutes with you, typically in the most impersonal way, Dr. Bonheur is a throw back to a time when doctors really could be viewed as healers. She spent 30 minutes with me for a simple pre-colonoscopy consultation really talking with me. Further, Dr. Bonheur combines her readily evident intellect with warmth, compassion and gentleness that give one full confidence in her abilities. The reality, no one likes to have a colonoscopy but if you need a gastroenterologist she is THE doctor to see. In a word--exceptional.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2486981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2014

All the reviews written about Dr. Bonheur on this site state the absolute truth. I only wish that I could clone her so that every doctor in Manhattan (and many that I have seen)both male and female could be like her. She is thorough, very intelligent, extremely compassionate, kind, actually believes you without judging and is just an all around fantastic doctor and wonderful person. I have a couple things going on health wise, and she has treated me extremely well from a GI point of view as well as listened about my other issues. She is also not an alarmist, talks to you in a soothing manner and puts you at ease which is the kind of doctor I require for my personality. Dr. Bonheur is an absolute gem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2425326].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

Dr. Bonheur is without a doubt one of the best doctors I've ever been privileged to see: brilliant, kind, compassionate, patient, and meticulous. Her book knowledge, which is comprehensive and detailed, is matched by her procedural skills. She should get a Noble Prize in colonoscopies. I know many people are suspect of online reviews, thinking the writer may be a friend or relative of the subject, but I can assure I was professionally recommended to Dr. Bonheur, met her once at her office and then had my procedure. I will be using her for any other gastroenterological concerns that may arise. And the Endoscopy Center is new, spotless, with a competent and friendly staff. My colonoscopy turned out to be a pleasure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][804216].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

It is next to impossible to find a Dr.that cares, listens and takes time to get to know you as a person. Dr. Bonheur does all that as well as being an amazing diagnostician that treats the "whole" person. Her office is well run and there is practically no waiting time at all. What a pleasure all around!! You can feel her respect for her patients and her concern for their health, and she is always responsive to ideas for treatment and on top of all new information. I can count on Dr. Bonheur to ALWAYS return my calls and schedule me more quickly when I don't feel well. She is an amazing doctor and a wonderful person. Finding her for treatment in NYC was certainly my lucky day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][804215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

The best doctor, of any kind, I have ever been to. Patient, knowledgeable, experienced & thorough. My initial appointment lasted over an hour. Was not rushed at all. Will only do tests if there is a medical need. Explains what she thinks your medical condition is and explains her plan of treatment. Office is effciently run. Waited less than five minutes to be seen. Was taken in directly to see her. None of this being brought to the back where you wait. Would highly recommend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][804214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012

Best GI in NY. She is very thorough and takes her time to explain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][804213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2011

A doctor who actually treats you as an individual instead of a number. She takes the time to go over your case with you. If you have a concern or question for her and if you leave a message for her she will return your calls. She respects the fact that when it it is your time block it she will only devote her attention to you the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][804212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2011

Dr. Bonheur is not only the best doctor I've ever seen in New York City, but the best doctor I've seen anywhere. She is so thorough, patient, thoughtful and kind-- I always leave her office with a renewed sense of hope. She truly listens and clearly explains treatment options and decisions. Her office staff is also very professional and courteous. I cou'dn't recommend her more strongly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][804211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2010

Dr. Bonheur has been my GI for quite a few years now... previous to her I had gone to her partner Dr. Kim. Both are exceptional. I do prefer Dr. Bonheur personally because of her open-minded approach. She is always willing to consider alternative medicines and geniunely wanted me to feel better. My whole family goes to her now and whenever anyone expresses a need for a GI I refer them to her immediately and they have always been beyond impressed. In addition, she has made superb recommendations to other dr's.. my general pcp, obgyn, etc. I trust her and I trust her taste. She is A+ top notch and if you need a great GI she is really the best one you could find.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][804210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2010

Extraordinarily thorough, listens and takes time needed during office visit. Excellent with procedures also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][804209].votes_count ]]