Dr. Thomas J. Cumbo

Grad. Year: 1968

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Thomas J. Cumbo has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Infectious Disease-related: HIV, AIDs, fever of unknown origin, nosocomial infection, prophylaxis, infections
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

09/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.0
RID: 1746605
15/03/12 4 5 5 5 Dr. Cumbo has been my doctor for over 30 years. He is a wonderful physician, very caring, knowledgeable, polite, and helpful. Yet, like one of the previous respondants, I too have had issues with "Jane's" attitude in scheduling appointments when I am not well, and it makes me reluctant to call for help! I am not sure why she is still working there.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 1396894
24/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Cumbo is a kind, understanding, down to earth, highly intelligent man. On my first visit when he walked in the room I knew I was in good hands. He has a very soothing nature. He has a compitent, helpful staff, ALL of them, and I found Jane to be a very kind and compassionate woman.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1227993
12/08/10 4 5 5 5 Dr Cumbo has been my doctor since for 20 years. I have never been disappointed in his care. He takes his time, he listens, he gives me the opportunity to have a conversation. He does not talk AT me, he talks WITH me. I never have to wait more than 10 minutes in the WR and if I do, he offers a genuine apology. He doesn't have to apologize, his care is worth the wait. His staff is wonderful with the exception of "Jane". I have found her to be consistently rude, abrupt and often downright mean. I think I am a pretty low-maintenance patient, but she makes me feel as if I am ruining her day. I see Dr Cumbo probably twice a year on average - I can't be that irritating. In speaking to others, I have heard the same thing, it's usually something like 'I love Dr Cumbo, but he needs to get rid of that Jane'. Bottom line is Dr Cumbo is an excellent physician and I would recommend him without reservation to anyone.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 830323
15/03/09 5 5 5 5 Too bad for others that he is not accepting new patients. Dr. Cumbo has been my Dr. for 20+ years & is a professional in all aspects; more importantly he is a great human being! How many doctors apologize for your having to wait 10 mins or a cold stethascope?! He is wildly respected in the medical field.  Respond
RID: 805692
03/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Cumbo is one of the most intelligent MD's I've seen. He speaks to you like you're a human being and gives an explanation when needed. He's respectful which is not common for doctors.  Respond