Rate Dr. Michael Joel Kalson

Dr. Michael Joel Kalson's Ratings

I had an appointment with this Dr. I sat in the room in a gown for over an hour while he saw patients in the rooms next to me with appointments AFTER mine. I opened the door and went to the bathroom to see the patients that were in the next rooms and the patients that were done seeing the Dr. The MA thought i had already been seen because other patients that came in with me had already left. I went back into the room and this Dr. proceeded to walk pass me and to see familiar patients. I normally see a different Dr. at this practice but had to see him for severe back pain and this was my first visit. Sad to say I got dressed and left after over an hour of no information. It took me 45 mins to get to this appointment. This was such a waste of time. My room was so quite I could hear all of the friendly and relaxed conversations with the other patients. I was really looking forward to this appointment to finally have answers but needless to say it was a waste of time.

Submitted July 1, 2014 | flag

contract w/Northside-Forsyth hosp says he's not allowed to charge for 1st visit, but he has the unmittigated gall to do so, in spite of his contract. so, if you're a self-pay...proceed w/ALL caution. just like every Dr., they're gonna leave you w/a sore butt & go home at the end of the day, to their mansions. so much for the hypocratic oath! it don't mean crap to them!

Submitted March 4, 2013 | flag

I was very impressed with this Doctor. He was very exact and to the point. I had been told I needed surgery on my knee, and it turns out Dr Kalson went another route, and I never needed surgery, and I am doing fine now.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2010 | flag

Had a Achillies surgery. Recovery time difficult. Unwilling to make payment arrangements. Initial problem remains. After 6 months I went to two other specialists and they advised would have done differently.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2009 | flag

This Doctor made a bigggg mistake! Go to any physical therapist and they will confirm. I am truly disappointed with the shape this Doctor left me in. He ought to have known better than to operate and leave me in this shape. He nor the staff were not helpful when I was insistent that something was wrong. When I decided to go to another Doctor for another opinion it took 16 days for them to produce my records. The Doctor I chose for the second opinion explained in detail what exactly the problem was and what Dr Kalson did only made the problem worse. Now several thousand dollars later I am having to redo what he did. Only with a less bone, something that you can't replace. However, Dr Kalson offered for me to visit his partner of which I did and he told me I could "elect" to have another surgery. In other words, if I chose to I would have to pay for it so they wouldn't have to explain to the insurance company that they screwed up. I would recommend to stay away from this group!

Submitted July 7, 2009 | flag

I had hip and back pain and had been to 2 different Doctors for this pain and I had 2 different diagnosis's. One Dr. wanted to do surgery on my back another said it was my knee. I went to Dr. Kalson because he had scoped my knee before and I had great results and he told me that the ball of my hip was dying but wanted to do a MRI to make sure and he was right. All these other Doctors in there fancy offices had no clue. Dr Kalson knows what he is doing and tries the least invasive procedure first. Please don't just take the first doctors word I know for a fact most doctors are just guessing at whats wrong. Dr. Kalson knows what he is doing and I have nothing by respect for this Doctor.

Submitted March 7, 2009 | flag

I shattered my shoulder in 2006 in a fall at home. I went to GMC=Duluth and they immediately called Dr. Kalson. He is a fantastic orthopedist and surgeon. He spent numerous hours operating on me because of the damage to my shoulder and the smallness of my bones, they were difficult surgeries. He is very knowledgeable, takes time to answer questions and explain (more than once if needed) and he just finished a 3rd surgery on me. Unfortunately he couldn't do the surgery he wanted because the implants are not made that small. However, he is a very positive doctor and surgeon and has high expectations of his staff and hospitals. I have sent numerous referrals to his office because I know I can trust him to do the right thing. I will gain very little use of my shoulder and arm back due to the damage, but I know I am in good hands. His staff is efficient and quick to respond to his requests. He's fantastic!!

Submitted Aug. 7, 2008 | flag

not a very personable dr

Submitted July 9, 2007 | flag