Dr. Samuel N Marcus

Website: marcusgi.com External Link
Practice: El Camino GI Medical Associates
Hospital: El Camino Hospital
Phone:650-988-7488
Med. School:Univ Of Liverpool, Fac Of Med, Liverpool, Uk (352-06 Prior 1/71)
Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 01/02/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Samuel N Marcus has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Dr. Samuel N Marcus
Gastroenterologist-related: Crohn's disease, irritable bowel syndrome, GI cancer, bowel disease, stomach, intestines, bowels and other structures, such as the liver, gall bladder, pancreas and esophagus, and focus on maladies that include ulcers, jaundice, colitis, hepatitis, cancer, eating disorders, GIST
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5540480
06/06/14 5 3 5 5 I AM VERY SORRY THAT THESE OTHERS HAVE HAD SUCH EXPERIENCES WITH DR MARCUS' OFFICE. IN MY RECENT EXPERIENCE, THE OFFICE IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THESE REVIEWS. DR MARCUS' STAFF IS HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS. DR MARCUS' PA JOANNE IS WONDERFUL AND CARING AND DR MARCUS IS VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AND HELPED ME.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 5540468

06/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.8  Respond
RID: 1552800
04/10/11 2 3 2 5 Dr. Marcus is a great doctor and person, but he has surrounded himself with an incompetent staff. His PA's see you and then if you are lucky you see him. If you call to find out results or to ask a question you are screened out and cannot find an answer and never allowed to talk to the doctor. If he changes his ways I would return, but can't deal with the staff for now.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 938608
16/07/09 1 2 1 2 Dr. Marcus uses his minion NPs to take medical histories instead of actually doing them himself. The aforementioned results in spending about 5 seconds in total with the actual physician...creating a very rushed feeling. His office staff is also terrible at scheduling procedures. I heard from his scheduler about a month later just to SET UP an appointment for a procedure, which would be another MONTH out! I had been having severe GERD attacks and could not wait that long. After I told her "no thanks" to waiting that long and that I would be seeing another GI, I received a formal letter from Dr. Marcus which stated that he would be "releasing me from his care" (basically "firing" me as a patient) due to me seeing another GI. What a JOKE. I have never been treated so abysmally by any physician or their staff before. Save yourself the trouble.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 583661

05/05/08 1 3 1 1 While doctor was pleasant and clearly knowledgeable, his staff is very unprofessional. The prescribed medicine was not covered by insurance company. No alternatives was offered and nobody ever even called me back. I didn't get help I counted on.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield