Rate Dr. Samuel N Marcus

Dr. Samuel N Marcus's Ratings

I AM VERY SORRY THAT THESE OTHERS HAVE HAD SUCH EXPERIENCES WITH DR MARCUS' OFFICE. IN MY RECENT EXPERIENCE, THE OFFICE IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM THESE REVIEWS. DR MARCUS' STAFF IS HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS. DR MARCUS' PA JOANNE IS WONDERFUL AND CARING AND DR MARCUS IS VERY KNOWLEDGABLE AND HELPED ME.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2425515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

Dr. Marcus is a great doctor and person, but he has surrounded himself with an incompetent staff. His PA's see you and then if you are lucky you see him. If you call to find out results or to ask a question you are screened out and cannot find an answer and never allowed to talk to the doctor. If he changes his ways I would return, but can't deal with the staff for now.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][806899].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2011

Dr. Marcus uses his minion NPs to take medical histories instead of actually doing them himself. The aforementioned results in spending about 5 seconds in total with the actual physician...creating a very rushed feeling. His office staff is also terrible at scheduling procedures. I heard from his scheduler about a month later just to SET UP an appointment for a procedure, which would be another MONTH out! I had been having severe GERD attacks and could not wait that long. After I told her "no thanks" to waiting that long and that I would be seeing another GI, I received a formal letter from Dr. Marcus which stated that he would be "releasing me from his care" (basically "firing" me as a patient) due to me seeing another GI. What a JOKE. I have never been treated so abysmally by any physician or their staff before. Save yourself the trouble.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][806898].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

While doctor was pleasant and clearly knowledgeable, his staff is very unprofessional. The prescribed medicine was not covered by insurance company. No alternatives was offered and nobody ever even called me back. I didn't get help I counted on.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][806900].votes_count ]]