Rate Dr. Monica Peacocke

Dr. Monica Peacocke's Ratings

I don't want to get too deep into why I had to go see Dr. Peacocke, but what really matters is what happened after I finally was introduced to her. I had very particular problems for about 5 years on and off (mostly on) and my insurance would cover doctors that were supposed to help with this sort of thing. Some actually did, but my problem never actually went away. I went to Dr. Peacocke because a friend of mine told me I had to. At first I wasn't too thrilled because of how much it was going to cost me out of pocket. While it really wasn't that much more, it was definitely a wake up call from being used to paying my normal co-pay for this type of thing. She went ahead and ran some tests and came back with exactly what I had been diagnosed with. It was frightening at first but she helped me understand the road ahead and what I needed to do. I listened, and I am really glad I did. She followed up and I saw her once or twice after that. Problem solved. My experience was truly pleasant. I can see how people may he turned off from a doctor who doesn't take insurance, but my pain down there is gone and I don think I can put a number on that. I also think Dr. Peacocke is a unique person and can be perceived as very "out of the box" - that's a quality that I personally like about her.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Peacocke is a terrific doctor. She is more than patient with me. She has always been informative, and warm. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone who is in need of her services.

Submitted July 21, 2014 | flag

Went to Dr. Peacocke for Ten Years assuming that she knew what she was doing. After all that time and a GREAT deal of Money My condition remains the same. She Missdiagnosed me 3 times!! She believes everything revolves around your Vitamin A and Vitamin D levels. If you try to pursue different avenues of treatment other than your vitamin levels she has NO answers!! Her Mantra is "Less is More". Well sometimes Less is Nothing. Spent the last Five years paying her $360.00 a visit (she does not accept ant Insurance) to Chat!! I agree that she should be reported to the Medical Board and her treatments reviewed! Stay Away! Unless you want to pay a Doctor for coversation.

Submitted July 16, 2014 | flag

This doctor is a complete and utter fraud!!! My story is much like ALL OF THE OTHER BAD REVIEWS this doctor has. Started seeing her in the Spring. She told me that she was “100% positive” she knew what my problem was and that in 12 weeks I would be back to normal. 12 weeks came and gone and no results. She then said I was having a gluten problem and had “mild Celiac’s disease.” There is no such thing as mild Celiac’s disease, you either have it or you don’t. Another 12 weeks came and gone and no improvements. Her office kept insisting I come in for more visits, visits that cost a ton of money to basically just chat. I've paid thousands! Her office manager was very nasty to me when I explained how much I have to pay out of pocket and I’m still not seeing results. She told me, “we’re running a business here!” Yes, it’s a bad business! Who would continue to pay so much money with no results?? Reading all of these reviews, I can see I’m not alone!

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

If any investigation (Medical Commission) can be recommendated I'd want this Dr to be investigated. After paying 800+ dollars for consultation and simple blood work said lacked Vitamin D which 90% of Nothern hemisphere has anyway. Handed me a bottle of potent Vitamin D pills and said my condition would go away in a few Months. Left that appt and seen another Gyn Dr who indicated that was completely preposterous and said never see that Dr again. New doctor after an examination found swollen glands and prescribed an ointment and the problem was gone in 5 days. Still have a new bottle of Vitamin d which will be put in the landfill after I toss it.

Submitted April 21, 2013 | flag

She should be known as the Vitamin 'D' Dr of Manhattan. It is to no surprise her diagnosis is always (almost all Patients, need proof.. Web Search it) needing vitamin D! She miss-diagnosed my condition (2 other expert Dr's thought that diagnose was baseline criminal) and confirmed and cleared my issue not because a deficiency in Vitamin D.

Submitted June 6, 2012 | flag

DR. Peacocke was a blessing in my life. I insisted on seeing a specialist b/c my gyn was unable to arrest a persistent infection. This infection had become a chronic situation over a 18 month timeframe. He sent me to Dr. Peacocke. Her confidence and clarity were encouraging. Within a few weeks I was cured of not one, but three underlying vaginal conditions. Based upon my experience, I would recommend her without hesitation

Submitted April 24, 2011 | flag

This woman is a qwack! She gave me vit D Toxicty and I became violently ill. She had an intern return my call. I had nerve damage for which she was incapable of recognizing. She should not be practing medicine. She is lewd and inappropriate. I was going to go the district attorney about her remarks but didn't want to deal with it. BEWARE!

Submitted Feb. 7, 2011 | flag

I did have good results with Dr. Peacocke. I too was a bit leary of the megadoses of Vit D but no other Dr. had a cure for me so I went with it. It cured my relentless itch and although I no longer take the dosage recommended I am still recovered.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2011 | flag

I went to see Dr. Peacocke for something similar I had years ago. She didn't even review those past records. She performed the same Vitamin D tests, mentioned by other woman commenting here, plus some other tests, The part that got me most angry is how she makes you come in for a second visit and pay $175 just to be told she giving you Vitamin D.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2010 | flag