Dr. David R. Brace

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 12 reviews. Dr. David R. Brace has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5451573
07/05/14 5 5 5 5 I'm wearing the second pair of orthotics I got from Dr. Brace. The first pair lasted 20 years. Once I started wearing these I was able to get back to running on the streets again without the knee pain I was dealing with. Before this, I'd tried to "make my own" orthotics, but none of these worked. I wasn't expecting these to work any better than the efforts I'd spent myself on inventing my own, but they did. You really need to get a cast of YOUR foot to really know. It's amazing how the slightest mismeasurement can yield a bad orthotic. Dr Brace did the job right. Twice.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David R."
RID: 2499374
13/12/12 5 5 5 5 Very nice fellow, helpful, educates you in what is happening and what results can be. This is exactly what I hope for in a doctor.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1646701
29/11/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Brace is wonderful. He fixed 2 problems in 4 weeks that I have been living with for over a year. Great Doctor.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1553301
04/10/11 5 5 5 5 I've known Dr. Brace for over 20yrs. I was reading past comments and his staff has improved from 05-06. He continues to be very knowledgeable and helpful. His bed side manner may be a little "quirky", but always cheerful. I would definitely recommend him to others!
RID: 1549678
29/09/11 5 5 5 5 I think Dr Brace is a great guy! He has always been friendly and professional, as has his staff. He is very knowledgeable and was able to help me with my foot pain immensely. No complaints! Highly recommended!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1533403
09/09/11 5 5 5 5 My left foot has been hurting off and on for several years. The heel actually. After reading in some reviews how abrasive and rude he is, I decided to visit Dr. Brace because I actually prefer blunt, direct communication. I made the appointment for the following morning. Was seen with zero wait. Dr. Brace is fantastic. He is to the point, straight forward and knows his stuff. I have Plantar Fasciitis apparantly. He watched me walk back and forth down the hall, probed and pressed on my feet, asked me some questions and told me he knew xactly what my problem was and how to fix it. That's what I want from a Doctor. He took some impressions for orthopedic inserts for my shoes and scheduled a return visit. On the return vist, there was again zero wait and I was in and out in 10 minutes. He explained how to break in the inserts and told me call call back in a week and again in three weeks to let him know how things are going. Dr. Brace is a good doctor. If your feet hurt, go see him.  Respond
RID: 1378508
04/03/11 4 4 5 5 The best podiatrist around. I've been going to Dr. Brace for 28 ever since he correctly diagnosed a problem that 14 other doctors could not. I'm walking today because of Dr. Brace. I moved to another state 13 years ago and discovered just how valuable Dr. Brace is. I could not find another podiatrist that could correctly cast my orthotics in a metro city of two million. After spending a $K note, I gave up and flew back to Austin and Dr. Braced nailed it. He measures your legs and casts your orthotics different than the other doctors. And he is right. Yes he's brusque and talks fast and you have to stop him mid-sentence so that he HEARS what you are trying to tell him. But he knows his stuff and is the best around. And is worth whatever price I pay so that I can have a normal, pain free and healthy life. And walk. His office staff have always been courteous to me, and doc takes my phone calls on the spot. God Bless Dr. Brace. There are very few docs left that care like he does.
RID: 854806
07/04/09 5 5 5 5 This doctor knows his feet and the assorted problems. He immediately knew what was wrong with my feet and ankles and his treatment was spot on. Don't mess around with other foot doctors as they don't hold a candle to his guy.
RID: 684221
14/09/08 4 5 5 5 Dr Brace very frindly and educational. He knows how to minimise discomfort with procedures. No problems at all.  Respond
RID: 27158
03/04/06 5 1 1 Very rude office manager, inacurate billing and account status and Doctor's office is totally unaware of insurance coverage for their services.
Paid (or co-pay): $14267
RID: 14637

04/11/05 1 1 1 Overcharges for everything, attitude was completely undesirable.  Respond
RID: 14636
04/11/05 3 1 2 impolite office staff, obscene markups on products (500%), likes to talk about himself more than about you and your problem, uses inhumane methods of extracting payment  Respond