Dr. Kris Ghosh

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 11/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.1 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 19 reviews. Dr. Kris Ghosh has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3635143
18/12/13 5 5 5 5 When I found that a regular bladder lift for me was not possible and I would best be operated on by a robot, I was rather concerned. Dr. Ghosh is one of the few Dr's in San Diego who could do this surgery. He did a wonderful job, was very caring, skilled, and professional in every way. I would recommend him without reservation.
RID: 2902753
09/10/13 5 4 5 5 LOVE HIM!! I had a complete hysterectomy in August 2008 with a 3C rating. I just passed my 5 year cancer free mark! He and his staff are caring and wonderful.
RID: 2691620
22/06/13 5 5 5 5 My mother took DES years ago when she was pregnant with me. It caused many serious complications for invitro females. Dr. Ghosh was very familiar with the side effects I have experienced and other possibilities that could happen. He has made me feel very confident that should anything else come up he is on top of it and truly understands my concerns. The office staff is very nice, the office is very clean and I have had only good experiences there.  Respond
RID: 2653117
20/05/13 5 4 5 5 I was very nervous about seeing Dr Ghosh because most MDs are not happy to see as big a person as I am. He made me very comfortable with his humor and kindness. I was made to feel like family. It was unbelievable how nice and kind everyone in his office was/is. If you have to see an oncologist and have surgery then this office is the best. I am thankful that this was the surgeon that my PCP entered on my referral. Susan R.
RID: 2598841
25/03/13 5 3 4 5 My experiences with Dr Kris Ghosh have been all good. I had surgery last year to remove a large cyst on my ovary, and all went very well. My only complaint is the waiting time in office and in the room to see him.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2589101
19/03/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Kris Ghosh is not only a Very Knowledgeable Physician in his field, but he was also the first doctor I’ve ever encountered who was truly kind, sympathetic and took the time to address my health issues and concerns in detail and easily explained things thoroughly to me with each visit I had with him. But most importantly, after 17 awful & pain filled years of suffering from my severe Endometriosis with little to no real help from my previous physicians, the Robotic surgery Dr. Kris Gosh and his sister performed for me back in October of 2012 has transformed my life forever in a positive direction. The surgery was a miracle for me and my way of living. I’m virtually pain free, the surgery was a huge success thanks to Dr. Gosh’s skill level and diligent efforts to do all he could for me with the robotic surgery he performed. This is a true professional and a place where you will be taken of care of and your medical issues placed in the best possible hands.
RID: 2566196
21/02/13 5 3 5 5 Dr. Ghosh is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. Being diagnosed with cancer is life-altering. His skills helped save my life. He is experienced and thorough. You may have to wait a bit in his office, but he spends tons of time w/ you. I would highly recommend any woman to see him.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2555832
10/02/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Ghosh is a professional who makes you feel that you are special and important. I am balancing 8 doctors and Dr. Ghosh works with all of them to make sure that I am getting the best medical care for me. I feel blessed and lucky to have him for my doctor. I am grateful to have him as my doctor. His staff is also wonderful at being understanding and helpful.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2553059
06/02/13 5 5 5 5 The staff are efficient and careing and the office has a calming spa-like quality. Dr. Ghosh is knowledgable and conducted the most important set of tests to assure that there was no sign of Cancer. He is very personable and had great empathy, professionalism and sensitivity. I would highly recommend Dr. Ghosh to any women who is in need of this type of medical care and diagnostics.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 2551895
05/02/13 5 5 5 5 Me and my mom are the most fortunate people to have Dr. Kris Ghosh as my mom's OB-Gyne -Oncologist. He attends to us with care and concern. Dr Ghosh performed full hysterectomy to my mom March of last year and is still in touch with us, following up with the condition of my mom with my mom's medical oncologist. He was instrumental in getting my mom the best medical oncologist. My mom just celebrated her 70th birthday last December, a milestone which we never thought would happen before her surgery. Thanks in large part to Dr. Ghosh for making us believe that miracles do happen.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1678006

05/01/12 2 1 2 1
RID: 1526958
31/08/11 1 2 1 3 It appears that Dr. Ghosh is reckless and erratic. People either seem to love him or hate him. Ihad a very bad experience. Three days before my scheduled surgery, he canceled my surgery and sent me a good-bye letter for "verbally abusing" his staff. I would never do that. When I'd tried to talk to him, he wouldn't do it over the phone. When I showed up to talk to him in person, he wasn't there. Instead of answering my questions, he was sarcastic and rude. You don't have to believe me, look him up on the Medical Board website. He's being disciplined for gross negligence and not keeping accurate records. Look him up on Yelp and wordpress. You'll get the picture really quick.
See Responses
RID: 1473345
26/06/11 4 3 5 5 While certain members of the staff are not always the best and you will wait when you arrive for your appointment, Dr. Ghosh is worth every minute. After seeing several doctors who dismissed by concerns, I was finally diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I started seeing him in 2008 and he saw me through all the surgeries and chemo. He was caring and truly listened to what I was saying. My entire family was put at ease while I was in his care. He did everything he could to save my ovaries since having children was such a big concern for my husband and I. He really went above and beyond for me and I will always appreciate that.  Respond
RID: 1471551
23/06/11 5 4 5 5 I found the Dr. Ghosh to be nice, caring and concerned about my condition. I have an HMO that is horrible and he told me he there would be some going back and forth, but he would fight to have my insurance approve said procedure. I would recommend him and his office to anyone!  Respond
RID: 1319712
22/12/10 2 1 1 3 Dr.Ghosh kept me waiting for one hour while he overbooked patients to have 4 exam rooms filled and 10 patients in the waiting room at one time. He chatted with nurses about taking vacations and setting up new work stations in the future while I sat for 30 minutes in the exam room. Very unprofessional and showed lack of concern for patient's time and anxiety levels awaiting information about their cancer !! He is either a poor business man, calous about his patients, or greedy to bill the insurance companies for stacking up his appointments so that I felt like cattle in a cattle car.
Insurance: Aetna
See Responses
RID: 838869
23/03/09 1 1 2 3 Waited almost an hour after my appt. time. When I did see the dr. he was in a hurry and rude. I felt like just another case number. I was made to feel my questions were a waste of his time. I did not go back.
RID: 831410
16/03/09 5 2 5 5 Dr Ghosh called me personally when he found out was in pain even though my insurance had not sent me proof I was covered he had me come in and answered most of my questions and put my anxiety at ease. He will perform robotic surgery on me next month and post another rating then. So far high remarks, I dont mind the wait as long as the outcome is quality and safety.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 582141
29/04/08 2 1 2 2 Every time we had an appt we always waited over 45 minutes to be seen. Medical assistants don't follow-up when they are suppose to.  Respond
RID: 543723
20/03/08 3 3 4 4 Appt. was very sterile and cold. I felt informed. But still had questions.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield