Rate Dr. Drew Welk

Dr. Drew Welk's Ratings

Drew Welk and his staff are the best I have seen. I had reconstruction after a mastectomy and the results were spectacular. I wouldn't let anyone do cosmetic or reconstruction on me other than Drew. Anyone that's doesn't appreciate his bedside manner is overly sensitive and only looking for sympathy. It doesn't get any better...love these guys!

Submitted Sept. 27, 2013 | flag

He's an excellent surgeon. The "Welk" breast is so natural my mammo technician couldn't tell it from the real one until I showed her the scars. She said it was the best reconstruction she'd ever seen. Welk gave 90 % of the credit to the breast surgeon (Clarfeld - the undisputed top in Seattle). Welk said Clarfeld did such a good job all he had to do was "stand up and make sure and vomit" during the surgery. Sure, the guy is wacky. Has a dry sense of humor some might consider "rude." Maybe that's the reason for the few low ratings. My husband and I found his bedside manner to be the comic relief from a horrific cancer experience. Thank you, Dr. Welk.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2013 | flag

I rated Dr. Welk as highly competent for skills, but it’s the experience that was not stellar. On the topic of breast reconstruction after mastectomy, Dr. Welk has a reputation as a great technician. If you catch him on a good day, he may appear to care about the work that he is doing for you. On other days, he may be impatient, seem self-important, and may even show his temper. The way that he handles you physically is rougher than the other doctors I had to see. I felt like an object being run through the assembly line. I have met other patients (of Dr.Welk), who have had cancer, say that it seems like he prefers non-cancer patients. When empathy, communication, and listening are not your strengths, the results may still be good technically, but may not be what the patient really wanted.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2013 | flag

Dr Welk is the most ethical and talented surgeon in Seattle. He is the surgeon other doctors send family members to. That speaks volumes. His entire staff cares and go out of their way to take care of you every step of the way. Brilliant man and is known for his reconstruction work. Every woman I have sent to him I have always suggested seeing someone else before seeing him. You can see the difference and it makes the decision very easy. Dr. Welk is by far the most outstanding in his work. Thank you.

Submitted March 27, 2013 | flag

I am very disappointed with the result of my breast implant revision that Dr.Welk performed on me two years ago. I went in to have my breast made smaller and came out with the same size if not slightly larger! In fact because of the way the implants were put over the muscle instead of under I no longer get a good reading on my mammograms. I feel he did not listen to me and chose to do what he thought was best instead of what I really wanted... smaller more natural breasts. My result has been anything but that and because of this I would not recommend Dr. Welk to people.

Submitted June 17, 2012 | flag

My experience with Dr. Welk was absolutely positive. He was caring, professional, and thorough in discussing my possible procedures. I found him to be conservative, making sure I did not have unrealistic expectations, and that I understood possible risks and outcomes. We share a similar sense of humor, which is not a necessity but a bonus. His administrator, Kathy, and his surgical team, Marilyn and Bettie, all were uniformly excellent in educating me on preparation and recovery. They all made me feel very safe, comfortable and well cared for. As for my results, I could not be more thrilled. My facelift and eyelid surgery have generated comments such as "You look fresh/fantastic/40 again (I'm 57)/in your 30's/gorgeous!" Those in the know agree that my result is very natural, I just look like a younger, vital version of myself.  I unconditionally recommend Dr. Welk if you are considering cosmetic surgery.

Submitted March 12, 2012 | flag

Very happy with results after breast reconstruction!! Everyone from the receptionist to the doctor are excellent. I really appreciated the geniune care and concern I received from Dr. Welk and his staff. Marilyn and Betty make surgey an easy, comfortable experience.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2011 | flag

I absolutely HATED my breast augmentation. DO NOT see this doctor if that is the procedure you are interested in.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2011 | flag

Went to Dr. Welk after disappointing breast reconstruction results from another surgeon and am SO happy with the results. Had a lat flap procedure with implant to match my real breast, and the results are amazing. I was a little taken aback when I first met him, but now appreciate his candor and confidence. HIGHLY recommend him for reconstructive work!

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr Welk was amazing and his staff kind and helpful. I received implants 3 weeks ago and the aftercare has been incredible - follow-up phone calls, patience when I had minor concerns after surgery, Dr Welk is a gifted surgeon and I am so grateful for the care I recieved at his clinic!

Submitted July 1, 2011 | flag