Dr. Samuel O. Mayeda

Foreign Lang: Spanish

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Samuel O. Mayeda has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

17/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.4

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Samuel" to "Samuel O."
RID: 941514
21/07/09 3 1 3 4 The practice is always running behind time..the office has now turned into a concierge practice... and it is very difficult to get in to the office if you do not subscribe to the concierge level...good diagnostician, however the follow up wasn't always consistent
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 837188
20/03/09 1 3 5 5 Dr. Mayeda has treated me for my hyperthyroidism condition. I find him to be very knowledgeable and capable of answering all my questions in as much detail as I wanted. His staff is very nice but their competency is questionable. They have lost my lab report on multiple occasions and seem to have trouble understanding how insurance payments work. Seeing Mayeda is a huge time commitment too. Unless you have the very first appointment of the day, you'll never get out of there in less than 1.5 hours.
RID: 811167
04/03/09 4 3 5 5 Dr. Mayeda is a wonderful physician. He truly cares about his patients. He also seems to be highly regarded in the medical community as many other physicians I have encountered have commented on the fact that he is one of the best. I literally trust him with my life!
RID: 718553
09/11/08 5 2 5 5 Dr. Mayeda is excellent. He takes time to explain things to his patients and to listen to any questions and concerns. His examinations are always thorough and he keeps wonderfully detailed patient records. I think his only area that needs improvement is punctuality.
RID: 701117
13/10/08 3 1 4 5 Dr. Mayeda is often not on time, but he explained why to me one time when he was over an hour late. He said that he has patients who have emergencies because they are very sick, which causes him to fall behind throughout the day. Dr. Mayeda also does not have the most engaging personality, but he explains things in detail, writes notes in his computer as you watch so you can ask questions, and always calls you back. The last two times he called me back, it was after 8pm--he was still at the office. He is concerned for his patients. I am leaving him only because he instituted a $1500 "concierge" fee which comes out of a patient's wallet--insurance won't pay for it. He also explained why--he has a huge workload and is getting less and less money to work longer and longer hours and handle tons of paperwork. I like Dr. Mayeda, and if I had a very serious endocrinology problem, I'd think seriously about paying that concierge fee and sticking with him because I think he's a very good doctor.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 50869
17/10/06 4 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Mayeda for over ten years and I would highly recommend him. He is very knowledgeable in his field and treats you like a friend not just a chart. My favorite part of Dr. Mayeda is that if I call him and leave him a message during the day, he will call back that same day, even if its 10pm to go over any lab results. He is great!
Insurance: Unicare