Rate Dr. Nasser Altorki

Dr. Nasser Altorki's Ratings

My mom was diagnosed with esophageal cancer and we went to him to perform an esophagectomy. The surgery was a disaster. My mom passed away and although she might have passed away anyway from the cancer itself but had she not had the surgery, her last few months on this earth might not have been so painful and full of suffering. Because of him, she suffered more than anyone (especially such a good woman as she was) should have to suffer. She could never eat again (there were constant gastro “leaks”), she couldn’t speak like she used to (he paralyzed her vocal chord) and she couldn’t breathe well (because he did some damage to her respiratory system with the surgery). She spent months in a hospital with complication after complication. Please think twice about having an esophagectomy with him or maybe with anyone for that matter because if he is supposed to be one of the best at this type of surgery then everyone who has this surgery is in trouble.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2012 | flag

Thank God for Dr. Altorki. My husband's lung cancer operation ,a partial removal of the left lung, went so well . My husband said that if he had to go through it again he would seek out Dr. Altorki wherever he was. Other doctors saw his scar and commented highly about the doctor's work.

Submitted May 24, 2010 | flag

Dr. Altorki did not have any interest in trying to diagnose my issues or make any attempt to think out of the box to solve them. He clearly gave me the impression that because an official diagnosis of my pain was still missing he would not be interested in my case because performing surgery as the solution was not immediately the answer or in the cards.

Submitted May 16, 2010 | flag

Dr. Altorki saved the lower lobe of my left lung because he is a master surgeon. He also operated on my right lung (cancer). He was recommended by an acquaintance whose life he also saved. He is not a "feel good" doctor but you will live far longer with him as the head of your team and you can feel good on your own time. The only drawback is the LONG office wait, but then you're going to have all that quality time with your loved ones so it's definitely worth it.

Submitted Oct. 26, 2009 | flag

I beg to differ. My operation was a disaster. 2 days into ICU the colon interposition fell apart. I spent 8 weeks in the hosp. most of which in ICU. Unable to eat and almost dying a few times. Young mother of a 5 year old at the time. Sadly THere was never a discussion as to what went wrong. Or concern for me post op , years later as things are still not great.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2008 | flag

Dr. Altorki saved my fathers life. He was diagnosed with esophageal/stomach cancer. Dr. Altorki doesnt have the most comforting personality but he is a man who made a miracle for our family! M. F. Long Beach, NY

Submitted Feb. 24, 2007 | flag

Dr. Altorki is extremely knowledgeable and dedicated to his profession. I highly recommend him. I had a very large paraesophageal hiatal hernia that 2/3 of stomach was herniated into chest and was twisted 180 degrees. Dr. Altorki and his group repaired and corrected successfully. According to the specialists in the field it was a challenging operation.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2006 | flag

Very direct with positive approach to my situation. Encouraged by his plan to help me beat the cancer.

Submitted Nov. 14, 2006 | flag

KEPT ME WAITING 30 MINUTES. OTHERWISE EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE, KNOWLEDGEABLE.

Submitted June 7, 2006 | flag

This is the best thorassic surgeon in the world....bar none.

Submitted June 1, 2006 | flag